Thai baht plummets against the US$

snoop1130

11 hours ago, lordgrinz said:

It's at 36.735 right now, hesitant to buy anymore, almost all of the forecast show the THB reaching into the low 40's against the USD over the next year or two mainly based on political uncertainty here.

All of which is easily manipulated and carefully coordinated. Has little to do with respective economic conditions. 

What's more pathetic are those who consider the exchange rate to be real and desperately dependent on it as if it is [real].

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

All of which is easily manipulated and carefully coordinated. Has little to do with respective economic conditions. 

What's more pathetic are those who consider the exchange rate to be real and desperately dependent on it as if it is [real].

Here is the US dollar index since mid July. You can easily see here how the Thai baht is being manipulated.

Untitled.png

• Haha 1

On 9/20/2023 at 11:35 PM, Keep Right said:

"prestigious body?" This is a joke, right? BRICS includes communist Russia and China, far left wing Brazil and basket case South Africa. The U.S. dollars is doing just fine and most of the BRICS countries are in decline.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/RTWEXBGS

Money printing in the USA, banks getting runs on cash deposits and having to sell their bonds, SVB, Silicone Valley Bank collapse ,more to follow, not a good picture developing for the USA 

• Like 1

On 9/23/2023 at 7:05 PM, puck2 said:

The Thai Baht has lost against the Euro, too, witin the last days, weeks.

A very interesting experince on a Krungthai Bank ATM in Soppong:

Krungthai Bank – criminal exchange rates – in ATM of Soppong ???

Here in Soppong. Mae Hong Son Province, there is only 1 ATM available, a Krungthai ATM. I used it over more than 17 years with my VISA-Card. Maximum available amount; 20.000 THB. No problem until some months before. Suddenly the ATM showed me, that the VISA-€-exchange rate would not be 38,2 (i.e. The official VISA-exchange rate), but 36,2 for 1 €.

Of course, I stopped the ATM because of this uncredible and idiotic exchange rate. Today my son in law went to PAI. He/I got the official €-VISA-Excage-rate of 38,058294... THB for 1 Euro on a KrungSri ATM. And because you can take off a maximum of 30k for the same fee of 220 THB (as for 20k on most of other THAI BANK ATMs).

And noW the crazy and (out of my viewpoint) criminal result:

to compare it, I have to consider the same amount in THB – to the Krungthai and Krungsri Bank

2 x 30220 THB = 60.400 THB against Krungtai Bank – 3x 20.220 THB = 60660 THB;

Result for withdrawing a cash of 60.000 THB (without fees):

a) for the Krungtahi Bank here on our ATM i had to pay for 3 x 20220 THB = 60.660THB at a rate of 36,2 for 1 € = 1.675,69 €-.

b) if I would take ( the 200 THB lower amount !!!)) of 60.400 THB from the Krungsri-ATM) I had to pay: 60440 / 38,058294... = 1.588,09 €.

That is a price-difference of 87,60 €, not jet respecting the differenc of the 200 THB, mentioned before.

And now the incredible thing. If you look at he official bankrates of the Krungthai BK --->

1 € = 37,84.... THB .

When you campare this very, very different rates, you ask your self:

are there criminals at work on ATMs or is it the bank itself ????? Your experience with this bank, please.

Wise. Done.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/20/2023 at 1:35 PM, Keep Right said:

"prestigious body?" This is a joke, right? BRICS includes communist Russia and China, far left wing Brazil and basket case South Africa. The U.S. dollars is doing just fine and most of the BRICS countries are in decline.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/RTWEXBGS

The BRICS have a super power that is India also. The US$ is doomed by the next comming years once Europe bans all fossil run vehicles in 2035.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Middle Aged Grouch said:

The BRICS have a super power that is India also. The US$ is doomed by the next comming years once Europe bans all fossil run vehicles in 2035.

The US is still about 1/4 of the world economy. Add $ friendly countries and it is way more than 50%.

BRICS is a joke. South Africa is a failed state, Russia is isolated and China is about the enter a real-estate crash that even our grandchildren will remember. 

F7SdqzDXUAEekSm.png

Edited by ExpatOilWorker
  • Thumbs Up 1