You sold everything!

georgegeorgia

We sold everything in the US and moved to Thailand for my retirement.  We have no regrets.  We still have accounts in the US so it would not be difficult to go somewhere else.  Definitely not back to the US.  In order for that to happen they would need to drag me out of here.  I love it here and since my wife is Thai she can stay and manage the rental properties we have here.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, statman78 said:

We sold everything in the US and moved to Thailand for my retirement.  We have no regrets.  We still have accounts in the US so it would not be difficult to go somewhere else.  Definitely not back to the US.  In order for that to happen they would need to drag me out of here.  I love it here and since my wife is Thai she can stay and manage the rental properties we have here.

To the thread title ..

Pretty much the same, though sold everything before TH was a thought.  Knew I was leaving the state I lived in (TN), and the state (PA) my properties were in.  And probably the USA all together.

TH being last place I visited, during retirement place recons, and decided, why not.  Doubt if I'd return to USA, to live anyway.  Maybe a year or 2 nomadic visit of all the National Parks, but that's all.

Same, Thai wife, makes RE investments (not rentals) very easy,   Still have brokerage account in USA, with address (brother's), though everything else is TH (SS/DD).

Keeping the properties in USA would have only made sense if I needed the income they produced (rentals), all were free & clear.  RE Taxes being a killer, and investing in TH has been better.

Friends & family live in an area I'd wouldn't return to, so no need for any connection in the USA.

Definitely no regrets, as It's been quite fun living in TH.  Same same as USA, but different ????  No real desire or thoughts of leaving.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, IndomitableSpirit said:

Men of ASEAN you made me laugh and feel sad with your comments. I'm a woman who's a silent fan of all your bantering as I also learn a lot from your experiences and perspectives. Most of you are brave enough to risk it all, but some are also stupid for risking it all iykyk! 

Maybe I should just open a retirement home in BKK for foreigners who have nowhere else to go to or don't want to go back to their native home. ????????????‍♀️

Reads like you would fit in well, in one of those establishments.........????

• Confused 1

On 9/23/2023 at 9:53 AM, Celsius said:

Yea.....until you get your first hospital bill.

I had an emergency visit to a hospital in Thailand back in July this year.   They billed my U.S. medical insurance almost $900.00.    I only paid $140.00 ..