Non-O multiple entry (Savannahket)

I had some issues getting a year long extension to my current Non-o (based on marriage) as Wise transfers did do not show up as international transfers.

Questions:

1) Will I be able to get a Non-o multiple entry in Savannahket, after just getting a non-o single entry (from Savannahket) and extending it for 60 days in Thailand?

2) How does this visa work, do you get 2 entries, 3?

3) Would I need to exit and get a stamp/visa from another country, or can I exit and renter immediately with this visa? (Crossing the border to activate the next 90 days)

20 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

I had some issues getting a year long extension to my current Non-o (based on marriage) as Wise transfers did do not show up as international transfers.

Did you go to your bank.

What can happen is WISE sends funds to a Bank such as Bangkok Bank or Kasikorn and then they send it to your bank.

You should be able to obtain "credit advice" from bank that the funds came from overseas.

Edit: just noticed OP had trouble for 12 month extension.

Funds do not need to come from abroad for extensions.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

40 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Did you go to your bank.

What can happen is WISE sends funds to a Bank such as Bangkok Bank or Kasikorn and then they send it to your bank.

You should be able to obtain "credit advice" from bank that the funds came from overseas.

Edit: just noticed OP had trouble for 12 month extension.

Funds do not need to come from abroad for extensions.

Thanks for replying! Hmm, the officers said they needed to see that the money came from abroad (monthly method). Maybe they made an error?

Do you have any advice for the questions I asked about Non-O multiple entry?

Can I jump in here, fellas? My ME Non-O is due to expire in about 3 weeks (already at 15 months). I know the drill pretty much for Savannakhet. I haven't heard much mention recently about HCMC. I got one there before Covid prob over 5 years ago now. Are they still running just like Savannakhet for Non-O? That is, no funds necessary? (I, too, have run into issues with Wise not showing as international and the credit advice didn't help).

Lastly, does this also sound copacetic....? Going back to the US just before visa runs out. Come back in and get a 30 day stamp at airport. And in that 30 day window make my way to Savannakhet or HCMC to get a new ME Non-O based on marriage?

Thanks!

17 minutes ago, bamboozled said:

Can I jump in here, fellas? My ME Non-O is due to expire in about 3 weeks (already at 15 months). I know the drill pretty much for Savannakhet. I haven't heard much mention recently about HCMC. I got one there before Covid prob over 5 years ago now. Are they still running just like Savannakhet for Non-O? That is, no funds necessary? (I, too, have run into issues with Wise not showing as international and the credit advice didn't help).

Lastly, does this also sound copacetic....? Going back to the US just before visa runs out. Come back in and get a 30 day stamp at airport. And in that 30 day window make my way to Savannakhet or HCMC to get a new ME Non-O based on marriage?

Thanks!

HCMC website

2.5. Applicant’s financial statement of adequate finance is required.

https://hochiminh.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/non-immigrant-o-accompanying-thai-spouse-and-family-members?page=5d80ab3315e39c2fe800a7ab&menu=5d80ab3315e39c2fe800a7ac

Haven't seen any reports on what they mean in detail for 2.5

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vinny41 said:

HCMC website

2.5. Applicant’s financial statement of adequate finance is required.

https://hochiminh.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/non-immigrant-o-accompanying-thai-spouse-and-family-members?page=5d80ab3315e39c2fe800a7ab&menu=5d80ab3315e39c2fe800a7ac

Haven't seen any reports on what they mean in detail for 2.5

Think I'll just do Savannakhet again. They mention financials on the HCMC page and though not sure if that means 400k or just 20k. Anyway, just thought another trip to HCMC might be fun but the main thing is to get the visa so I'll do a trip to HCMC on my own time. Thanks for the input, Vinny.

Edited by bamboozled
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bamboozled said:

Think I'll just do Savannakhet again. They mention financials on the HCMC page and though not sure if that means 400k or just 20k. Anyway, just thought another trip to HCMC might be fun but the main thing is to get the visa so I'll do that trip on my own time. Thanks for the input, Vinny.

Someone has just posted an update about HCMC 400k required

• Like 1

Can Thai Visa Center get around the financials with non-o 12 month extension?

It's quite annoying because I meet the financial requirements, but have to show that the transfers originated from abroad. 

What's really strange is you can't even open a bank account without a work permit these days, so how can anyone meet the requirements? 

Edited by Brickleberry
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Brickleberry said:

Can Thai Visa Center get around the financials with non-o 12 month extension?

It's quite annoying because I meet the financial requirements, but have to show that the transfers originated from abroad. 

What's really strange is you can't even open a bank account without a work permit these days, so how can anyone meet the requirements? 

You either satisfy the financial requirements or you do not. Showing that transfers originated from abroad (assuming they arrived in your Thai bank account) at worst, means getting a credit advice for each transfer from your bank. You cannot qualify by simply drawing cash on your foreign bank card at an ATM.

Many agents (including Thai Visa Center) can get around the financial requirements. The problem is that the application will more often than not be at a different immigration office than your local one. This can lead to later complications.

4 hours ago, Brickleberry said:

You have couple of threads.

Do you have Thai bank account in your name only? 

Can you satisfy requirements using  money in bank method.

When does your current permission of stay expire

18 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You have couple of threads.

Do you have Thai bank account in your name only? 

Can you satisfy requirements using  money in bank method.

When does your current permission of stay expire

Yes, I used to have a work permit and job here.

I transfer 100k+ each month to my Krungsri account.

Krungsri says the payments come from K-Bank (Wise uses this one to transfer to me) and appear as a local transaction.

I have far too many bills to save up and keep half a million for a few months.... lol!

I'm now on a 60 day extension to visit wife. We plan on going to Savannahket close to expiration, and get a multiple entry non-o.

I tried opening a bank account with Bangkok Bank, but they wanted to see a work permit.

It seems like they don't want people applying via the monthly method. Leaving a large amount of money in the bank is the easiest way by far, but I am not in a position to do this at the moment.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

What visa/extension did you have when you tried to open bank account? 

Non-o. Tried Kasikorn too, but they also declined. Very annoying as Wise only allows me to transfer up to 50k a time to the yellow bank, so I've been paying extra fees for months just to send money to my bank for the visa extension, instead of my wife's.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Jumping back in here for a second. One question on documents needed for Savannakeht Non-O based on marriage. Copy of the marriage certificate...signed by both of us? Just the husband? Just the wife? Reason I ask...wife is away. I have the signed house book and ID but not signed marriage cert.

Thanks!

Edited by bamboozled

16 hours ago, bamboozled said:

Hey guys,

Jumping back in here for a second. One question on documents needed for Savannakeht Non-O based on marriage. Copy of the marriage certificate...signed by both of us? Just the husband? Just the wife? Reason I ask...wife is away. I have the signed house book and ID but not signed marriage cert.

Thanks!

It may not be an issue but no guarantees. The signed ID card and house book should suffice. Definitely bring the original marriage certificate, both of them would be best to show current marriage is intact. From my experience, the consular officer there flips through everything very quickly and efficiently, i have only seen them hassle tourist visa applications that show too many issued already.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, khunjake said:

It may not be an issue but no guarantees. The signed ID card and house book should suffice. Definitely bring the original marriage certificate, both of them would be best to show current marriage is intact. From my experience, the consular officer there flips through everything very quickly and efficiently, i have only seen them hassle tourist visa applications that show too many issued already.

Thanks, Jake. That's my recollection as well.