Petition submitted to PM to have Thaksin returned to prison

webfact

2 hours ago, Gandtee said:

And what do you think public opinion would be on this subject? 

Probably to let him be, as long as he plays no further role in politics.

Thais are ready to move on and, depending how the current semi-new government pans out, they'll vote next time in overwhelming numbers for fundamental reform of all Thailand.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, mark131v said:

One rule for the rich and connected and zero justice for anybody else, true double standards and true hypocrisy, no honour and no shame...

western pollies have learnt well from them from what I can work out

18 hours ago, ChipButty said:

The prison hospital has been good for 1000's of other prisoners in the past so it's good enough for him, a guy I knew of who spent time was handcuffed to the bed, 

Lucky to have a bed - lots of them have to sleep on the floor!

18 hours ago, Purdey said:

This is the first time I noticed that Thaksin looks similar to Jack Ma. Maybe they swapped places?

"Doppelganger"? 

dop·pel·gang·er
/ˈdäpəlˌɡaNGər/
noun an apparition or double of a living person.
  1. "he has been replaced by an evil doppelganger"
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

No it is not. A member of the House Of Lords was jailed in the UK, and spent his time in a prison cell. Quite a number of other highly-placed people in the UK have also served jail rather than hospital time.

Indeed,  Lord Jeffrey Archer:- 

The Lord Archer of Weston-super-Mare

"On 19 July 2001, Archer was found guilty of perjury and perverting the course of justice at the 1987 trial. He was sentenced to four years' imprisonment by Mr Justice Potts."

And he served half of his sentence in the Category "D" HM Prison Hollesley Bay in Suffolk. before being released on licence, retained his peerage and continued to be a member of The House of Lords. 

Edited by sambum
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Surely the court/powers that be can release him on the condition he stays out of politics along with a gag order preventing from speaking to the press about any current issues?

Then he can go home to his family and he will soon be old news and all but forgotten.

Edited by Tanlic

Everyone knows some kind of deal was made with brown envelopes before he set foot again in thailand.Many people will not be happy look at the last election and what happened after.Now he is here some will be doing they best to make him spend time in prison long term,But the deal is set now and he is in a 5 star hotel type hospital suite with everything he needs.

If stories are true  he will be free before the  end of the year and that will make people more upset

15 hours ago, mark131v said:

Hatred for Toxin has nothing to do with it, but hatred for the blatant double standards being exhibited by the establishment and the utter contempt they hold their people in yeah I really hate that!

One rule for the rich and connected and zero justice for anybody else, true double standards and true hypocrisy, no honour and no shame...

You are correct but Thailand and its neighbouring countries have and will always be like that unless the people demand change which would mean confronting the corruption from most leaders past & present including the military and the RTP & enforcing reforms. If Taksin had no money we all know where he would be but he may be genuinely sick. He was a man for the people and he didnt knowingly or intentionally kill anyone like a number of other high profile people with money who are not behind bars!!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Only some people. People who find it hard to move on and hope for a better future.

Or some may take the view that he should be subject to the law of the land, and his conviction enacted. It might make Thailand look somewhat less corrupt and other political  figures realize they are not above the laws, and integrity and responsibility is required of them. Sounds  good, but nonsense with Mr T relaxing in a hospital waiting for his much reduced sentence to be shortened further.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

some may take the view that he should be subject to the law of the land, and his conviction enacted.

That would be fine if his exile & convictions were not the outcome of 2 different military coups, against his government in the first instance and against his sister's in the second.

He may well have been guilty of all sorts of sins & crimes but people rabbiting on about how he should suffer the punishments dolled out by unconstitutional means are hardly in a position to preach virtue.

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, kcpattaya said:

I really don't understand these Thais.

The whole country was grieving when their beloved Taksin left the political stage. Everyone hates Uncle Tuu.

Now Taksin is back and they want to lock him up. Strange sequence of events.

different groups of people....

I wasn't a fan of Thaksin when he was PM to be honest - especially after the red shirts took Rajadamri...

