Gordon Ramsay’s group set to open 14 restaurants in Thailand

webfact

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Are you of the misunderstanding that every Gordon Ramsay restaurant is supposed to be a Michelin star experience ??...  He's a chef with 17 Michelin stars for various restaurants, but not all of his restaurants 'target that' such as bread-street-kitchen and 'street-burger'...

In London Ramsay has 15 restaurants, just two of which have Michelin stars becasue the others aren' targeting that. 

Contrary to the misunderstanding of many, they are not fine dining restaurants, the are simple good quality fare...  that people keep coming back for. 

Weren't you earlier suggesting Thai's couldn't afford a weeks wages on a meal ?.. make your mind up !!!

You're comparing a donut chain to a restaurant ???... erm.... 

Like any new restaurant, there will be an opening 'buzz', more so becasue of the celebrity status of Ramsay, that status comes with the 'promise' of quality, much like hotel chains...  there's a consistency to be met and people know they will get good quality food for a reasonable (subjective) price. 

That wasn't just in Thailand..   many of his restaurants closed - covid was to blame. 

Are you suggesting because one failed, everyone else will ???...   blinkered again !!!

Now.. back to you meat-pies or rice and whatever... 

Time will tell, can Gordon beat Jamie's 5 years of bankruptcy avoidance, I doubt it, but we'll know soon enough.

Meat pies and tomato sauce my friend.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Time will tell, can Gordon beat Jamie's 5 years of bankruptcy avoidance, I doubt it, but we'll know soon enough.

Meat pies and tomato sauce my friend.

Is that your Aussie à la carte...........?   

:cowboy:..................????

• Love It 1

33 minutes ago, transam said:

Are you still here.................????

Gordon Ramsay is worth $820,000,000 US.......????

Start your own thread on the UK, Aussie, this one is about grub you cannot afford.............????

Now, stand down, Dave.....................:cowboy:...........................????

Give it 12 - 18 months and he'll be worth US$819,000,000 after accounting for the losses on his failed 14 restaurants in Bangkok adventure.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Actually the food available in Gordons restaurants include

Grilled Australian lamb

Filet Mignon 

Jidori Chicken Scaloppini 

Quinoa Salad 

Sole Meuniere

And his specialty is the Beef Wellington 

Overhead shot of Beef Wellington with Red Wine Sauce sliced on a cutting board with parsley scattered around.

Which is probably a meat pie and tomato sauce  to you 

That sh!te looks raw to me.

I'd rather head down to the 7-11

1558766903_Screenshot2023-09-24at5_25_08pm.png.c9e0f692cb3feeefcc305b95e5732bec.png

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, MrMojoRisin said:

Yep, no pretensions or classism over here mate.

No poncy Michelin stars on this continent.

Oh dear, once again you show your ignorance of life around you in your own country regarding folk who have a few quid to go out and eat, Dave..............:cowboy:

Michelin Star chef's

https://www.scmp.com/magazines/style/leisure/article/3076717/5-australian-michelin-star-chefs-who-have-been-making-their

Michelin Star restaurants......

https://www.designmynight.com/australia/blog/michelin-star-restaurants-australia

????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, transam said:

Oh dear, once again you show your ignorance of life around you in your own country regarding folk who have a few quid to go out and eat, Dave..............:cowboy:

Michelin Star chef's

https://www.scmp.com/magazines/style/leisure/article/3076717/5-australian-michelin-star-chefs-who-have-been-making-their

Michelin Star restaurants......

https://www.designmynight.com/australia/blog/michelin-star-restaurants-australia

????

One of us is most definitely ignorant.

From your link:

Although there currently isn't a Michelin Guide down under,...

There are no Michelin restaurants in Australia.

????

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

One of us is most definitely ignorant.

From your link:

Although there currently isn't a Michelin Guide down under,...

There are no Michelin restaurants in Australia.

????

If the Aussie clientele is basically like yourself, I am not surprised.. ...:huh:

https://www.funempire.com/au/blog/michelin-star-restaurants-australia/

Do they provide a table and chair for you at 7-11......?.............:cowboy:

Edited by transam
  • Sad 2
  • Love It 2

On 9/23/2023 at 7:05 PM, Brickleberry said:

Do you not keep up to date with the news? Stereotypes exist for a reason....

The British public have terrible teeth because it is impossible for them to find an NHS dentist. People are literally driving for hundreds of miles to try and find one, others are having to pull out their own teeth - as can be read about in this BBC story in July of this year.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-66167563

British food is notoriously bad. Just look at all of the top dishes that are recommended; sausage & mash, shepherds pie, roast dinner. All of these dishes are the same; meat, potato + veg.  The most popular takeaway food is all foreign. Italian, Indian, Korean, Thai, etc.

Judge a nation by their cuisine

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Australia has zero Michelin star restaurants.

A journalist writing an article about restaurants they feel are Michelin worthy does not alter that fact.

Someone is certainly lacking comprehension ability.

Michelin Star does not have a "presence" in Australia, but they do have Michelin Star quality restaurants, which I doubt you know about.......:stoner:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, transam said:

Michelin Star does not have a "presence" in Australia, but they do have Michelin Star quality restaurants, which I doubt you know about.......:stoner:

He'd probably call them 'slop'....    

