Are you having enough sex?

ezzra

15 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Sex doesn't keep people together. Harmony does. When it's not there, or there is deception, abuse or infidelity, all relationships end, even if you stay together.

and also as you clearly didn't read the article....

Meanwhile, 20 per cent of those surveyed said they had cheated on their partner. Of those, 58 per cent were caught being unfaithful but most were able to recover from the mistake.

Surprisingly, 85 per cent of couples surveyed said they were able to stay together after the infidelity, while 38 per cent actually alleged that an affair made their relationship stronger in the end.

7 minutes ago, stoner said:

keep telling yourself that.

all relationships don't end because of those things you mention. too much of a blanket statement. 

I don't need to tell myself anything. I'm well aware of the dynamics of relationships. I've been in some good, and some bad. I don't think you understand what I wrote, because it's true. Relationships end for those and other reasons. I just mentioned some that are in the front. If you have harmony, that means you are both on the same page, in sex, children, whether to have or not have, financial decisions, where to live, basically future plans. People stay together, if they are both stable mentally, if they are friends and lovers, allowing both to have space, not letting anyone into your personal lives, no abuse, cheating or neglect, and communication. People leave for bull**it reasons all the time, because they were never taught by their parents, either by word or actions, how to relate to the opposite sex. Children learn from day one how people relate to each other, and if they see conflict where one is the victim and another the perpetrator, that's what they think is normal, and their future relationships will suffer. Some are greedy, and money ruins that relationship. Some have addictions not dealt with, and that ruins more.

12 minutes ago, stoner said:

and also as you clearly didn't read the article....

Meanwhile, 20 per cent of those surveyed said they had cheated on their partner. Of those, 58 per cent were caught being unfaithful but most were able to recover from the mistake.

Surprisingly, 85 per cent of couples surveyed said they were able to stay together after the infidelity, while 38 per cent actually alleged that an affair made their relationship stronger in the end.

I did read the article, and a few thousand before that, and lived it with many girlfriends and a few wives. If you read my previous reply, I stated more reasons, which included harmony. Harmony means both are in tune, which does mean happiness and having fun also. Couples that laugh together stay together, because of harmony and shared interests. People stay together and say many things, after an affair. A lot stay together, especially the women, because of financial reasons, and have to live with the fact their significant other felt the need to go elsewhere for sex. If you are in tune, and have harmony, and communicate the right way, you won't look elsewhere. People that cheat are unstable, and look at their partners as objects and not as a partner. Narcissistic personality disorder, something not easily cured, is the reason they cheat. Another is drug addiction and impulsivity. Sex addiction from past trauma. People lie about their relationships not to lose face, and saying things are okay when inside they are hurting, is a defense mechanism.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

what is the losers name?

He was (rightfully) a proper legend here. Back in the day.

I do believe we are prohibited from quoting sex prices here, but think in terms of a Khao Soi noodle dish in a place with air-conditioning. Since he was a regular.

He offered me a go. I said, "Only if I go first".

Edited by LaosLover
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I did read the article, and a few thousand before that, and lived it with many girlfriends and a few wives. If you read my previous reply, I stated more reasons, which included harmony. Harmony means both are in tune, which does mean happiness and having fun also. Couples that laugh together stay together, because of harmony and shared interests. People stay together and say many things, after an affair. A lot stay together, especially the women, because of financial reasons, and have to live with the fact their significant other felt the need to go elsewhere for sex. If you are in tune, and have harmony, and communicate the right way, you won't look elsewhere. People that cheat are unstable, and look at their partners as objects and not as a partner. Narcissistic personality disorder, something not easily cured, is the reason they cheat. Another is drug addiction and impulsivity. Sex addiction from past trauma. People lie about their relationships not to lose face, and saying things are okay when inside they are hurting, is a defense mechanism.

you make so many wild assumptions in this post. good luck. 

3 minutes ago, stoner said:

you make so many wild assumptions in this post. good luck. 

I don't assume. Finding, and keeping, a good relationship, is the hardest thing we can do. Most fail, and a lot just stay for many reasons, but harmony between two isn't easy to find. People come from different backgrounds, different parenting environments, and are two different genders, which leads to many problems, if you don't understand what to look for. I have made bad choices in women, but always wanted a good relationship, and did my part trying to understand the opposite sex and what they need. When you have the right person, things are easier. When you have the wrong partner, no amount of knowledge or attempts at keeping the relationship will work. I'm still hopeful, and will always treat a woman like I want to be treated. If they can't respond, or are damaged, it will mean looking again.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Goat said:

Yes I agree with that.

