90 Days by Post. EMS both ways?

I remember reading a post a few days ago stating that CW Immigration now requires us to enclose an EMS envelope for the return 90 days slip. Can anyone confirm this please? Will a B10 return envelope be tossed into the bin? I have also read reports that the Post Office cannot register an EMS for the return envelope!!

As my new 90 days report nears (and I was out of the country in July, so the online system might reject my new application), I am going to do a 'double barrel' report, ie Post the 90 days report 15 days before the due date and then apply online the next day, 14 days before due date.

Going to CW is a right pain for me, as I live way on the other side of BKK!!

Any thoughts or opinions?

You can get a 32 baht EMS return sticker for your return envelope at the post office then seal that into your mail-in package. 

Or affix at least 32 baht in stamps and write EMS on the envelope.

If you end up having to go make an appointment. On Thursday, with one it took ~ two minutes. Appointments are always available even the day before. Go to the front counter A4, then desk B66.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Cuchulainn said:

I remember reading a post a few days ago stating that CW Immigration now requires us to enclose an EMS envelope for the return 90 days slip. Can anyone confirm this please? Will a B10 return envelope be tossed into the bin? I have also read reports that the Post Office cannot register an EMS for the return envelope!!

As my new 90 days report nears (and I was out of the country in July, so the online system might reject my new application), I am going to do a 'double barrel' report, ie Post the 90 days report 15 days before the due date and then apply online the next day, 14 days before due date.

Going to CW is a right pain for me, as I live way on the other side of BKK!!

Any thoughts or opinions?

The Thai immigration website still says just a 10 baht self addresses envelope as of 9 Sep 2023.

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1666

Notification by registered mail

1. Photocopy of passport pages with following pages
– front page showing name / surname / Passport No., ect.
– current visa
– last entry stamp of immigration
– last extension of visa
2. Photocopy of departure card TM.6 click to view Example TM.6 card
3. Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any) click to view Example document
4. Completely filled in and signed notification form TM.47 click to view Example document (Don’t forget to sign name.)
5. Envelope with 10 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.
6. The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.
Send the mail before the renewal date 15 days to Immigration Checkpoint in local area where the alien resides.

Edited by Pib
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pib said:

The Thai immigration website still says just a 10 baht self addresses envelope as of 9 Sep 2023.

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1666

Notification by registered mail

1. Photocopy of passport pages with following pages
– front page showing name / surname / Passport No., ect.
– current visa
– last entry stamp of immigration
– last extension of visa
2. Photocopy of departure card TM.6 click to view Example TM.6 card
3. Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any) click to view Example document
4. Completely filled in and signed notification form TM.47 click to view Example document (Don’t forget to sign name.)
5. Envelope with 10 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.
6. The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.
Send the mail before the renewal date 15 days to Immigration Checkpoint in local area where the alien resides.

According to another poster a few days ago: ''Not any more''.

First hand info from CW

30 minutes ago, transam said:

Use the online thingy, takes away all that worrying cr@p............:coffee1:

Until it doesn't work.

Several posts of issues at CW online recently.

My most recent 2 online reports to CW have remained "pending" into grace period despite being filed 14 days prior to due date. 

Resulting in trips to CW for in person report. 

This is despite previous online reports being successful.

Edited by DrJack54

If your online report is not accepted because of not getting the details exactly right or missing the report time window, you must go to immigration in person.   I have reported successfully by mail for several years and have a stock of envelopes for doing it.   I'll try mailing it in one more time.  As my age advances I become increasingly averse to change.  I have read the experience of some posters whose online reports have failed for minor reasons.  I will review the online reporting procedure and the experience of recent reporters as my Oct 24 report date approaches.

2 minutes ago, DogNo1 said:

If your online report is not accepted because of not getting the details exactly right or missing the report time window, you must go to immigration in person.   I have reported successfully by mail for several years and have a stock of envelopes for doing it.   I'll try mailing it in one more time.  As my age advances I become increasingly averse to change.  I have read the experience of some posters whose online reports have failed for minor reasons.  I will review the online reporting procedure and the experience of recent reporters as my Oct 24 report date approaches.

IOnce you are accepted for the online reporting, I can't see problems if information given has not been changed.

They respond or should respond with an acknowledgement you can print off as evidence you reported, then, perhaps a day later, they send the bit to print off for your passport.

If some offices are useless, I can understand that, but where I am there has been no problem at all.

8 minutes ago, DogNo1 said:

I have read the experience of some posters whose online reports have failed for minor reasons.  I will review the online reporting procedure and the experience of recent reporters as my Oct 24 report date approaches

There is nothing stopping you from doing the online report 15 days early along with mail option.

If the online is approved that does not cause issue for your mail in report.

At CW Mail in is processed after your due date.

If online approved then your return mail will just start "already accepted" 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, transam said:

If some offices are useless, I can understand that, but where I am there has been no problem at all

The thread is CW specific and yes recently there have been issues for some folk even when using magnifying glass for autofill for CW. 

One recently chap did online 14 days early at CW.

Still pending into grace period.

Attended in person only to receive "approved" status on his cell the day he arrived at CW. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, DogNo1 said:

Great idea, thanks.  In October I'll do both an online and a mail-in.  I'm still not sure what the postage on the return envelope should be.

I would just do the return self addressed envelope with basic stamp.

On the current immigration website (link earlier) it does not indicate EMS required on return.

You could include 38b stamps to cover that requirement.

BTW: I use two B4 envelopes has previously worked a treat. 

Just for others here is address for CW.

Screenshot_20230904-211806.jpg

1 hour ago, transam said:

Use the online thingy, takes away all that worrying cr@p............:coffee1:

Yes, but as I was out of the country in July, the system might have a problem with a new arrival date.

For the past few years,  online has been no problem as the details never changed.

Now, with a new arrival date on the online form, God knows what'll happen!!!????

10 minutes ago, Cuchulainn said:

Now, with a new arrival date on the online form, God knows what'll happen

When you do autofill you can scroll down to "date of entry" and change the date. 

Unfortunately I did that after trip to Oz and online not approved.

Subsequently did report in person CW.

Thought my next online would be cherry ripe.

Again remained "pending" 

Again did it in person. 

Balls up.