Legendary Belgian Singer Lou Deprijck Who Wrote Pattaya, Pattaya Song Dies at 77

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya — Legendary Belgian singer Lou Deprijck, renowned for composing the 1970s punk hit “Ca plane pour moi,” and the iconic Pattaya, Pattaya song has passed away at the age of 77, as confirmed by his partner.

His most famous international hit, Ca plane pour moi, a lively three-minute track, which translates to “Everything’s going well for me” from French, achieved global stardom when performed by fellow Belgian musician Plastic Bertrand in 1977.

In a heartfelt message on social media, Vanessa Vanderkimpen, Deprijck’s partner, expressed her grief, saying, “My sunshine… my darling… my man, my everything. I accompanied you to your last breath as you wanted me to.”

With its catchy opening lyrics, “Wham! Bam!”, “Ca plane pour moi” explores the antics of a whisky-drinking cat, a disgruntled girlfriend, hangovers, and beer.

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2023-09-21

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

As Joe Strummer once said, about 'Ca plane pour moi' -  "Plastic Bertrand compressed into that three minutes a bloody good record that will get any comatose person toe-tapping, you know what I mean? By purist rules, it's not allowed to even mention Plastic Bertrand. Yet, this record was probably a lot better than a lot of so-called punk records."

Have always liked the Sonic Youth cover as well 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...