Poll showing Trump up 10 points over Biden for 2024 election criticized

Social Media

1 hour ago, Purdey said:

My point was that the voters are disenfranchised in that they can elect Hilary with a majority of votes but their votes count for nothing.

You may have read about the rampant gerrymandering taking place which is often meant to ensure colored, poor people and even Democrats cannot win a majority in the state. With one man one vote, redistricting would have no effect on the result. 

The majority vote part is still rigged against the majority of people. 

Yes, that's right. Their votes don't count towards the Presidency directly. And everyone, including the candidates, knows that going in.   It creates a situation where a candidate needs to gain support in the entire country, not just concentrate on population centres. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

Then it will be an unfair election that do not properly represent the voices of the citizens like in USA. To Canada credit, Trudeau promised to reform the election system. Any chance the GOP will go along with constitutional reform of the electoral college system? 

Haven't seen too much reform from the Boy King.   He won two elections while coming in 2nd in the popular vote, so not much incentive to change anything. 

26 minutes ago, impulse said:

Fox News.  Look it up.

I'm not going to give the link because I relish the thought of you having to wallow around in the Fox mud.

If you are refering to the Trish Regan's segment of the cut away portion of Hillary's interview, really not hard to find the link. I would like to see the whole interview rather than the truncated portion that was used by the Fox host to bring across her talking point.  

8 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Haven't seen too much reform from the Boy King.   He won two elections while coming in 2nd in the popular vote, so not much incentive to change anything. 

Missing my point deliberately. Has the GOP even consider changing the electoral college to reflect on popular vote. Obviously conscious of the fate that they can't win a popular vote. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Living overseas has always been a legitimate reason to get a mail-in ballot.  Being dead, living at the address of a vacant field, and being in a nursing home unable to even open your eyes or respond to a voice, hasn't.   Until recently.

I have heard the accusations. I have seen investigations without factual findings.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, impulse said:

Living overseas has always been a legitimate reason to get a mail-in ballot.  Being dead, living at the address of a vacant field, and being in a nursing home unable to even open your eyes or respond to a voice, hasn't.   Until recently.

The usual baseless MAGA conspiracy theories.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, impulse said:

Got any examples?

The only ones I know of are the retirees in Florida voting twice for Trump.  https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/florida-three-arrested-vote-twice-the-villages-1271574/

• Like 1

On 9/25/2023 at 2:56 PM, HappyExpat57 said:

Yeah, and the polls had Hilldog beating 45 before he became 45 by about 90%. So much for polls.

Yessir because so many people just voted not so much for Trump but to deny Hillary CLINTON an opportunity, now

we seem stuck between a rock and a hard place as they are both EVIL and we need new blood.  Among the hundreds of thousands of citizen eligible one would think that the parties could find an honest person to name as candidate!

20 minutes ago, Presnock said:

Yessir because so many people just voted not so much for Trump but to deny Hillary CLINTON an opportunity, now

we seem stuck between a rock and a hard place as they are both EVIL and we need new blood.  Among the hundreds of thousands of citizen eligible one would think that the parties could find an honest person to name as candidate!

At risk of going off topic, Hillary probably ran the worst campaign in the past half century. Realistically, she should have beaten Trump like a drum.  

New blood would be great.  The Democrats are stuck with Kamala if Joe decides to quit, and that is a guaranteed loss. Yet if they try to ditch her, it will cause chaos in their base constituencies. So I fear we will be left with a rerun of 2020.

• Like 1

I don't take any such polls seriously at this very early stage.

We don't even know who is going to be nominated.

Trump is under indictment on 91 felony charges.

While most of those won't be resolved before the election, some will, and his odds of acquittal on all charges is very very remote.

How will non maga facist republicans and independents react to a candidate headed to prison that can't even vote.

Also, Trump clearly is very unhealthy and has brain processing problems. His brain farts get more scharty on a daily basis.

Biden on the other hand, unfairly labelled as having dementia without any medical evidence, when such a case could easily be made even more so for Trump, is also at an early stage of the nomination process.

He might be bluffing a run to avoid being a premature  lame duck. He might have a health crisis. There is still PLENTY of time for a democratic STAR with landslide potential to get the nomination instead.

Caring about polls at this stage is purely inside the beltway type stuff.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

On 9/25/2023 at 2:37 PM, Social Media said:

Cohn wrote on X: “It’s really really hard to release outlying poll results, so you’ve got to give credit to ABC/Post here, but I do have a fairly major quibble with ABC/Post here: if you release consecutive ‘outlying’ poll results … you don’t get to dismiss your results.

Can we take anyone seriously that thinks a social media platform is a good place to post important information?

The tenor of the OP seems to be that Trump could not possibly be ahead of the geriatric stumbler in chief. Didn't they say the same thing when he was up against the pants suited one?

I hope he wins, if for no other reason than to see U Tube VDOs of the snowflakes crying. Very enjoyable in 2016.

27 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

At risk of going off topic, Hillary probably ran the worst campaign in the past half century. Realistically, she should have beaten Trump like a drum.  

New blood would be great.  The Democrats are stuck with Kamala if Joe decides to quit, and that is a guaranteed loss. Yet if they try to ditch her, it will cause chaos in their base constituencies. So I fear we will be left with a rerun of 2020.

Yeah, 4 more years of chaos.

50 minutes ago, Presnock said:

I've said it before, but IMO no sane man that loves his family would even think of going for POTUS, given the media assaults.

Seems that the US has shot itself in the foot by permitting such scurrilous media attacks.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I've said it before, but IMO no sane man that loves his family would even think of going for POTUS, given the media assaults.

Seems that the US has shot itself in the foot by permitting such scurrilous media attacks.

I'd think the more obvious conclusion should be that Trump shot himself in the foot by going for POTUS.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I don't take any such polls seriously at this very early stage.

We don't even know who is going to be nominated.

Trump is under indictment on 91 felony charges.

While most of those won't be resolved before the election, some will, and his odds of acquittal on all charges is very very remote.

How will non maga facist republicans and independents react to a candidate headed to prison that can't even vote.

Also, Trump clearly is very unhealthy and has brain processing problems. His brain farts get more scharty on a daily basis.

Biden on the other hand, unfairly labelled as having dementia without any medical evidence, when such a case could easily be made even more so for Trump, is also at an early stage of the nomination process.

He might be bluffing a run to avoid being a premature  lame duck. He might have a health crisis. There is still PLENTY of time for a democratic STAR with landslide potential to get the nomination instead.

Caring about polls at this stage is purely inside the beltway type stuff.

I suspect you may be right about Biden. Who do you think is the "democratic STAR with landslide potential"?  I can only think possibly of Gov. Newsom, hence his upcoming debate with DeSantis. A possible rehearsal for the big show...

That would also put pressure on the GOP to come up with some new blood too. I can't see Trump beating a new, young Democrat.

4 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

I suspect you may be right about Biden. Who do you think is the "democratic STAR with landslide potential"?  I can only think possibly of Gov. Newsom, hence his upcoming debate with DeSantis. A possible rehearsal for the big show...

That would also put pressure on the GOP to come up with some new blood too. I can't see Trump beating a new, young Democrat.

Yes, I did mean Newsom.

He's the only one that would meet the description of star.

I'm ignoring the silly Michelle Obama is going to run stuff.

That's almost all from republicans. 

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

It doesn't happen very often but when it does happen a republican gets elected.

Fortunately, as you say, it isn't that frequent. 

Screenshot_20230927_130941_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Purdey