13 year old girl hides truth about giving birth to baby after being raped

webfact

image.jpeg

A 13 year old Thai girl lied to her family and the police after giving birth because she was ashamed of being raped. Fearing that her family would not accept the truth, the girl lied that she found a newborn baby abandoned in a market in the Pathum Thani province, near Bangkok.

The young girl told her teacher on September 19 that she had found an abandoned baby girl in the market. The teacher then filed the discovery at Lat Lum Kaew Police Station so officers could search for the baby’s parents. The girl’s grandmother rushed to the police station the next day, September 20, to report that the abandoned baby was her granddaughter’s child.

The 13 year old had been raped, resulting in her pregnancy and childbirth. The grandmother added that she only discovered the truth on the day.

The girl later confessed to the police that she was afraid her grandmother would complain if she told the truth about being raped.

by Petch Petpailin

Photo via Facebook/ ปทุมธานี นิวส์ Pathum Thani News.

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-09-21

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 15

17 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

She's 13, was likely 12 when she was raped. How clever and experienced were you at that age?!

Enough to tell my father, mother or relatives that something was wrong. Don´t have to be especially clever to do that.

• Sad 2

14 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

Victim blaming and disgusting.

No, I am not in any way blaming the victim for what happened. Just posting what she should and could have done. When that is not done, I assume that´s the was she wanted it to be. Where did I blame the girl for being raped? Please, by all means. Point that out!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The above highlights a special kind of a$$holery reserved only for those at the very fringes of the callous and insensitive spectrum. 

Sometimes its better not to say / write anything at all...  for you, Gottfrid, that 'sometimes' becomes 'most of the time'. 

I guess that means we do not share the same opinion, Richard?

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, kidneyw said:

"However, her grandmother did not allow her to do so and told her to take the baby back to where she found her."

Think grandma is a bit of a wacko.

That sounds like a fair assumption. Probably blind as well, to not see her grand daughter getting bigger and bigger during 9 months.

• Sad 3

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You blamed a 13 year old for being ashamed for being raped and then alluded to ulterior motives.  Thats equally as nauseating as blaming the girl for being a victim. 

That you are unable to identify the similarity highlights your repulsive attitudes.

So, now you are telling that she is developed enough to feel shame for something she was forced to, but on that other hand you agree with @tomazbodner that she was not enough clever and experienced in other areas. I rest my case.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I don't think you are missing anything. I simply think you are a repulsive being for not even attempting to comprehend that a 13 year who has been raped and is extremely frightened does not think the same as a repugnant ageing Scandinavian. 

But she comprehend as much as feeling shame for something she could not do anything about. That´s quite advanced anyway.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, 4MyEgo said:

What a stupid comment, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, you must be that shallow Geoff guy from Perth, if I'm not mistaken.

Sorry, we are not all Australian, even if the citizens in that country wish to make it look like the world surrounds them.

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Artisi said:

You certainly make some very off comments at times, but this one tops the list as the most stupid to date. 

Thank you for letting me know. You know, sometimes the most popular post, sometimes the most sad, sometimes the most repulsive and sometimes the most disoriented. Let´s just say like this. If I were in the UFC, I had been winning all the belt classes.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

But not surprising from him.

Yes you are blaming her as you blame most victims especially young girls who have been raped and have babies.

I have seen d more empathy from a rock.

The next thing is that you are misunderstood, and didn't really mean it to come out that way.

What case is that? You have no case.

Yes it is.

Nobody else on this thread agrees with you.

So, that´s interesting. How did the rock show you that?

I do not need people to agree with me.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2