Who lives in a studio ?

georgegeorgia

59 minutes ago, biervoormij said:

Thanks for the reply. Hope you find a way to make Hanoi work for you.

It has been a long time since I was in Hanoi. I thought Pattaya traffic was a challenge, Hanoi traffic is crazy.

What I’m talking about when I say “weak” and “edge” has nothing to do with traffic. I’m talking about spiritual stuff. Thailand seems set up to kiss arse and that’s what I mean by no edge. 

To give one example from today, in Thailand, I adjust a fan at a restaurant on my own, and it comes off as a big deal. The waiter rushes over and wants to do it for me, etc. That’s what I mean by I become weak. It happens all over Thailand, not just in tourist areas.

That’s not me. I adjust a fan, I sit on a balcony in the sun, I walk somewhere instead of using a taxi just for the hell of it. I have edges everywhere, and I don’t mind.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

That’s not me. I adjust a fan, I sit on a balcony in the sun, I walk somewhere instead of using a taxi just for the hell of it. I have edges everywhere, and I don’t mind.

I think we define edge differently. I would not define any of these as edge but just normal life. I hope you find the edge you seek in Hanoi.

12 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

In my case that observation is from the middle of Bangkok.

I am sure it nice to have a sea view and sea breeze in Pattaya, but I don't know how near one has to be to the water to get those conditions. 

Might depend on the air quality one is getting too..... not great in Bangkok surely. Quite a few Pattaya pals have sea views and  sit out getting relatively fresh air blown at them along with the island view. Myself, I get uncomfortable being high up like that, so likely not for me. 

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Might depend on the air quality one is getting too..... not great in Bangkok surely. Quite a few Pattaya pals have sea views and  sit out getting relatively fresh air blown at them along with the island view. Myself, I get uncomfortable being high up like that, so likely not for me. 

You don’t need to be high up to get a sea view and breeze. 

On 9/7/2023 at 6:53 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

I think balconies, and also swimming pools, are overrated.

Everybody wants one. But then most people never use the balcony and never use the swimming pool. 

Why? I don't know. But it's reality. 

I go down almost daily to the gym, sauna and pool before going up to the apartment WFH.
(European working hours start at 2:00 p.m. Thailand time).

If I don't come down early, all sunbeds are already taken.

Edited by Espanol

10 minutes ago, Espanol said:

I go down almost daily to the gym, sauna and pool before going up to the apartment WFH.
(European working hours start at 2:00 p.m. Thailand time).

If I don't come down early, all sunbeds are already taken.

Where do you live? In a high turnover place like the base, or in a condo with long term residents?

1 hour ago, Espanol said:

Long term residents mainly.

Minimun stay 1 month or longer.

Another good reason to view a place on your own before renting. I saw my place with an agent, but always return on my own later that night to check things out when there’s no distractions.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2023 at 10:58 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

I just looked out of my window. I see at least 1,000 balconies from here. Until now I didn't spot even one person on any of them.

Obviously, that doesn't mean nobody ever uses them, but the overall usage is very low. 

I also see right now a couple of swimming pools in condominiums nearby - and not a single person in any of them.

I use my balcony (in my home country BTW, not in TH) mainly as a storage space. In winter it is too cold and in summer it is often too hot. Even in the lower 20s it gets a bit too warm in the afternoon sunshine, in the upper 20s it starts to resemble a sauna. I agree that most balconies are very underused considering how much importance people place on them.

• Like 1