September 14, 20233 yr Author 47 minutes ago, Jelli said: Is it made by Pfizer, Biontec or Moderna? I'd say not. I've had it twice. First was under protected and unaware (Pattaya city). Second , took precautions but it got me. That was serious. I won't take any vaccine for the rest of my life. Isn't 3rd time potentially deadly? but you say no to vaccine
September 14, 20233 yr 1 hour ago, Photoguy21 said: Dengue is made up of a combination or other Malaria viruses which, apparently until now, has been very hard to treat. Dengue is a virus and completely unrelated to malaria, which is not a viral disease but rather caused by a parasite. While both are spread by (different species) mosquitos these 2 diseases are totally unrelated.
September 14, 20233 yr On 9/13/2023 at 4:49 PM, KannikaP said: No <deleted>. good for over 60s then. That's absolutely wrong . It depends on your conditions only
September 14, 20233 yr 1 hour ago, Jelli said: Is it made by Pfizer, Biontec or Moderna? I'd say not. I've had it twice. First was under protected and unaware (Pattaya city). Second , took precautions but it got me. That was serious. I won't take any vaccine for the rest of my life. Doesn't show IQ
September 14, 20233 yr Two things are also worth adding to this conversation: 1. There is a lot of talk of malaria in this chat, but that is a rather low risk unless you are in a border zone. Here is a map provided by the British NHS to prove it: 2 . Besides dengue, there is a very real risk of two further infections by mosquitoes: Chikungunya and Zika. They are also very nasty and although they have different symptoms they are quite difficult to distinguish from dengue (before my blood test results came back with dengue, my doctor thought I had Chikungunya).
September 14, 20233 yr Popular Post 2 hours ago, Gaccha said: .... Besides dengue, there is a very real risk of two further infections by mosquitoes: Chikungunya and Zika. They are also very nasty and although they have different symptoms they are quite difficult to distinguish from dengue (before my blood test results came back with dengue, my doctor thought I had Chikungunya). Also: Japanese B encephalitis. For which there is an effective vaccine.
September 14, 20233 yr 5 hours ago, Polar Bear said: The Qdenga vaccine was developed here in Thailand at Mahidol. And produced and marketed by Takeda, Japan
September 14, 20233 yr 9 hours ago, Photoguy21 said: Dengue is made up of a combination or other Malaria viruses which, apparently until now, has been very hard to treat. Not true at all. Malaria is not even a virus.
September 14, 20233 yr On 9/13/2023 at 12:37 PM, Gaccha said: But that price ain't bad. Price at Mahidol is considerably cheaper at 1,639 baht per dose (https://www.thaitravelclinic.com/blog/vaccineinfo/dengue-vaccine-for-foreigners-travelers-in-thailand-should-i-get-it-update-2023.html)
September 14, 20233 yr 11 hours ago, Sheryl said: The one just approved by the US FDA this month is not yet available anywhere much less in Thailand. The new one is just becoming available in Europe this or next week (COMIRNATY Omikron XBB.1.5)
September 14, 20233 yr On 9/13/2023 at 1:01 PM, Gaccha said: Mahidol clinic recommends against taking the new vaccine: "For those who prefer a quick answer without any detail. Our answer is no. We DO NOT recommend the use of dengue vaccine in travelers (from non-dengue area) visiting Thailand. For those who live/work in Thailand (the expat), we also do not recommend." Their reasoning, which I have to infer because they don't precisely summarise their overall judgement call, is that it is still unclear how effective it will be in the long term and also there simply isn't enough data on possible side effects. Thank you for this very helpful information! The fact that the Qdenga vaccine has been approved by top medical authorities like the EU medical agency might give one some confidence that things are safe. But at the same time the fact that Mahidol, which was deeply involved in the development of this very vaccine, has reservations makes one wonder if it is not indeed really better to wait a little longer until more data is available.
September 14, 20233 yr Author 4 hours ago, K2938 said: Price at Mahidol is considerably cheaper at 1,639 baht per dose (https://www.thaitravelclinic.com/blog/vaccineinfo/dengue-vaccine-for-foreigners-travelers-in-thailand-should-i-get-it-update-2023.html) You have to consult the doctor there first so maybe that adds on extra cost. Although they don't recommend the vaccine, it isn't clear why not, very weak negatives it seems
September 16, 20233 yr On 9/14/2023 at 4:38 PM, Polar Bear said: The Qdenga vaccine was developed here in Thailand at Mahidol. If it's mRNA I'd stay well clear but tbh I won't take another vaccine as long as I live. Other than Oxford vax 2x I've never had a flu shot. That was forced indirectly by employer. Never again to any of it. Never did get COVID and I'd never taken any serious precautions especially a year into the hoax
September 16, 20233 yr Popular Post 1 hour ago, Jelli said: If it's mRNA I'd stay well clear Nothing t all wrong with mRNA vaccines, it;'s an excellent technology. Which contrary to what some believe does not alter one's genetics/ DNA in any way. However the Qdenga vaccine is not mRNA. It is live attenuated vaccine.
Create an account or sign in to comment