Buying plane tickets

FlorC

On 9/21/2023 at 12:36 PM, FlorC said:

What about refund when there is another lockdown or restrictions for flying . 

I don't want a stick up my nose.

So are you anticipating there will soon be a slowdown / a lockdown / an economic crises / a global deadly virus / a  lack of flights / a  war, etc., etc?

• Confused 1

On 9/25/2023 at 8:26 PM, scorecard said:

So are you anticipating there will soon be a slowdown / a lockdown / an economic crises / a global deadly virus / a  lack of flights / a  war, etc., etc?

YES , definitely. And I can predict when . I will be when I'm in europe next year so that I can't get back.

Hopefully it will only be on that wacky part of the world , not on this side .

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/23/2023 at 3:11 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Yes...   BUT... there is a strong possibility at check-in that the Airline will ask to see proof of an onward flight (this could be a cheap throw away regional ticket, or a fully refundable ticket).

The above 'fact' always draws an anecdotal comment from some blinkered muppet who will state... "I've been flying visa exempt for 20 years and have never been asked for an onward ticket"....

.... it'll be an irrelevant comment...  Even if some have a different experience, Airlines do check, thats just fact, so is it worth the risk not to have an onward ticket ?....

(another alternative is to have fast access to purchase a throwaway ticket at the last minute if checked by check-in staff - Immigration are unlikely to check, but thats not to say that could never happen).

Just been looking at flights and return flights are cheaper than one way flights and also you can change the date for free as well with ........................................let me book the flight first before I say with which airline

On 9/23/2023 at 3:32 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Exactly...  can even do it on your phone if necessary.

There are so many 'onward ticket' websites now...  something like this, a ticket can be issued in 2 mins... for $16... never used it though. 

https://onwardticket.com/form

I was going to buy a one way ticket to Thailand and then buy a fake ticket and then a ticket back home , but the return fare was cheaper than a one way ticket , I got a return ticket for 590 GBP (and I can change the date for free) , and the one way ticket was 665 GBP

Cheaper to buy  return ticket than a single 

• Confused 1

On 9/28/2023 at 5:41 PM, Sigmund said:

Avoid Emirates as they have doubled their prices and quality of service has strongly deteriorated.

I beg to differ. Booked the other week for BKK-LGW-BKK Business Class and the price had actually dropped by 17k THB over last year. Even last year they were middle of the road on prices when compared to other airlines. Service is still excellent as well.