Internet Users Share Warning from Chuwit, Advising Big Joke to Be Cautious

webfact

42 minutes ago, webfact said:

Becoming the National Police Chief is not a problem if you stay in line.

With whom?

43 minutes ago, webfact said:

there will be posts riding on the side, posts about meetings, and posts here and there, going on trips here and there.

Suggestions about the perks of the job?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, webfact said:

Chuwit urged reflection, asking, "Do you think it will be right or not? If you accept it quietly and get along quietly, eventually there will be posts riding on the side, posts about meetings, and posts here and there, going on trips here and there. I'm asking you, really now, have any National Police Chiefs done this?"

Sounds like Chuwit knows plenty about Big Jokes "endeavors", and is implying that perhaps he is not suited for the top job?

Hardly some premonition about a conspiracy to keep Joke from getting the top job.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

"Anyone aspiring to grow into a leader must be cautious of those around them. People nearby may use, boast, exploit, or seek personal gain through you

truer words were never spoken... in Thailand, if you're a good man, you're too soft not doing your job, too hard and famous, you're a crook on the take... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Something lost in translation... doesn't seem to say much and I would not expect that from this guy?

I think he was saying to Surachate be careful of what you wish for.

Stay on the side-lines and take what comes your way.

Life can be better than having the top slot.

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Something lost in translation... doesn't seem to say much and I would not expect that from this guy?

Actually, nothing lost in the translation. That is how the Thai mind works. I have been living and working here for many years. 

As Western guests in another country, we are politely inclined to give those the benefit of the doubt.

Don't...

you heard it right the first time. 'Scrambled Eggs' for brains. Sad, but true.

(you can always tell 'flamers'...they are the ones that have only been here a few months)

Edited by tkramer
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1