Thai Legal Experts Assert Revealing Thaksin’s Health Status Violates Privacy Laws

webfact

2 hours ago, LoudHailer said:

“Context” is important. Thaksin is a convicted criminal and is meant to be in prison. It is “in the public interest” to know exactly why and on whose authority he is spending this extraordinary amount of time in hospital. 

I see so Thaksin in your opinion is not entitled to basic human rights like privacy?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

Perhaps it also violates the "peoples right to know" laws? Oh, I forgot. The people have no rights. No right to have their votes counted, no right to know what kind of corruption is unfolding, no right to the truth. After all, truth is not truth, right?

Right, truth is what the "truthful" tell you is the truth. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, geisha said:

Quite right. Medical information is confidential . The student group can’t be that clever if they don’t know that.. Who is this SNT , all of a sudden « demanding «  medical information ?? Never heard of them, and they certainly weren’t there for Pita were they ?? 

I said that when this guy first asked, It's a privacy issue. 

Thaksin will get well soon, as soon as the dust settles, as soon as Yingluck gets sick and returns to Thailand, and as soon as he is released shortly to become chief advisor to the PM, PM, Incognito. 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, retarius said:

You have zero sense. It doesn't matter what laws he has violated in your opinion, if he has laws protecting his human rights. They need to be observed and one of them is the right to privacy of anyone's medical condition whether they are in prison or out of prison. 

Don't get too serious about it all, it's only a game with the odds stacked in his favour. 

12 hours ago, tandor said:

an Ingrown Toenail is a very painful and private matter not to be shared with the general riff-raff.

An Ingrown Toenail IS very painful. I have had an ingrowing big toe nail since 1993 and despite seeing doctors in the UK and Thailand, and having the whole nail completely removed it still grows back.

Now my other big toe nail has joined a union and come out in sympathy.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

How many laws has he violatedIncluding avoiding the law for 15 years, fugitive on the run, tax cheat, thief, con-man liar. Oh yeah, but he's RICH so none of that matters. 

This is all a prearranged BS laughable charade in Land of Shams & Scams. 

And how many laws have all the generals who committed treason by leading military coups violated since 1932?

And how many of THEM have even been charged, let alone been punished? None them have even said sorry, let alone given an insincere wai, paid 500 baht or even got a slap on the wrist.

When you come back with a list of who was punished and how, please don't cry crocodile tears over Thaksin.

• Confused 2

13 hours ago, paulbrow said:

He certainly could release the information himself or approve the hospital to do it and hold them harmless.

Indeed, he could perfectly well allow the doctors to provide whatever information he gave them permission to release....

That's assuming, of course, that he doesn't actually have details that he wants to keep hidden.

Gotta remember, Thaksin comes from the RTP police hierarchy in Thailand (which happens to run Police General Hospital), and that police hierarchy has long been at odds with and in competition with the military hierarchy, including the coup-makers) here for power and influence in the country.

It's long-time allegiances and rivalries that come into play here.

18 hours ago, mattyc1957 said:

Time to let it go, in my opinion. We all know what is happening, but nothing is going to change. 

The wisest post on this subject today Matty but who will the AN posters who have become medical and legal experts in all matters concerning Mr T turn on?

• Confused 1