Decent sausages

essex boys

Make your own, too easy.  Don't want to deal with casings, make sausage patties, or shape as links, if wanting.  Make a sauce out of the pan drippings, nothing lost or wasted ????

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, FolkGuitar said:

With care, one can find some delicious sausages here, but you do have to pick and choose between brands for the best of a specific type. But...

... to date, I have NOT found a single producer making Cumberland or Italian sausage with a large grind. Almost all are ground too smooth, like cheap fish hotdogs.  If I want the grind to be correct, I have to make them myself. Easy enough to do, but it's a shame none are sold that way.

Never had them personally so I can't recommend them, see here:

Untitled.jpg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

If you don't like the other ingredients just eat the sausages.

If you don't like sausages then get of here. 

Why do all of you eat this cr*p? I'm no health nut surely but eating this can't be doing your health any favors. I'm just astonished at how large farang are here. Yeah, I got the beer but add this food on top and you're a walking triple bypass.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to a battered, deep fried fish filet with big side of chips. ????

We need a best English breakfast in _______& thread!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

The price list says valid from 2017. Have they changed?

Then I downloaded it and it says

'RETAIL product and price list from 01 Jan 2020 (03 Jan 2020)'    WTF does that mean in 2023?

"WTF"? Call them and check (closed on Sundays).   

There may have been a B10 or so change for some products but I'd guess that it means what it says.  I'm putting in another order tomorrow so if you give me your shopping list I'll check everything for you if you can't manage it.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

56 minutes ago, Olmate said:
59 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I get mine from Bunters.  http://www.buntersfoodsbkk.com/order.html

English thick pork sausages 

English thin breakfast sausages

Smoked English thick pork sausage

English Hot and Spicy Sausage 

Cumberland thick sausages

Cumberland thin sausages  

Lincolnshire Pork Sausage

Beef thick sausages 

Expand  

Not Bunters but Bunnings!! 

No, it's Bunters...what the duck is "Bunnings"?

• Haha 1

Just now, hotandsticky said:

Yep, as I thought........................................Trolling!

You have to be a bit of a retard to go on a sausage thread and slag off sausages. What did you do, get up this morning and think "Oh I think I will go on ASEAN NOW and troll a few threads"..... Get a life.

Go flame elsewhere.

I wasn't on about sausages but rather someone posted a photo of what he believes to be apparently yummy and looking delicious. I disagreed.

I also am indirectly encouraging those that eat this food regularly to think about their health.

When I think of good food I don't think of British despite a few restys having Michelin stars. I mean why would you mash peas? That's just disgusting.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

7 minutes ago, PassportBro said:

I wasn't on about sausages but rather someone posted a photo of what he believes to be apparently yummy and looking delicious. I disagreed.

I also am indirectly encouraging those that eat this food regularly to think about their health.

When I think of good food I don't think of British despite a few restys having Michelin stars. I mean why would you mash peas? That's just disgusting.

I suspect that you have been around here previously.

(Restos, not restys).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, essex boys said:

Hi all, I’m on a search to find some decent sausages, I’ve tried a lot of western food shops, a lot of them seem to buy from the same supplier and the skins used are thick, it’s like trying to chew through plastic! Anyone got a recommendation fir decent sausages without the plastic like skins, at the moment I’ve resorted to using frozen Richmond sausages, not great tasting but the skins are thin and you haven’t got to chew through them…any help much appreciated 

I always liked Richmond sausages, where can I get them?

3 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Silly answer, of course I have, but to wait six weeks is not on.

It is HAVEN'T, by the way, short for HAVE NOT.

Come on, knock the Grammar/spelling Police of which I am one.

You don't understand, do you?

Every six weeks there is a delivery date to that town. A meet up.

You order in advance and then meet. For the first delivery you wouldn't know the exact date. You'd need to contact Nookie first. You could be lucky and be making an order the week before he's due.

For subsequent deliveries you have the goodies you'd ordered your first time to keep you going. 

You keep a record of the next delivery date and order, up to you exactly, but I would say a couple of weeks before the delivery date.

If you are in so much of a hurry you could go to his place and pick up your order.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, you did, don't know who "Jack" is, though.   See the question mark after your comment to  me.  

Thats not a question mark where I come from Lou, and 'jack' is  somehow related to Duck! 

3 hours ago, Olmate said:

Not Bunters but Bunnings!! 

Screenshot_20230924-100040.jpg

Edited by Olmate