Columbian Gang Arrested for Luxury Village Heists

webfact

16 minutes ago, webfact said:

the arrest of a Columbian gang suspected of committing thefts in affluent villages in Samut Prakan and neighboring provinces.

..after the arrest and death of pablo escobar, they may have thought that that trafficking cocaine was too dangerous

Edited by Pique Dard
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, save the frogs said:

there's a distinction between nighttime theft and mid-morning theft? 

Yes exactly there is a distinction  nighttime  theft is more seriously because people are already sleeping or having some activity  so the can't hearing it what us going on and sometimes they eating sandwiches and then the can't hear it also not 

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, mokwit said:

Think about somebody breaking into your house in the middle of the night.

In most US states, "Breaking & entering in the Night time" is a more serious felony than daytime.

This isn't the 1st time for Colombian B&E gangs here.  More than 10 years ago a Colombian B&E gang was arrested in Pattaya.  They had spotters in housing estates who would point out homes where the owners were away for extended periods, especially wealthy foreigners who go back to home countries for months at a time.  They would go in with moving trucks, showing security false documents saying the home was being sold.  It all went directly into containers that were then shipped to S. America.  Apparently, there is a lucrative market for used consumer goods of all types in many S. American countries.

Edited by dddave

11 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

the same in the UK, I think during the day it's Breaking and Entering, in the night it's classed as Robbery

In Victorian times if you found someone in your house at night and shot them dead it was an open and closed case. I have a vague memory it might still be that way  here.

49 minutes ago, dddave said:

This isn't the 1st time for Colombian B&E gangs here.

This is something that concerns me about AirBnB lets. You don't know who the hell the people coming in are. A hotel the size of my condo would have plainclothes security looking out for people checking in for nefarious reasons (e.g passport theft gangs), we just have some guy in uniform from Isaan who sleeps through his shift.