It seems many that are struggling here, and are sadly needing to resort to paying wretched hookers because they simply dont know how to do it properly.

I have found it is best to skip all that foreplay nonsense.

It just confuses them.

Once the Goat gives em a good one they keep coming back for more and more.

Was the top pic from when you were a 'kid'?

7137b9a384484938432f0b4a5e0838a1.jpg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Amazing Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia and the Philippines.

To be honest I blame welfare, when a government provides all, women don't need men for anything.

Wow! What an old view. We haven´t updated in many decades, I can read. So, you blame the women because the government gives them all they need, so you have nothing to offer them. I assume you also are out of the belief that when a women do not share your bed, they should cook, clean and wash. ????????????

Welcome to the 21st century. You know, the years where you can have exciting conversations, and share ideas of life. The time when you should treat a women as more than just a dependent companion in bed. But, somehow I think you will not get that. 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I had two that I respected and treated better than they deserved, but they still cut me off.

Re the OP, define "enough".

If you treated them well, as i always do, and they don't respond, they aren't the right choice.And I'm guessing since you said, better than they deserved, they had problems.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Welcome to the 21st century. You know, the years where you can have exciting conversations, and share ideas of life.

I had a western partner for some years, but she never provided exciting conversation or shared life ideas, as her sole focus in life was herself. She was really PO when I left her as she had to baby sit her kids herself, instead of expecting me to do so while she pursued her "career".

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

The wrong choice, yes absolutely, 100% wrong wrong wrong, but I was naive the first time and stupid the second. Far better not to have had a regular woman at all.

If they are a good woman, they are as good as you can get. That to me is a regular woman. One not paid cash for.

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

"They found that the couples – who had been together for a minimum of 10 years – had sex seven times a month on average."

Sounds like a lot of liars in that survey (or they didn't specify who the sex was with).

Back in the UK I didn't know any married men (of 2 years or more) having sex with their wife more than 2x a month, many were only allowed sex 2x a year.

The old joke, when first dating a girl get a jar and put a marble in every time you have sex with her, after marriage take a marble out after sex  ......... your jar will never empty.

That is so true!

Absolutely spot on. Few in the West enjoy a good sex life for long! And most would lie on a survey like that to avoid humiliation and the revelation that their woman was not holding her end of the bargain. 

Here? It is certainly better, though I wonder what percent of married Thai women older than 45 are particularly active, sexually.

I have a good friend who is with a Thai woman who will not give him sex at all. They've been together for 5 years or so and she just will not satisfy him on any level. So my question is - is it ethically proper to just go out and get it elsewhere? I think it is, I think that if the woman refuses to satisfy the man as long as he can do it in a discreet fashion, there's no harm in going out and seeking satisfaction elsewhere. 

Edited by spidermike007

20 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I had a western partner for some years, but she never provided exciting conversation or shared life ideas, as her sole focus in life was herself. She was really PO when I left her as she had to baby sit her kids herself, instead of expecting me to do so while she pursued her "career".

Ok, so you made a bad choice. That´s on you ???? 

10 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Absolutely spot on. Few in the West enjoy a good sex life for long! And most would lie on a survey like that to avoid humiliation and the revelation that their woman was not holding her end of the bargain. 

Here? It is certainly better, though I wonder what percent of married Thai women older than 45 are particularly active, sexually.

I have a good friend who is with a Thai woman who will not give him sex at all. They've been together for 5 years or so and she just will not satisfy him on any level. So my question is - is it ethically proper to just go out and get it elsewhere? I think it is, I think that if the woman refuses to satisfy the man as long as he can do it in a discreet fashion, there's no harm in going out and seeking satisfaction elsewhere. 

Divorce if they won't act the part of a partner, then find another hopefully that will. There are reasons a woman won't give sex to her man, and if you're not there, you don't know the story. If you cheat, there's harm done. If you are giving a woman what she needs, and it isn't about money for a normal one, she will respond.

6 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Divorce if they won't act the part of a partner, then find another hopefully that will. There are reasons a woman won't give sex to her man, and if you're not there, you don't know the story. If you cheat, there's harm done. If you are giving a woman what she needs, and it isn't about money for a normal one, she will respond.

None of yours ever responded, so what did you do wrong?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

. I assume you also are out of the belief that when a women do not share your bed, they should cook, clean and wash. ????????????

You assume wrong, I do all my own cooking, and most of my kids cooking.

She's no good at all making Brit/Indian/Mexican food which is all me and my kid eat.

• Like 1