Blue book to get a yellow book

18 hours ago, scorecard said:

So do you want to share the category you're in which gives you the pink ID card for lifetime?  We can all learn something.

On the bottom of my card it says in Thai, expiration date, "life-time"............😋

You seem to have made a mistake regarding the pink card and your PR pluses...............🤭

• Like 1

On 9/9/2023 at 6:31 PM, scubascuba3 said:

You'll need a residency certificate for licence and purchasing a car or motorbike. Getting a yellow book really isn't worth it in Pattaya, life's too short

Strange, since I have renewed my license, registered a new car and sold a motorbike, all using my yellow book and pink card. No residency certificate needed.

This has been in Pattaya

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, BenStark said:

Strange, since I have renewed my license, registered a new car and sold a motorbike, all using my yellow book and pink card. No residency certificate needed.

This has been in Pattaya

Perhaps the other bloke went in wearing flip-flops and his gardening shorts....😂

11 minutes ago, transam said:

On the bottom of my card it says in Thai, expiration date, "life-time"............😋

You seem to have made a mistake regarding the pink card and your PR pluses...............🤭

Thanks for sharing.

I was told years back at the CM city amphur office, where such cards are issued that I needed to come back later in the day when they would issue my lifetime pink card.

Also mentioned that this would be after they printed several pink cards for long-term visa holders which did have expiry dates.

Mine, no expiry date - cheewit therefore a different batch of cards.

I guess more ways than one to skin a cat, but no need to explore in detail. No more comment from me on this.

Edited by scorecard

On 9/9/2023 at 10:26 PM, Banana7 said:

The blue book can only have Thai residents' names. The yellow book can have only non-Thai resident names. These books are the house book and indicate who lives in the premise.

The yellow book is useful to stop paying property tax, and to obtain a pink ID card.

For a Pattaya city hall issued yellow book, in regards to certification of translation, basically it is a 2 step process. First you need to get an official translation of the document done by a translator who is certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA). 2nd step is to present the original document plus the certified translation to MFA. MFA will verify the translation and provide a document saying they have verified. Of course, there is a fee for both steps.

Be aware that MFA may identify a mistake in the translation or not agree with the translation resulting in no verification letter. In this case you'll have to return to your translator and get a new corrected translation and re-submit to MFA. MFA will require payment for each and every submission, not sure about your translator. Note that the MFA office is in Bangkok, so you'll be making a second, or multiple trip(s) to Bangkok until the translation is verified by MFA. To avoid potential multiple trips to Bangkok, choosing a translator in or near the MFA building maybe a less risky choice.

All of the requirements are identified in the checklist that is available at City Hall.

QUOTE:

"The blue book can only have Thai residents' names."

Which includes:

- Thai citizens and

- Permanent residents.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, scorecard said:

Thanks for sharing.

I was told years back at the CM city amphur office, where such cards are issued that I needed to come back later in the day when they would issue my lifetime pink card.

Also mentioned that this would be after they printed several pink cards for long-term visa holders which did have expiry dates.

Mine, no expiry date - cheewit therefore a different batch of cards.

I guess more ways than one to skin a cat, but no need to explore in detail. No more comment from me on this.

According to a mate of mine, the expiry date on the pink ID card is related to your age. This article indicates that if you are over 60, your pink ID card will be for life. 

https://isaanlawyers.com/pink-id-card-for-foreigners-in-thailand/

Don't know if it's true or not, as I normally take anything posted on any lawyer website with a pinch of salt. Up2You to decide.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

26 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

According to a mate of mine, the expiry date on the pink ID card is related to your age. This article indicates that if you are over 60, your pink ID card will be for life. 

https://isaanlawyers.com/pink-id-card-for-foreigners-in-thailand/

Don't know if it's true or not, as I normally take anything posted on any lawyer website with a pinch of salt. Up2You to decide.

True

• Thumbs Up 1