Father Releases Dashcam Video of Tragic Hit-and-Run Involving Daughter, Questions Justice

webfact

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Unless she also went through on red and jumped the light.

The time difference between the light turning red for the car and impact is about 1.6 seconds. 

How long do traffic lights allow for one light to turn red before the other turns green ?... I'd say its set at 3 seconds nationwide. 

So it's possible the lights were set up very poorly, OR, the girl jumped the lights. 

People who pull out into roads and get hit by a car have not looked.

Thus, either she looked and her view was blocked so she couldn't see the approaching car, or she didn't look.

The other driver was about 5m from the intersection when the light changed to red (see below - light still on Amber).

She was riding under age - Parents fault.

It would appear that she jumped the light (or timing was faulty).

She pulled out into a junction with an on-coming, which implies she didn't look.

The evidence shows that the young girl was 'also' at fault for her part in the accident.

Thats not to remove any fault from there driver who ran a red light.

image.thumb.png.e135feac4e337b92469b185850968ae0.png

Not sure what your looking at but you can't tell the distance from the i light in this angle so your guessing. 

Pulling into an intersection when you have a green light isn't an indication of her jumping the light. Having a car still moving coming up to there red light isn't abnormal as they should be slowing to a stop, not accelerating. 

Ive never timed them but I never seen any light  taking 3 seconds between changes anywhere in thailand.  Many lights have visible timers showing the impending change on all directions. Most all change almost instantly. Not sure where your seeing 3 seconds.

Is it smart to look before you move in Thailand while driving, absolutely. Is she at fault for moving if her light is green, absolutely not. Is the guy blowing thru a red light not at fault, absolutely not. Go back and watch the video you posted the screen shot from. It clearly shows the red well before he got to the intersection.

Your blaming her or giving equal fault for the actions of the guy running a red light. Poor on your part. 

Did she look, nothing shows she did or didn't, your guessing she didn't purely based on she got hit after moving.  

Enough of this debate.  You weren't there nor was I but there's nothing I've seen no indicate she was at fault.  Should she have waited before moving, probably based on common driving traits in thailand, I do. Does it make her at fault for moving no way. 

Edited by Dan O
Spelling correction
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

So in your opinion Build its ok for a 14 yr old riding without a licence, prob no insurance, no helmet, no training the list goes on would you allow your girl to do the same as this girl? 

And would you BarraMarra, run a red light while speeding, without looking or stopping and run into a girl on a scooter.

HE is the one who ran into her, not she into him. HE is the one who caused the accident. 100% HIS fault.

Why are you blaming her?

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Dan O said:

Not sure what your looking at but you can't tell the distance from the i light in this angle so your guessing. 

Pulling into an intersection when you have a green light isn't an indication of her jumping the light. Having a car still moving coming up to there red light isn't abnormal as they should be slowing to a stop, not accelerating. 

Ive never timed them but I never seen any light  taking 3 seconds between changes anywhere in thailand.  Many lights have visible timers showing the impending change on all directions. Most all change almost instantly. Not sure where your seeing 3 seconds.

Is it smart to look before you move in Thailand while driving, absolutely. Is she at fault for moving if her light is green, absolutely not. Is the guy blowing thru a red light not at fault, absolutely not. Go back and watch the video you posted the screen shot from. It clearly shows the red well before he got to the intersection.

Your blaming her or giving equal fault for the actions of the guy running a red light. Poor on your part. 

Did she look, nothing shows she did or didn't, your guessing she didn't purely based on she got hit after moving.  

Enough of this debate.  You weren't there nor was I but there's nothing I've seen no indicate she was at fault.  Should she have waited before moving, probably based on common driving traits in thailand, I do. Does it make her at fault for moving no way. 

Thank you for your decent comment.

4 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

So in your opinion Build its ok for a 14 yr old riding without a licence, prob no insurance, no helmet, no training the list goes on would you allow your girl to do the same as this girl? 

None of those issues has anything to do with a guy running a red light and hitting her.  If she were 20, 30 or 50 it would be exactly the same outcome. Give blaming her for the accident a rest as the facts aren't on your side. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

And would you BarraMarra, run a red light while speeding, without looking or stopping and run into a girl on a scooter.

HE is the one who ran into her, not she into him. HE is the one who caused the accident. 100% HIS fault.

Why are you blaming her?

Now your deflecting Build no 1 should jump a red light i never blamed her i asked you a question if you would like to answer it.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dan O said:

None of those issues has anything to do with a guy running a red light and hitting her.  If she were 20, 30 or 50 it would be exactly the same outcome. Give blaming her for the accident a rest as the facts aren't on your side. 

Thank you for your decent comment.

15 hours ago, Dan O said:

I'm looking at the video (the picture I posted is from the video).

Are you telling me you are incapable of looking at that photo and noting that the car is about 5m or so from the junction ????

It's an indication she possibly jumped the lights because the time difference between the lights turning red and the impact is about 1.6 seconds... Lights in Thailand usually take about 3 seconds for one junction to turn red before the other turns green.

You are wrong...  there is an overlapping 'all red time' on every traffic light I've seen in Thailand (and anywhere else).

The timer you are referring to is the countdown timer for 'your' light.

If you are not aware of the (approximate) 3 seconds, you either do not drive, or have not paid attention. 

Is it smart to look before you move in Thailand while driving, absolutely. Is she at fault for moving if her light is green, absolutely not. 

Regardless of lights, if you cross any junction without any regard for the possibility of other traffic you are at fault for putting yourself at risk.

Is the guy blowing thru a red light not at fault, absolutely not. Go back and watch the video you posted the screen shot from. It clearly shows the red well before he got to the intersection.

