Money comes and goes, but Love….

bob smith

1 minute ago, nikmar said:

youre inspiring me Bob. Keep it up.

My problem is, Mrs Nik encourages me to drink as she likes to party herself. When i stop, she gets moody with me!!

I’ve had experience with that too mate in the past when I’ve tried to stop before.

ive been called a party pooper, boring etc

seems that these people don’t actually want the best for us…

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bob smith said:

If you are lucky enough to find true love then whatever you do never let it go.

i am currently experiencing severe alcohol withdrawal and my wife is by my side all day every day. She is feeding me, comforting me, making me laugh and making me cry.

ive been a terrible husband to Mrs smith due mostly to the effects of alcohol and my behavior when under the influence. No more. That all stops from now. This is day 4 of my journey and I’m feeling terrible but knowing there is a woman by my side who cares and wants me to come through this is priceless. 

I want to be a better man, and I feel that by removing alcohol from my life will help me achieve that goal. 

you can have all the money in the world, but if you don’t have somebody who truly loves and cares for you when you are at your lowest,  then you are dirt poor in all other aspects of life. 

bob 

Feeding you? Are you disabled? Over 90yo?

Whats all this about?

• Sad 2

18 hours ago, bob smith said:

If you are lucky enough to find true love then whatever you do never let it go.

i am currently experiencing severe alcohol withdrawal and my wife is by my side all day every day. She is feeding me, comforting me, making me laugh and making me cry.

ive been a terrible husband to Mrs smith due mostly to the effects of alcohol and my behavior when under the influence. No more. That all stops from now. This is day 4 of my journey and I’m feeling terrible but knowing there is a woman by my side who cares and wants me to come through this is priceless. 

I want to be a better man, and I feel that by removing alcohol from my life will help me achieve that goal. 

you can have all the money in the world, but if you don’t have somebody who truly loves and cares for you when you are at your lowest,  then you are dirt poor in all other aspects of life. 

bob 

ffs spare us these platitudes.

you are (allegedly) getting off the piss, not interviewing for a job at hallmark.

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

Yo Bob,

Get some thiamin (B1) from the chemist or vitamin section in the supermarket. It will help your liver recover and help the nervous system to a degree.

If you can find a complex B vitamin (made for men) and get that into you as directed on the bottle ... this will support your nervous system, and body tissues.

A good daily intake of water to help flush the liver.

If you've got a problem with alcohol then consider seriously some support counselling going forward. The issue of alcoholic drinking (only you can discern and identify your drinking as alcoholic, or just heavy drinking).

If you think you are an alcoholic then what is ailing you is far more than just the physical habit of picking up a drink and then continuing till stupor and all the wreckage that comes along with it.

These issues require lots of support, wise, honest, and caring feedback from those whom the drinker begins to let into their life and their inner-story who have the skillsets to support.

Being loved by someone, just like Mrs Bob is super helpful but more than often those closest to the drinker are too close to be able to detach enough. This is due to them being adversely impacted by the drinkers behaviour and needing recovery for themselves too. 

For the drinker without such 'cleaning of house' the worms in ones head plague and make being dry so uncomfortable eventually to the point of unbearable and the need to take another drink to quieten the madness between the ears and in the gut prevails.

Good luck mate.

21 hours ago, bob smith said:

Good, I'll keep this in mind, now that the Thais  are going steal 25% of my pension to distribute THB 10000  to all the no hopers in the Kingdom.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, bob smith said:

doesnt matter how many times as long as you eventually get there in the end!

You will be an alcoholic your whole life. And many have a relapse......every year. Therefore it is indeed important to know how many times he tried already before. So this time it's serious and genuine or just again the road to the bottle at the end?

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Just like any addict, or those in love ,sometimes it takes a few times to get things right. That's called being human.

'Sometimes it takes a few times".....

How many times you think? 5, 10 or 50 times to stop drinking? With this addiction you destroy not only your own life but that of your partner and kids.

And you call it being human??????

• Sad 1