Decent sausages

essex boys

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

where can they be bought ? 

Where are you?

Manstons produce and sell mainly in the Pattaya area. 

All local expat food shops locally stock them. That means you can also buy them online from places like Siamsburies. Not sure if you can buy direct, you would need to contact  Matt or Joe.

https://www.facebook.com/ManstonFoodsThailand/?locale=en_GB

4 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Where are you?

Manstons produce and sell mainly in the Pattaya area. 

All local expat food shops locally stock them. That means you can also buy them online from places like Siamsburies. Not sure if you can buy direct, you would need to contact  Matt or Joe.

https://www.facebook.com/ManstonFoodsThailand/?locale=en_GB

in Bangkok ,    I'll check it out and try them ....  thanks

If you are living in the Chiang Mai area, RIMPING Supermarkets in and around the city stock selections of frozen packs of sausages produced locally by ex-pat entre-preneurs, also imported from similar businesses in Pattaya. Not only sausages, but pies, pasties, scotch eggs, black pudding and sausage rolls etc.

• Thanks 1

On 9/23/2023 at 10:44 PM, essex boys said:

Hi all, I’m on a search to find some decent sausages, I’ve tried a lot of western food shops, a lot of them seem to buy from the same supplier and the skins used are thick, it’s like trying to chew through plastic! Anyone got a recommendation fir decent sausages without the plastic like skins, at the moment I’ve resorted to using frozen Richmond sausages, not great tasting but the skins are thin and you haven’t got to chew through them…any help much appreciated 

This is an older post, but may be worth checking out:

https://www.chiangraities.com/index.php?topic=14861.msg74812#msg74812

• 2 weeks later...

I used to make these kind of French style dry-cured pork sausages, pork loin and so much more. Then I taught my wife how to make them. She made a small business of it while we were still living in Phuket. Since almost 2 years we are now living in Isaan and she stopped doing it. Maybe I should start making them again for myself, I'm really missing these.  

49688660_998593256999147_8006191903034834944_n.jpg

IMG_6554.JPG

IMG_6555.JPG

IMG_6556.JPG

Nature D'Lite : โรงงานผลิต ขายปลีก ขายส่ง ไส้กรอกเยอรมัน มัสตาร์ดและแยม

I just recently bought some bratwurst sausages from this company (sorry don't know the Thai language translation) and you should be able to track them down.

They ship all over Thailand in temperature controlled conditions, and delivery can be expected in one to 3 days.

What I like about them was that they are made by a German guy and use only prime pork with no nitrites/nitrates or any other preservatives, and you can taste that in the pork itself. I also bought some pickled red cabbage from him to go with it.

20 hours ago, xylophone said:

Nature D'Lite : โรงงานผลิต ขายปลีก ขายส่ง ไส้กรอกเยอรมัน มัสตาร์ดและแยม

I just recently bought some bratwurst sausages from this company (sorry don't know the Thai language translation) and you should be able to track them down.

And only accessible via Facebook.  Again a company which looses my business (a company without proper website is not acceptable to me).

But maybe there are Bratwürste from this company sold at Villa, too. But Villa (and TOPS) have Bratwurst-prices in the criminal range.

On 10/9/2023 at 9:19 AM, memkuk said:

I used to make these kind of French style dry-cured pork sausages, pork loin and so much more. Then I taught my wife how to make them. She made a small business of it while we were still living in Phuket. Since almost 2 years we are now living in Isaan and she stopped doing it. Maybe I should start making them again for myself, I'm really missing these.  

49688660_998593256999147_8006191903034834944_n.jpg

IMG_6554.JPG

IMG_6555.JPG

IMG_6556.JPG

That looks so good man

Great job.