It shows the light turning red when the car is about 5m before the junction and Amber well before that.

Not poor on my part - Poor on her part. With the timing of the lights it would appear she jumped the lights. Its also clear she didn't look. Her actions make her complicit in the incident.

Her parents allowing an underage girl to ride a motorcycle are also complicit. 

That is not to diminish fault of the car driver.

No she didn't look. IF she did look she would have seen the oncoming car.  Thats pretty obvious. 

If she were older and had more experience she may have been more 'traffic aware'.

Enough of this debate.  You weren't there nor was I but there's nothing I've seen no indicate she was at fault.

The we are watching a different video... I'm not 'looking to victim blame'... however, there is clear fault on her part. Again, not to diminish any fault of the driver, but the young girl (and her parents) are not 100% clear of any fault in this incident.

Should she have waited before moving, probably based on common driving traits in thailand, I do. Does it make her at fault for moving no way. 

You have contradicted yourself. IF she 'should have waited' and didn't, she made a mistake - ergo there is some fault on her part.

15 hours ago, billd766 said:

Why are you blaming her?

Forgetting about the age for a second.

The girl entered a junction that wasn't clear, which indicates she didn't look.

The girl appeared to enter the junction before her light changed to green (based on the timing between the light turning red for the car and impact - ±1.6 seconds).

Is she 100% free from mistakes ?

Of course, the driver of the car is also 100% at fault, but the girl is not 100% fault free, she also made mistakes that lead to the accident.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Are you telling me you are incapable of looking at that photo and noting that the car is about 5m or so from the junction ????

It's an indication she possibly jumped the lights because the time difference between the lights turning red and the impact is about 1.6 seconds... Lights in Thailand usually take about 3 seconds for one junction to turn red before the other turns green.

You are wrong...  there is an overlapping 'all red time' on every traffic light I've seen in Thailand (and anywhere else).

If you are not aware of the (approximate) 3 seconds, you either do not drive, or have not paid attention. 

Regardless of lights, if you cross any junction without any regard for the possibility of other traffic you are at fault for putting yourself at risk.

It shows the light turning red when the car is about 5m before the junction and Amber well before that.

Not poor on my part - Poor on her part. With the timing of the lights it would appear she jumped the lights. Its also clear she didn't look. Her actions make her complicit in the incident.

No she didn't look. IF she did look she would have seen the oncoming car.  Thats pretty obvious. 

If she were older and had more experience she may have been more 'traffic aware'.

The we are watching a different video... I'm not 'looking to victim blame'... however, there is clear fault on her part. Again, not to diminish any fault of the driver, but the young girl (and her parents) are not 100% clear of any fault in this incident.

You have contradicted yourself. IF she 'should have waited' and didn't, she made a mistake - ergo there is some fault on her part.

Your posting crap replies now

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

No contradiction. Your not required to wait if you have a green light,, you have Right Of Way. That was a rhetorical statement not a claim of error on her part. Learn to read.

You're ignoring the video you took the screen shot from.  The video clearly shows the light was red well before the car entered the intersection. But that doesnt fit your victim blaming which you are absolutely doing with no proof,

only your guess because she got hit in the intersection so she must be at fault.  Your position is very poor without any facts just your opinion to back it up.

Don't bother replying as I have no more to say to you on this as we won't agree since your using no facts just a slanted opinion and a guess. Your a very sad person blaming the victim.

20 hours ago, Dan O said:

No contradiction. Your not required to wait if you have a green light,, you have Right Of Way.

It seems you do not know what "all red time" means.

When one light changes to red, there is an interval of time before the lights at another junction turn to green.

During this interval of time... "all red time" no one has right of way.

The time between the traffic light for the car changing to ed and the impact is about 1.6 seconds. 

Traffic lights in Thailand have an 'all red time" of about 3 seconds. 

This would imply that the girl jumped the lights.

That was a rhetorical statement not a claim of error on her part. Learn to read.

Erm...  take your own advice..  

You're ignoring the video you took the screen shot from.  The video clearly shows the light was red well before the car entered the intersection. But that doesnt fit your victim blaming which you are absolutely doing with no proof,

The video is proof - the light turned red while the car was about 5m from the junction and the impact was about 1.6 seconds later. 

The girl was illegally on a motorbike.

The girl entered the junction without looking.

The light cannot have been green based on the timing shown in the video.

You may not want to blame the victim because you are allowing your sympathies to cloud your bias, however, three very clear mistakes were made by the girl which led to the accident. 

only your guess because she got hit in the intersection so she must be at fault.  Your position is very poor without any facts just your opinion to back it up.

The video is fact enough - its clear to see.

Don't bother replying as I have no more to say to you on this as we won't agree since your using no facts just a slanted opinion and a guess. Your a very sad person blaming the victim.

Both the driver of the car and the girl are to blame for their parts in the accident. 

The Driver blew though the junction on a red light - very dangerous driving. 

The girl also jumped the light without looking - careless riding and she should never have been on a motorcycle in the first place.

You're a fool if you can't understand that.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Haha 1

On 9/15/2023 at 7:26 PM, billd766 said:

Why are you blaming her?

They are both at fault....  We are not living in an either or world whereby if one person is at fault the other person is therefor 100% free of fault.

The car driver is absolutely at fault for blowing through the junction on red. 

The car driver is absolutely at fault for not slowing and stopping when the light was on yellow.

The girl's parent are at fault for allowing an under-age girl to ride a motorcycle. 

The girl is at fault for not looking before entering the junction. 

The girl is at fault for entering the junction before the lights turned green.

• Haha 1