Thai Workers Are A Joke

On 9/21/2023 at 4:48 PM, Gottfrid said:

So, you are accusing me to be a liar? Must feel very comfortable behind the keyboard. I am gonna tell you one time. I am not lying. hopefully you get that.

I agree. You're statement is unique and seems out of sync with most others' experience. I think you're telling fibs.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/21/2023 at 5:43 PM, RanongCat said:

Given the designed zone hardening I would suspect a short life.!  Aesthetically quite nice though .

Standard procedure and done as per manufacturer instructions. Same everywhere. Cooktop rests on benchtop which is cut out to exact size. Sometimes clamps underneath hold it in place as well. How else would you do it? Install a bracket underneath the cooktop? Never.

• Thumbs Up 1

The downward spiral in worker standards has deteriorated so much that I won't allow any worker into my condo, choosing to do the project myself or live with the problem.

I used to hire everything out in the 1990s. Poor work, but they really tried. Eventually the job got done after a few figure eight circles.  But they happily corrected problems.

Then a trend started where the jobs were all botched, workers damaged other parts of my condo by throwing tools and ladders on walls and furniture.  Plus they displayed anger like it was my fault they were incompetant and demanded full payment for botched job.

7 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You are certainly one of the most insulted posters on here. there might be a reason for that, from so many contributors. You clearly haven't considered why that might be.

And thanks for the summary of your career. Nice one. I arguably trump you although by taking a very different path, but life is not a competition so I'll leave it at that.

Doubt that as you have little respect for your previous Thai coworkers and for a former "journalist" don't show much impartial comments.  

My experience with Thai IT-engineers.

Yesterday night, before going to sleep, I ran a file on "OpenShot Video Editor".
The file would take about 3 hours to complete, and thus I let my Notebook run in the night.

This morning, when I woke up, I wanted to see if the program was finished, but instead I found my Notebook "DEAD".
All the light were OFF and the screen would not light up.
After several tries, I gave up.
I packed my Notebook and brought it to the local PC/Phone repair shop.
The IT-Engineer opened my Notebook, measured several items on the motherboard and after 1/2 hour he said: "I am afraid that your Notebook is dead. Repair at the dealer will cost you more than buying a new one. I advise you to look for a new Notebook."
I had not much choice with a "DEAD" Notebook.
I went to another shop, but got the same answer.
Back home, I screw the bottom lid open and looked at what the problem might be and found that the Battery was at 1/4 level but if I attached a load on it it went to ZERO Volt.
So, I tested the charger and noticed that the charger didn't load when connected to the Notebook.
Took another charger, leave it charge about 1 hour and switched the Notebook ON.
Everything worked again.
COST: an old charger I had in my drawer.

Thanks to 2 IT-ENGINEERS!!!!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Doubt that as you have little respect for your previous Thai coworkers and for a former "journalist" don't show much impartial comments.  

My experience of workers who have done jobs for me is that some have not been up to standard. I'm not the only one, hence the reason for this thread. Respect has to be earned, it is not automatic. Some others have no complaints about the work that has been done for them. So be it. I have no idea why you find it offensive when I write that some Thai workers do a poor job. I'm sure that happens elsewhere too, but this is a site related to Thailand.

And comments about MY experiences has nothing to do with being impartial. I deal in FACTS, not opinion, and the FACT is that the workers I have used have often, not always, done a very poor job. As an example, I have had to re-wire some of my house after the electrician messed up - in one instance I had wiring pre-installed in a new extension for an air-conditioner, and when the installers came they discovered the wiring led nowhere.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AustinRacing said:

It fits well with their general attitude in life. It’s about now. If it looks ok at a glance then that’s all that matters. Paying attention to detail, foresight, planning do not fit well. 

Or rushing…

Avoid anyone that is in a hurry during the 1st meeting. Fortunately, it’s easy to see and hard to hide.

On 9/21/2023 at 3:41 AM, pseudorabies said:

OK.... I'll feed the troll

Cooke & Lewis CLIND60 Induction Hob Black 68mm x 590mm - Screwfix

Note that the glass is above and in contact with the countertop.

I must have the two-burner version

Similar install direct into some quartzstone or something, a kind of fake engineered black granite. Very strong and easy to clean 

8 hours ago, Umlungu said:

I agree. You're statement is unique and seems out of sync with most others' experience. I think you're telling fibs.

Yeah, but it actually happens to be like this. I am happy that I moved to Thailand. I like the style and standard as well as the daily routines and life here. That´s why I moved, and my life is wonderful together with Thai people. That, kinda make me unique on this forum as well, right? You know, a guy that does not complain and see fault in everything. Something that so many members here do on a daily basis. Must suck to live such a life, that one must see fault and problems with everything, just because they not do things like they do in the west.

44 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Yeah, but it actually happens to be like this. I am happy that I moved to Thailand. I like the style and standard as well as the daily routines and life here. That´s why I moved, and my life is wonderful together with Thai people. That, kinda make me unique on this forum as well, right? You know, a guy that does not complain and see fault in everything. Something that so many members here do on a daily basis. Must suck to live such a life, that one must see fault and problems with everything, just because they not do things like they do in the west.

Some are content with lower standards than they find in the west. Up to them. It doesn't mean that the standards in Thailand are the same as 'back home'. Few would claim that they are. You appear to be one of them. Again, if you're happy with that then I'm pleased for you. You do, though, appear to be in the minority.

3 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Some are content with lower standards than they find in the west. Up to them. It doesn't mean that the standards in Thailand are the same as 'back home'. Few would claim that they are. You appear to be one of them. Again, if you're happy with that then I'm pleased for you. You do, though, appear to be in the minority.

Right, there’s a correct & incorrect way of doing things in construction. It’s not all subjective.

A common argument in Thailand is that just anything can be offered and it’s “up to you” to accept it or not.

Not true at all since there is deception involved. Things are being sugar coated to hide faults, or the faults are not disclosed.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2023 at 4:39 PM, Brewster67 said:

Here in Thailand I don't think any such thing exists, I don't think there is any certification or regulation covering trades skills. Colleges and universities are everywhere here, but none for trades it seems.

Sad, you are incorrect.  There are many schools teaching trades.  

Just another stupid faring complaining without any knowledge.

• Like 1

How many of these issues can be avoided by actually paying for good quality tradesman who knows what they are doing? Not cheap labour that was somehow "recommended" 

You get what you paid for isnt it? 

Also if you stay in a small rural town, don't expect to find many qualified tradesman 

Edited by leclec