Multiple entry tourist eVisa for Vietnam

On 9/23/2023 at 6:09 PM, MichaelHunt said:

According to this website, which appears to be the official site for applying for the Vietnam e-visa, it says that it takes three days to process it.

https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/khai-thi-thuc-dien-tu/cap-thi-thuc-dien-tu

I've not applied for a while, but I think that's the old site.  I've got a note that the new one is:

https://dichvucong.bocongan.gov.vn/bocongan/bothutuc/tthc?matt=26277

They're both .gov.vn sites and maybe one leads to the other or maybe they both work, I honestly don't know.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Not in a hurry. 

Flight is Oct 25.

Can you bounce in & out on the 90 day all year, or do they limit you? I could bounce into Cambodia or Thailand every 90 days. I guess like everything else it’s hard to know and it keeps changing.

Edited by JimTripper

12 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Can you bounce in & out on the 90 day all year, or do they limit you? I could bounce into Cambodia or Thailand every 90 days. I guess like everything else it’s hard to know and it keeps changing.

Prior to covid I used to go to Saigon every month. 

I did that for 7 years (reason irrelevant) 

I used to obtain 4 x multi entry each year zero issues.

With those visas I would milk out 4 visits per visa.

However I was only staying for 4-5 days each visit.

As I understand it there were changes (perhaps 2019?) were they stopped back to back visas for certain applications.

Some folk were living in Vietnam ongoing.

Can't recall the exact details as my stays were few only few days each month.

1 minute ago, treetops said:

I'm not sure where I got the other site from, but I definitely have it filed under "new" application route.  Let us know how you get on with the original one.

For sure I will post back in couple of weeks.

Sounds ridiculous but I'm not sure how a multi entry 90 day eVisa will work for Vietnam.

I do not want to apply too early in case it works same way as eg non O-A to Thailand.

All my visas to Vietnam were using visa companies providing "visa approval letter" 

At that time eVisa was not available.

Anyway will give full report in future.

Or perhaps someone with recent  first hand experience can reply.

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Sounds ridiculous but I'm not sure how a multi entry 90 day eVisa will work for Vietnam.

I do not want to apply too early in case it works same way as eg non O-A to Thailand.

I tried to get the mate who has just got one to explain that to me but I still ended up confused.  I'll be meeting up with him in the next week or two so will maybe get some clarification then.