Short Circuit Sparks Fire in Pattaya Neighborhood

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya — A fire believed to have been caused by a short circuit erupted on telecom wires on Soi 4 Regional Land in Pattaya in the early hours of Friday, September 15th.

At 3:15 AM today, the Land Disaster Prevention Center of Pattaya received a report of a short circuit causing fire on overhead communication wires in Soi 4 Regional Land, opposite the entrance of Soi 3, Nongprue sub-district, Banglamung district, Chonburi province. They then dispatched a firefighting crew to the scene promptly.

There, a fire was burning a high-voltage power pole and nearby trees. The firefighters rushed to subdue the flames in time before it could spread to the resident houses. Panicked locals ran outside of their accommodations to observe the fire, and after a short time, the fire was put out by firefighters.

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2023-09-16

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1

Don't try to explain the theory of earthing to a Thai Sparky.  It's a rabbit hole you don't want to go down.

When I eventually convinced him the earth wire on the newly installed water pump was a necessity, he screwed it to a plastic housing. :coffee1:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

When I eventually convinced him the earth wire on the newly installed water pump was a necessity, he screwed it to a plastic housing.

At least the earth wire was recognised, a sparky who was doing some work for the sister-in-law said he didn't know what the extra wire was for, I said it is an earth wire for grounding the electricity...

I was met with a very blank stare

About 6 months ago the same thing happened in Pratamnak.  Then 2 months ago shorted above building security guard shack.  Yes I had Multimeter next to wires for electrician to check they had no power before replacing Induction Hob,  he ignored it and touched the wires with his fingers to check.