Family pictures for thai spouse visa

I always provide new ones, this subject has been posted a few times here but I will repeat what an eagle eyed female officer said to me one year "Oh you have a new fridge" true story.

As for the mug shot, Yeh I've given them the same ones but I wear the same shirt in the old photo.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, FlorC said:

Weird enough , this year they asked 4 pics for my retirement extention.

New of course because it is the first time.

At many offices, they no longer require any for a retirement extension! I guess the official found you handsome, and wanted copies for her personal use. Seriously, which office was this?

• Haha 1

On 9/12/2023 at 12:16 PM, steph83 said:
Hello,

I want to extend my thai spouse visa (non immigrant O). Can i provide the same family pictures of last year or it must be new ?

Cheers

If you’re in Nonthaburi, you try that and they notice (and I think they would) you, your wife and your neighbour will all have to go back home, take new pics (neighbour is handy for this since he’s already up and about LOL) and return. They may well also ask you for x and y extra that they were otherwise probably going to let slide this time. Other offices, seems there will be different consequences and different probability of being caught/ anybody caring much. Possibly photos are not taken as seriously where they do (or are supposed to do) home visits? In Nonthaburi they don’t seem to do visits and the neighbour and photos are important evidence.

You should take new ones unless you know they are definitely okay with the old at your office.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/12/2023 at 10:28 AM, transam said:

I think immigration offices are different, I personally would do a few new ones, you don't want to be sent on your way over a couple of photos, do you...????

Even more it may differ year by year on the same immigration office.
I get adventures with paperwork every year ????

3 hours ago, BritTim said:

At many offices, they no longer require any for a retirement extension! I guess the official found you handsome, and wanted copies for her personal use. Seriously, which office was this?

Phrae , and definitely not because I'm handsome. 555

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Trat want the same and a home visit. 

No home visit yet. 

Anyway , taking those pics doesn't bother me.

Asking 3 things at the bank and paying for it + extra copies of my bankbook, DOES bother me.

Also an extra doc that says that I've not been in trouble with the law , is new this year.

Owner of the place I stay needs to fill in an extra document , I don't know what it is.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, FlorC said:

Phrae , and definitely not because I'm handsome. 555

No home visit yet. 

Anyway , taking those pics doesn't bother me.

Asking 3 things at the bank and paying for it + extra copies of my bankbook, DOES bother me.

Also an extra doc that says that I've not been in trouble with the law , is new this year.

Owner of the place I stay needs to fill in an extra document , I don't know what it is.

It sounds as though you have a tough office. Demanding a criminal records check for a retirement extension is especially unusual.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

No , they just want to know , and I quote :

Are you currently having any criminal or civil cases pending in the court of justice outsite Thailand .

And second question :

Have you been imprisoned by the judgement of the thai court , or by a lawful injunction, or by the judgement of the court of jurisdiction outsite Thailand , except when the penalty is for petty offence or negligence oe is provided for as an exception in the thai ministerial regulation?

Yes or no answer , with the yes , asked to clarify.

So not really asking  criminal records.

I guess you can lie here , but I'm as clean as a whistle , so no problem.

• Confused 1

On 9/13/2023 at 11:57 AM, brianthainess said:

Trat want the same and a home visit. 

I stand corrected. Just went today , and yes they want a house visit too.....

Every year more and more.

I should open a second bank account , because with only one account for all , there is absolutely no financial privacy !! 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

My wife always snaps pics at family events at the house and at the local temple. We've even handed in a few that the IOs were in (temple events) which gives them a smile.

As for a new bank account, with the new tax laws your country and Thailand will know as soon as it's opened.

5 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

As for a new bank account, with the new tax laws your country and Thailand will know as soon as it's opened.

I do not think Thai banks have any obligation to notify foreign governments about the opening of new bank accounts. The Thai authorities will, presumably, receive some kind of report which it probably never looks at again 99.9% of the time.

• Thumbs Up 2

16 hours ago, BritTim said:

I do not think Thai banks have any obligation to notify foreign governments about the opening of new bank accounts. The Thai authorities will, presumably, receive some kind of report which it probably never looks at again 99.9% of the time.

I can't speak for other countries but they DO make Americans fill out IRS notification forms when opening an account.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

I can't speak for other countries but they DO make Americans fill out IRS notification forms when opening an account.

True. Thai banks are not keen on having US customers because of the extra paperwork.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, BritTim said:

Thailand joined the Common Reporting Standard (CRS) this year. USA is not part of it as they have Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA). Either way, information on foreigners opening and maintaining accounts will be shared with home countries.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

Thailand joined the Common Reporting Standard (CRS) this year. USA is not part of it as they have Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA). Either way, information on foreigners opening and maintaining accounts will be shared with home countries.

I see. I missed the August 15 announcement in the Royal Gazette. I was under the impression that Thailand was resisting attempts to rope it into the system. Thank you for setting me straight.

15 minutes ago, BritTim said:

I see. I missed the August 15 announcement in the Royal Gazette. I was under the impression that Thailand was resisting attempts to rope it into the system. Thank you for setting me straight.

I was surprised that Thailand joined CRS after resisting for so long. 

On 9/13/2023 at 12:51 PM, Nonthaburi Boy said:

If you’re in Nonthaburi, you try that and they notice (and I think they would) you, your wife and your neighbour will all have to go back home, take new pics (neighbour is handy for this since he’s already up and about LOL) and return. They may well also ask you for x and y extra that they were otherwise probably going to let slide this time. Other offices, seems there will be different consequences and different probability of being caught/ anybody caring much. Possibly photos are not taken as seriously where they do (or are supposed to do) home visits? In Nonthaburi they don’t seem to do visits and the neighbour and photos are important evidence.

You should take new ones unless you know they are definitely okay with the old at your office.

Where I said that Nonthaburi don’t seem to do home visits - well, they do at least sometimes. So that isn’t the reason - they still take the neighbour and photos seriously.Just in case anybody finds that comment.