Best tires for Scooter. Michelin, Pirelli, IRC?

Airwolf

I've an Aerox that needs new tires. I'm leaning towards Michelin city grip 2... but they're out of stock, so could be a wait. 

2 other options from my shop are, 

IRC IZ-Ss : 3200
Pirelli Angel scooter : 4590

Either of these ok, or any other recommendations?

Just for city use, long lasting, good grip. 

I put Pirelli on my 150 Vespa. I like them, second set. On The first set of pirelli the rubber cracked from sitting outside too long unused (for about 5 years) 

they seem like good tires. I’m normally looking for Michelins but these were only 125.00 CDN per tire so I got them 

good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I usually use tires from the big brands like Pirelli, Metzeler, Michelin etc on my big bikes, the only one I avoid is Dunlop. Gave my CBR500R to a friend for a while and he tried IRC and was happy with them. Rode the bike myself and have to say they are really not bad. For a scooter I wouldn't hesitate to go with IRC if there are decent savings to be had.

Edited by eisfeld
  • Like 1

IRC are at the bottom of the barrel. Way too hard, terrible grip, very dangerous tires to drive on here, with all the loose gravel, and rain. I prefer Pirelli. Using the angel now on my Forza 350, and it has tremendous grip. My rear end fishtailed many times with the horrendous, stock IRC's. Never with the Pirellis. Michelin are also very good, as are Metzeler, and all are a huge step up from the stock junk the bikes come with. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

IRC are at the bottom of the barrel. Way too hard, terrible grip, very dangerous tires to drive on here, with all the loose gravel, and rain. I prefer Pirelli. Using the angel now on my Forza 350, and it has tremendous grip. My rear end fishtailed many times with the horrendous, stock IRC's. Never with the Pirellis. Michelin are also very good, as are Metzeler, and all are a huge step up from the stock junk the bikes come with. 

Maybe you need to look deeper into the barrel ???? There are way way worse tires than IRC. Maybe the ones for scooters are not of the same quality as for bigger bikes but the ones I tested for the CBR are really not that bad. Not hard and grip is pretty decent. And yes, also tried them in the wet. My buddy did thousands of km on these and didn't have a single time where he thought they were dangerous.

1 hour ago, eisfeld said:

Maybe you need to look deeper into the barrel ???? There are way way worse tires than IRC. Maybe the ones for scooters are not of the same quality as for bigger bikes but the ones I tested for the CBR are really not that bad. Not hard and grip is pretty decent. And yes, also tried them in the wet. My buddy did thousands of km on these and didn't have a single time where he thought they were dangerous.

I used my IRCs in foot deep water on Sukhumvit a few times was fine.

Those saying IRCs are dangerous must be reckless riders

• Thumbs Up 1

I have a set of Michelin m62’s on one bike, and Michelin Pilot Street 2’s on another, both good rubber. Personally I haven’t used anything but Michelin on all my vehicles, it’s the first swap done immediately after purchase.. 

As the saying use to go "if it only saves you once a year it a Goodyear."

I agree the Dunlops are crap, I don't recall exactly why but I also got rid of IRC's.

I've had the Pirelli Diablo's and really liked them, I currently have the Michelin City Grip 2's and also really like them.  If I had to choose one, I think the Michelin's. The contoured surface makes leaning into turns feel more natural and the grip is outstanding wet or dry.

Edited by Taxi
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I used my IRCs in foot deep water on Sukhumvit a few times was fine.

Those saying IRCs are dangerous must be reckless riders

Yea I mean we're talking 150cc scooters here. Not going to try to drag knee on one. Don't need multi-compound rubber either.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi_webp/_ozW7DtroGE/maxresdefault.webp