Buying plane tickets

FlorC

It's been 7 years without having to fly . Now I have to .
Things have changed since covid ?
Where do you buy tickets these days , to europe.
Does it make a difference to use a VPN so that they can't see I'm in Thailand ?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, FlorC said:

Why don't you want them to see your are in Thailand?

29 minutes ago, FlorC said:

Unlike all the <deleted> answers here id  avoid  skyscammers these  sites dont go to all airlines try going direct to www.gulfair.com Ive found them the cheapest at the moment for getting to the UK, ive just booked a Business  class flight with them for 80,000 baht return to the UK thats way cheaper than many others, Air france klm crap service but cheap and Oman Air  crap service but cheap

www.omanair.com  www.airfrance.com

2 minutes ago, Zack61 said:

Look on google flights for the dates you wish to travel and they will give a whole lot of flight options and prices. 
It’s best to book directly with the airline even though some of booking options are cheaper with some of the other websites. If there are any issues or changes you are able to deal directly with the airlines. If you use one of the other website booking platforms changes can be difficult and costly. 

And there are some scam websites , where they sell you a ticket and then ask for money and don't give refunds 

4 minutes ago, Zack61 said:

Look on google flights for the dates you wish to travel and they will give a whole lot of flight options and prices. 
It’s best to book directly with the airline even though some of booking options are cheaper with some of the other websites. If there are any issues or changes you are able to deal directly with the airlines. If you use one of the other website booking platforms changes can be difficult and costly. 

Google flights is a bit disappointing. 

So far Etihad seems the best with 40 kg in economy.

I hear 6 month before is the sweet spot , but some are already full.

9 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Unlike all the <deleted> answers here id  avoid  skyscammers these  sites dont go to all airlines try going direct to www.gulfair.com Ive found them the cheapest at the moment for getting to the UK, ive just booked a Business  class flight with them for 80,000 baht return to the UK thats way cheaper than many others, Air france klm crap service but cheap and Oman Air  crap service but cheap

www.omanair.com  www.airfrance.com

Gulfair doesn't fly to my destination and indeed KLM and airfrance are not for me.

Nothing through dubai , I take "pills" .

3 minutes ago, FlorC said:

Gulfair doesn't fly to my destination and indeed KLM and airfrance are not for me.

Nothing through dubai , I take "pills" .

whats the destination? what have you been quoted business or economy? "Europe" is too vague

Edited by Rampant Rabbit

6 minutes ago, FlorC said:

Google flights is a bit disappointing. 

So far Etihad seems the best with 40 kg in economy.

I hear 6 month before is the sweet spot , but some are already full.

dont believe they are already full, Oman show their flights  full one day and two days later half empty, its a ruse

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

whats the destination? what have you been quoted business or economy? "Europe" is too vague

You don't have to look for me. But economy ofcourse , I'm not a millionair , and business is a waste of money.

Ok , my questions have been answered > look at big booking sites > but book at the airline itself.

And nothing has changed with the 3 years of restrictions for covid.

Flying is still a big pain , nearly as bad as going to the dentist , but even more expensive.

Thanks guys.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FlorC said:

What about refund when there is another lockdown or restrictions for flying . 

I don't want a stick up my nose.

That's a good question, I hear if you use a credit card the lender can will reimburse you as they will sort it with the airline, I am waiting over a year for AirAsia to reimburse me for my flight that was cancelled.

Sent them heaps of emails after they said my refund was approved, provided them with all of my account details, have sent them emails but to no avail, so looks like a lose to me, but a BIGGER one to them as I won't use their airline until I get my money back, x's that by 4 of us that fly.

• Thumbs Up 1