Just a perfect day...

bob smith

On 9/20/2023 at 11:55 AM, bob smith said:

order some light breakfast and sit there till the sun goes down drinking my favorite lager.

What a pitiful existence you live.

I feel for your wife and when the time comes that she finds the strength to leave you for causing her so much misery, a real man wouldn't do such a thing.

Alcoholics fall by the wayside every single day, you are no different, that said, I have only seen one who sought help and beat the addiction, a decade later he still feels like a drink, but stands his ground knowing and admitting that he is an alcoholic, even being sober after a decade.

I have lost a brother and a father from this disease and know others who have as well, the suffering watch them endure is beyond anyone's help, as the old saying, you can lead them to water, but you can't force them to drink it.

Do I have any sympathy for you, well I wouldn't be human if I didn't.

The choice is yours, but please spare us all the post of your perfect day, perhaps next time change your heading to "Just a pathetic day" 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:

What a pitiful existence you live.

I feel for your wife and when the time comes that she finds the strength to leave you for causing her so much misery, a real man wouldn't do such a thing.

Alcoholics fall by the wayside every single day, you are no different, that said, I have only seen one who sought help and beat the addiction, a decade later he still feels like a drink, but stands his ground knowing and admitting that he is an alcoholic, even being sober after a decade.

I have lost a brother and a father from this disease and know others who have as well, the suffering watch them endure is beyond anyone's help, as the old saying, you can lead them to water, but you can't force them to drink it.

Do I have any sympathy for you, well I wouldn't be human if I didn't.

The choice is yours, but please spare us all the post of your perfect day, perhaps next time change your heading to "Just a pathetic day" 

How nice of you.

thanks a lot. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bob smith said:

How nice of you.

thanks a lot. 

Just calling a spade a spade as opposed to giving you what you seek, that is reality.

The water awaits you, "up to you" as the Thai's say, I'm sure your wife would be very happy, as another saying goes, "happy wife, happy life".

• Like 1

On 9/20/2023 at 4:10 AM, pgrahmm said:

Meanwhile, the wife is silently mourning, isolated by the loss of her life's partner = even though he's "alive"...Because of drink he's eroding daily the intimate, special times, memories....Meanwhile, she cares enough to fight with him hoping to get her husband/lover/hero/inspiration back...

He's to stupefied (and stupid) to recognize what he's (irreversibility) costing both of them while killing her dreams day after day .....

Sadly there is no al-anon in LOS.

If there was he'd either soon change his ways or fairly soon he'd find the condo empty when he returns from another 'adventure'.

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

I’m on the wagon mate. Day 4

Congrats and good on ya. Just some fond memories then I'm not on the wagon and heading out shortly to blow a bunch of baht on overpriced, but very good, Thai Craft draft pints. Cheers. ????

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Congrats and good on ya. Just some fond memories then I'm not on the wagon and heading out shortly to blow a bunch of baht on overpriced, but very good, Thai Craft draft pints. Cheers. ????

Sounds great mate and i must admit I’m slightly jealous!!

enjoy yourself bud

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bob smith said:

Go save some frogs 

Anyway , you're alcoholic or not ... who cares ? Up to you ...

But Bob is a talented writer who is able to create a certain ambiance with just a few words ...

Lots of famous writers did drink too much ,,,, anyway , live YOUR life as you feel it ... Don't care what others say .

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2023 at 4:04 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

I thought you were going to ask yourself....

Did I remember to empty my Glow In The Dark Urine Bottle...

Just because I assume you often might need one....

Before retiring every evening....

image.png.f3704dc7739c8dd7ff246293260b1710.png

Once woke up feeling like shxt,reached under the bed for my cider bottle.After the first 2 gulps realised that i was drinking from a bottle that i had pxxxed in a week before.That was when i knew it was time to stop.