I can understand why Michelin doesn't public a guide for Australia, it doesn't want to mix with a bunch of bogans and drag down standards !!!

Aus has the 'Chef Hat' award (scale 0-20)...      It starts off at A$$ Hat...  we can guess who's winning that award !!!! 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

If the Aussie clientele is basically like yourself, I am not surprised.. ...:huh:

https://www.funempire.com/au/blog/michelin-star-restaurants-australia/

Do they provide a table and chair for you at 7-11......?.............:cowboy:

Even in Australia they have for sure very good restaurants. Just no Michelin Star worthy ones. Which is not necessary but it helps. I like as well the receipe collection from Rick Stein (UK) . Have several books from him and his receipe of the Vietnamese Orange Duck is a standard in our home kitchen.

It depends very much who rates the dishes and the setiing. I have never eaten bad in a Michelin Star restaurant, however there are publications like the "TasteAtlas" which will open completely new views on the food of the world with entries in the highest places you have never heard of and placements as well of Thai dishes with ratings which are astounding. Unfortunately they do not name the restaurants in which those dishes were tested. Pun intended.

Edited by moogradod
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, transam said:

Who decides if a restaurant is Michelin quality - only Michelin does, all other claims are mere opinion.

As far as I am concerned, every single restaurant in Australia is Michelin quality with just one exception.

(Guess how many restaurants Gordon Ramsay has in Australia?)

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Australia has zero Michelin star restaurants.

A journalist writing an article about restaurants they feel are Michelin worthy does not alter that fact.

Someone is certainly lacking comprehension ability.

The reason why Australia doesn't have any Michelin star restaurants is because Michelin doesn't operate in Australia and they don't do a guide book for there .

The food may be Michelin quality, but its just they don't have a guide book for that location 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, transam said:

You are completely right. I fact  I did not say anything else ???? And of course I do not know any - never been there. But I did not know that they dont have a presence there.

10 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Who decides if a restaurant is Michelin quality - only Michelin does, all other claims are mere opinion.

Of course ! But the testers are trained gourmets, not Billy around the corner. And anyway, taste is largely subjective. You know the favourite drink of a former world champion in cocktail mixing which I happen to know quite well ? Its Gin Tonic.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, moogradod said:

Even in Australia they have for sure very good restaurants. Just no Michelin Star worthy ones. Which is not necessary but it helps. I like as well the receipe collection from Rick Stein (UK) . Have several books from him and his receipe of the Vietnamese Orange Duck is a standard in our home kitchen.

It depends very much who rates the dishes and the setiing. I have never eaten bad in a Michelin Star restaurant, however there are publications like the "TasteAtlas" which will open completely new views on the food of the world with entries in the highest places you have never heard of and placements as well of Thai dishes with ratings which are astounding. Unfortunately they do not name the restaurants in which those dishes were tested. Pun intended.

I really like Rick Stein and the TV program where he visited Bangkok and how he loved Thai food.   He also visited a pal of his who had a fantastic restaurant in Sydney

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, moogradod said:

Even in Australia they have for sure very good restaurants. Just no Michelin Star worthy ones. Which is not necessary but it helps.

I'm not so sure there are no 'Michelin star worthy restaurants' in Australia, in fact there are probably quite a few... Its just that Michelin has never had a presence in Australia, thats all - Australia has an alternative rating system which is perhaps more detailed and has less 'pomp and circumstance'

I like as well the receipe collection from Rick Stein (UK) . Have several books from him and his receipe of the Vietnamese Orange Duck is a standard in our home kitchen.

I'll have to get the missus to have a go at that one...   I don't think I can wait around for GR to open up !!!... 

Good food is simply good food - it doesn't need an award etc, *most of us can tell quality and enjoy it... No one expects a Michelin star restaurant to serve a burger, but a burger should still be bl00dy good to want to return to that restaurant. 

The world is evolving and we are *all getting more choice and there are more and more decent honest quality food outlets, *most of us are getter better at identifying quality.

Yes *most, because many in this thread judge on bias and emotion rather than a genuine unadulterated opinion based on first hand experiences.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I'm not so sure there are no 'Michelin star worthy restaurants' in Australia, in fact there are probably quite a few... Its just that Michelin has never had a presence in Australia, thats all - Australia has an alternative rating system which is perhaps more detailed and has less 'pomp and circumstance'

I'll have to get the missus to have a go at that one...   I don't think I can wait around for GR to open up !!!... 

Good food is simply good food - it doesn't need an award etc, *most of us can tell quality and enjoy it... No one expects a Michelin star restaurant to serve a burger, but a burger should still be bl00dy good to want to return to that restaurant. 

The world is evolving and we are *all getting more choice and there are more and more decent honest quality food outlets, *most of us are getter better at identifying quality.

Yes *most, because many in this thread judge on bias and emotion rather than a genuine unadulterated opinion based on first hand experiences.

Fat is flavour. Salt is flavour. Anyone can buy a decent cut of beef cook it rare with salt, butter and cream. Save yourself $50.

What the top chefs do well is desserts and soups. 

• Confused 1