But after Prayut - I would have Thaksin back as PM in a heartbeat. The country has stagnated under the military and they still have their fingers in a lot of the pies. 

So yeah - people can change their minds on him. I know I did.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/13/2023 at 4:19 PM, retarius said:

So the mere fact that you, Pichit, do not believe the doctors statements about Thaksin's health, when in truth you know absolutely zero about his condition and seriousness of it, entitles you to campaign to have him put in an unsafe prison environment should he actually be ill. Your hatred knows no bounds at all. 

Exactly retarius. This hate mob are like a fart in colander. It amazes me as to how their medical experience enables them to call the doctors attending to Mr T liars without them (haters) ever examining him. 

Haters: You made yourselves look a little bit silly with your "he'll never dare come back" posts but now your hatred is showing you up. 

Why not pick a perp more worthy of your hatred say, Boss? 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, kcpattaya said:

I really don't understand these Thais.

The whole country was grieving when their beloved Taksin left the political stage. Everyone hates Uncle Tuu.

Now Taksin is back and they want to lock him up. Strange sequence of events.

The whole country wasn't grieving when Thaksin did a runner, a large number were applauding with some even assisting his departure. 

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

He was not 'exiled'......far from it.

Look the word up.

Either the laws of the land are enacted and followed, under penalty of punishment, equally, or we are in some banana republic. Either quash his conviction, or enact it!

Ever heard of 'self-exile'?

Given that we live in a banana non-republic, your last sentence makes no sense. The laws of the land are not imposed equally, as has been amply demonstrated over the last 4 months. As to Thaksin I merely make the point that, whatever his sins, I am disinclined to take seriously the penitentiary outcomes imposed on him back then as a democratically-elected PM by the would-be authoritarian regime that had just overthrown him.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ironmike said:

Where do I sign this petition I'd like to see him locked up where he belongs,, the Thai people voted for the person they wanted to run their country and that was stolen from them now this criminal returns to be given VVIP treatment because he is rich,, when is red bull boy returning let get the parade ready for him too,, this is BS,,lock him up for 8 years he ran from the law he is guilty. 

In your enthusiasm, it seems to have slipped your memory, that the Thai people repeatedly voted for the man they wanted to run the country during the first two decades of this century.

That man was Thaksin.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Gandtee said:

And what do you think public opinion would be on this subject? 

6 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

It is my impression that overall public opinion is in favour of his release.

A simple question, a simple answer.

It attracted two " confused" emojis!

Now what in the name of The Almighty and the little fishes is confusing about that? It really couldn't be plainer or simpler!

If you are using them to indicate that you disagree, then have the bottle to post and say you disagree, and maybe even offer a reason why you disagree!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

He made a reservation at the luxury suite in a hospital he prepaid it. He had a sentence reduced from eight years to one year is only spent about a month in the luxury suite in the hospital. What’s the odds that he could spend another 11 months there or wait till December and get a full pardon. I’m thinking he’ll stay there till he gets his part in in December then after he leaves the hospital he will have a 100% recovery from his illness TIT.

I'm thinking the medical staff will recommend release with follow-up, fulltime home care as his condition can't be properly treated in the jail 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Tanlic said:

Surely the court/powers that be can release him on the condition he stays out of politics along with a gag order preventing from speaking to the press about any current issues?

Then he can go home to his family and he will soon be old news and all but forgotten.

That would also confirm their fear of this guy and their knowledge that he never was able to be defeated in an honest election

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

He made a reservation at the luxury suite in a hospital he prepaid it. He had a sentence reduced from eight years to one year is only spent about a month in the luxury suite in the hospital. What’s the odds that he could spend another 11 months there or wait till December and get a full pardon. I’m thinking he’ll stay there till he gets his part in in December then after he leaves the hospital he will have a 100% recovery from his illness TIT.

It's a miracle, It's a miracle,  what great doctors there are in the Police Hospital.  pfffttt.  Yes, I believe also that he will get his full pardon in December and be back advising on political matters by January,