Minister cited by the Corruption Commission for ‘minor’ role in Boss Vorayuth corruption scandal

webfact

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, I do not need to prove what I saw at the time.  Have you got anything to prove that he has never been on the Red Notice list?

So you can’t prove anything that you stated as regards the Interpol Red Notice?

Glad that clarifies.

Back on ignore ya go.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

7 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

A dirty cop is a dirty cop.

Any role which a very Senior Police plays in wrong-doing is NOT minor. It is criminal.

Having such a person now in charge of the education system is a MAJOR crime against the nation and people.

If he had a gram of integrity (left) he would resign, in shame.

Integrity !?!?!? in Thailand ??? you are dreaming !!! no such thing exist here !

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

You can follow him on Fakebook.

He was seen at some of the F1 races in the Red Bull pits and in the hospitality area.

Support Red Bull if you have no conscience.

There has never been any evidence that he was on the Red Notice list.

Just 'suspect' policemen saying that he was on the list.

As other posters have mentioned he was on the list, briefly, but magically removed?

• Confused 1
  • Love It 2

58 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

For anyone who's interested in reality...

"As provided by Interpol:

A Red Notice is a request to law enforcement worldwide to locate and provisionally arrest a person pending extradition, surrender, or similar legal action. A Red Notice is not an international arrest warrant.

The individuals are wanted by the requesting member country, or international tribunal. Member countries apply their own laws in deciding whether to arrest a person.

The majority of Red Notices are restricted to law enforcement use only.

Extracts of Red Notices are published at the request of the member country concerned and where the public’s help may be needed to locate an individual or if the individual may pose a threat to public safety.

Number of Red Notices in Circulation
Currently, the Interpol website provides that there are 7000+ public red notices in circulation".

https://www.irsstreamlinedprocedures.com/an-interpol-red-notice-what-does-it-mean-are-you-at-risk/#:~:text=The majority of Red Notices,a threat to public safety.

Interpol Posts 'Boss Red Bull' Wanted Listing Publicly

Hmmm...now it's all gone a bit quiet.

• Sad 2
  • Love It 1

4 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

As other posters have mentioned he was on the list, briefly, but magically removed?

Removed when the first charges were dropped, i.e. he was no longer a fugitive so  not "magically" removed, then re-instated when the charges were re-instated.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Disgraceful and one suspects deliberate inertia. Will that change with new government and PM.. Certainly should. The case will become statute  barred soon won't it? He's been running around outside Thailand free as a bird since 2017. Of course if he's been hanging in countries with no extradition treaty with Thailand not much they can do. Red Notice or not. Once the case  is statute barred he'll be back. Neither he nor his family give a toss about Thai public opinion.

Slightly off topic, but what is a Police General doing as Minister of  Education ? Correctional education for kids?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Of course if he's been hanging in countries with no extradition treaty with Thailand not much they can do. Red Notice or not.

Not much any other countries want to do apparently, the UK had no interest in extraditing him when he was living there.  Some people claim that he's living in Canada but there's no interest there, either.

23 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Wouldn’t it be great if the boss came back, they booked him a luxury suite in the hospital next to the ex Prime Minister have a sentence reduced to time served while he’s away enjoying his life TIT

That would be the straw that broke the Camels back. 

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I believe you.. but others don't

Maybe he was on the list between my checks as I don't check daily. I have seen other Thais on the list but not him. Or maybe they put him there with other picture and name.... I guess we will never know.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2023 at 9:41 PM, MikeN said:

The last investigative journalism in Thailand that I can recall was the story on the airport runway cracks, and look what happened to the journalist then! https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2007/2/2/sacked-for-exposing-airport-cracks

I remember that. I was working at The Nation newspaper at that time as an editor. We had so many hot stories that reporters and editors would discuss in the newsroom that should have been pursued but never were due to the Thai reporters and editors being afraid of the blowback. And when I wrote an article about a local golf course that was scamming a potential buyer, I got reprimanded after it ran and was told in no uncertain terms not to write anything about a subject that may be controversial. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, spermwhale said:

I remember that. I was working at The Nation newspaper at that time as an editor. We had so many hot stories that reporters and editors would discuss in the newsroom that should have been pursued but never were due to the Thai reporters and editors being afraid of the blowback. And when I wrote an article about a local golf course that was scamming a potential buyer, I got reprimanded after it ran and was told in no uncertain terms not to write anything about a subject that may be controversial. 

Its a brave man or woman that would actually sign up to be a real journalist in Thailand.

Much safer just reporting on endless dashcam video's of car wreaks!

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 1

On 9/19/2023 at 1:17 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Let's stick with your zero comprehension of the law.  Thai authorities cannot extradite anyone without the agreement and cooperation of the authorities in the country that he is located, the RTP can only request extradition.  If that country does not agree to extradition, that's their prerogative, they do not have to comply.   

That the RTP knows that his apprehension is a requirement of Thai law is of no consequence if he is not located within the jurisdiction of the Thai authorities, they cannot just demand that another country bows down to their demands and arrests him.

Semantics.....i am no lawyer but i do have enough common sense to know that IF IF IF the thai authorities really wanted to find and extradite a cop killer that the vast majority of countries would agree and co operate.  You don't "demand".  You request.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pomchop said:

Semantics.....i am no lawyer but i do have enough common sense to know that IF IF IF the thai authorities really wanted to find and extradite a cop killer that the vast majority of countries would agree and co operate.  You don't "demand".  You request.

I know exactly how extradition requests are made and I did not say that they can be demanded.  His specific charge, that has to be notified to any country from which extradition is requested, is a traffic offence, if you were a lawyer you'd know that your choice of words, "cop killer" would be incorrect and disregarded...he is not wanted for murder, even if you chose to word it in a way that suggests that. 

If, as you claim, most countries would agree to cooperate, any suggestions as to why Thailand's extradition request to the UK authorities after he was photographed near his London home was not acted upon?

• Sad 1