Thaksin may be released on October 13th as his prison status becomes a growing political target

webfact

1 hour ago, positivevibes said:

I will raise a glass of Leo when Thaksin is finally set free in the homeland.

The man might be corrupt, but show me a powerful person who isn't, in the entire world?!

He is a hero among the working classes and an enemy of the wokeing classes - this makes him a decent human being.

Thaksin for PM!

Where does your expert knowledge come from? Noi or Nit? Or was it Somchai? 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's not really a surprise that the criminal won't spend too much time in jail.

If he wouldn't have a deal, he wouldn't have returned to Thailand.

I think the big question for the future is if Thaksin will be quiet and play with his grandchildren or if he will be even more active in politics than he was already when he was officially not involved.

And will PT include him on stage as the all-knowing leader?

Thaksin's downfall was his big mouth together with his criminal behavior. Will he do more of the same? Will he continue to behave like he is above the law? If yes, then another crisis for Thailand won't be far.

I hope the best, but I would be very surprised if he would just shut up.

He didn't cause the last crisis, infact he didn't even cause a crisis when he was still here. On the contrary. Why do you think he will be the cause of another one?

1 minute ago, Jackbenimble said:

He didn't cause the last crisis, infact he didn't even cause a crisis when he was still here. On the contrary. Why do you think he will be the cause of another one?

You obviously didn't experience the last two decades in Thailand, otherwise you would know.

You could look into a history book or old newspapers and learn.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

Please help me. I don't understand how bats are coming here into? And why bats got a channel? Where?? I'm very confused. Enlighten me! ????

References the US tv show of “ Batman” episode sign off, I.e. ‘tune in for the next episode’.

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You obviously didn't experience the last two decades in Thailand, otherwise you would know.

You could look into a history book or old newspapers and learn.

Hmmm, another uninformed and ignorant post. You're not having a good day.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Another stupid post.

Everybody can look up the crimes which Thaksin committed. The evidence was published everywhere.

If you don't know or don't care doesn't mean there is no proof. 

Google or Wiki is your method of judging people then. How stupid. Sitting in Sukhumvit and convicting people based on google. What a genius.

Edited by bignok
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

I think it's interesting when many people here think they know all was planned in detail and all will happen according to those plans. Really? Why do you think so? And how do YOU know?

I am sure Thaksin made some kind of deal because he obviously didn't want to spend many years in jail. But I don't think many people know the details of such deal, or deals. There are a couple of players involved. And some of those players can anytime change their mind. And then the plans are suddenly not so clear and obvious anymore.

Thaksin has a lot of money and powerful friends. But he has also lots of powerful wealthy enemies.

And the future of what will happen when Thaksin comes out of jail is still unclear. Will he openly return to politics? Will his enemies accept that.

There are a lot of unknowns in the future. It is absolutely not clear and fixed what will happen in the next months. Lots of surprises can happen, including things which will surprise Thaksin. Let's wait and see. It won't be boring. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think it's interesting when many people here think they know all was planned in detail and all will happen according to those plans. Really? Why do you think so? And how do YOU know?

I am sure Thaksin made some kind of deal because he obviously didn't want to spend many years in jail. But I don't think many people know the details of such deal, or deals. There are a couple of players involved. And some of those players can anytime change their mind. And then the plans are suddenly not so clear and obvious anymore.

Thaksin has a lot of money and powerful friends. But he has also lots of powerful wealthy enemies.

And the future of what will happen when Thaksin comes out of jail is still unclear. Will he openly return to politics? Will his enemies accept that.

There are a lot of unknowns in the future. It is absolutely not clear and fixed what will happen in the next months. Lots of surprises can happen, including things which will surprise Thaksin. Let's wait and see. It won't be boring. 

A deal with the boss is all you need in Thailand. Only 1 boss.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Wow, you remember I live in Sukhumvit. Great.

But maybe you don't remember that I live here since before Thaksin started in Thai politics. I lived here every day of it and experienced it. I read the newspapers every day.

You could try to educate yourself. But that is probably too much trouble for you. Just pretend you know it all. I am sure you practiced that part for years. 

I don't pretend to be an expert on Taksin. That's your forte. Sukhumvit know it all who reads trashy papers.

3 hours ago, Cabradelmar said:

What a farce. Less than 35% of voters voted for PT in the last election, and the only ones upset Thaksin is in jail are PT followers. 

I think you'll find that quite a number of PT followers are now former followers since PT joined hands with Junta and other former government parties, despite promises not to. So perhaps the numbers are not as high as that because many are aware that Mr. T was definitely involved in this decision.  

Edited by GarryP

15 minutes ago, bignok said:

What law degrees do you hold?

Having worked in a law firm for 30 years, I know that having a law degree doesn't necessarily mean you are not a moron. On the other hand, I know many very intelligent people who don't have degrees. Having a degree nowadays means pretty much SFA, apart from having a debt that needs to be paid off. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Thaksin Shinawatra may be released from prison in the coming weeks

How can he be "released from prison" when in reality, at least thus far, he's hardly darkened the door of any Thai prison since his return to the country.

A suite at the Police Hospital in Bangkok is not "prison."

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

How can he be "released from prison" when in reality, at least thus far, he's hardly darkened the door of any Thai prison since his return to the country.

A suite at the Police Hospital in Bangkok is not "prison."

Nor should he be. Never had a fair trial

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Bim Smith said:

I didn't see this coming at all. Just kidding. As for amnesty I see another coup. I see pigeons everywhere. Coup coup they shout. 

Hm,.. A coup ?? ... Possible,..But I don't think so, because the military are still the real power !!

2 hours ago, bignok said:

I don't pretend to be an expert on Taksin. That's your forte. Sukhumvit know it all who reads trashy papers.

Just in case nobody told you this already: After you write something you should wait a minute and read what you just wrote. And you can press submit, edit it, or delete it. In general, I think the 3rd option is the best for you.

• Thanks 1