Transgenderism 'a mental health disorder'

Social Media

21 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Would point out transgenders aren't homosexuals, therefor people that don't like them aren't homophobes.

Please. This is a disgustingly homophobic comment. Reprehensible in the extreme..

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bendejo said:

Transgenderism 'a mental health disorder'

Like MAGA -ism?

A lot of this 'mental health disorder' stuff going around these days.

Yea it’s a chronic condition that can with deprogramming be corrected all it takes is not watching the Fox fake news

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/27/2023 at 8:33 PM, Social Media said:

image.png

Ramaswamy calls transgenderism 'a mental health disorder'

Vivek Ramaswamy says that transgenderism "a mental health disorder" and said it was cruel to "affirm a kid's confusion" about their gender -- in response to a question about parents' rights in schools.

"Transgenderism, especially in kids, is a mental health disorder. We have to acknowledge the truth of that for what it is," the entrepreneur said.

"Parents have the right to know," he went on to say when pushed about parental rights.

"The very people who say that this increases the risk of suicide are also the ones saying that parents don't have the right to know about that increased risk of suicide," he said. "And sorry, it is not compassionate to affirm a kid's confusion, that is not compassion, that is cruelty.

I met two young women, Chloe and Katie, early in this campaign who are in their twenties now regret getting double mastectomies and a hysterectomy. One of them will never have children and the fact that we allowed that to happen in this country is barbaric. So I will ban genital mutilation or chemical castration under the age of 18." 

FULL STORY

FOX-NEWS.png

If a boy wants to be a girl then chemical castration is the way to go. But cutting up the penis is a mistake. It ruins any sexual fulfillment and is in fact the clit. Maintenance with a splint is way to much hassle. Just get rid of the nuts. ????

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Dickie Dee said:

If a boy wants to be a girl then chemical castration is the way to go. But cutting up the penis is a mistake. It ruins any sexual fulfillment and is in fact the clit. Maintenance with a splint is way to much hassle. Just get rid of the nuts. ????

You sure about that?

"Many transfeminine people wonder if they'll still be able to have orgasms after having a vaginoplasty. Your surgeon will use skin from your penis to create a clitoris. This clitoris still has feeling, and most transgender women can have orgasm through clitoral stimulation."

https://healthcare.utah.edu/transgender-health/gender-affirmation-surgery/vaginoplasty#:~:text=Vaginoplasty %26 Orgasms,have orgasm through clitoral stimulation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You sure about that?

"Many transfeminine people wonder if they'll still be able to have orgasms after having a vaginoplasty. Your surgeon will use skin from your penis to create a clitoris. This clitoris still has feeling, and most transgender women can have orgasm through clitoral stimulation."

https://healthcare.utah.edu/transgender-health/gender-affirmation-surgery/vaginoplasty#:~:text=Vaginoplasty %26 Orgasms,have orgasm through clitoral stimulation.

Geez, a lot of women can't have orgasm via clitoral stimulation.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Didn't they (republicans/conservatives) say this about Homosexuality?

Like since forever.

Might as well say that being different is a "mental health disorder".

No clue why people can't just allow others to be happy, and love who they want to love.

Most people would agree with you on this, regardless of their political leaning.

However, the politics is the point. There is a difference between letting people be happy and letting men use the ladies' bathroom, or compete in women's sports, or trying to indocrinate children about it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Most people would agree with you on this, regardless of their political leaning.

However, the politics is the point. There is a difference between letting people be happy and letting men use the ladies' bathroom, or compete in women's sports, or trying to indocrinate children about it.

What do the issues of letting transgenders use the ladies bathroom, etc have to do with the issue of whether or not transgenderism is a mental disorder?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

What do the issues of letting transgenders use the ladies bathroom, etc have to do with the issue of whether or not transgenderism is a mental disorder?

I was agreeing with the final bit about 'why not just let others be happy'.  

Bathrooms, sports and children.

Yeah, I don't get the predilection you lot have with bathrooms.

I mean you live here right. Many transgender people using bathrooms of their preferred sex. Everyone seems fine. Society has not collapsed.

If not, we can build special bathrooms. I mean we did it when we had separate bathrooms for Black citizens. We built handicapped bathrooms, which are primarily for all sexes. Bathroom technology is just not all that challenging.

Women's sports? Is that really a big issue? Most sports governing bodies seem capable of coping with this insignificant challenge. I'm old enough to remember Dr. Renee Richards, the world didn't end then.

Children? Parents, and doctors can care for the children. Local school boards can deal with the education curriculum. Folks like you can stay away from our children.

• Thanks 1

On 9/27/2023 at 7:33 PM, Social Media said:

image.png

Ramaswamy calls transgenderism 'a mental health disorder'

[ . . . ]

THIS is an issue in a presidential election in the US?  This is even lower than Congressional dress codes.

"Mommy, what is tragendersim?"

So much for protecting kids, morals, etc.  25 years ago another such crusader named Starr had little kids asking "Mommy, what's a semen-stained dress?"

Throw in the towel, Swamy, you're no match for The Great Orange.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

I can't think of too many other mental health conditions where the accepted treatment is to accept the delusion of the patient as being real. 

Exactly.

And if genitals don't make a particular gender then why would cutting them off affirm the gender? No logic.

In the girls' bathrooms, "It's a woman's penis. Nevermind"

Then, "We will affirm your gender by cutting that thing off"

Just so messed up.

Do they really feel better after this? If not, then clearly it is a mental disorder 

Edited by FruitPudding
  • Love It 1

3 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Please. This is a disgustingly homophobic comment. Reprehensible in the extreme..

Ah yes.

Calling people names to try to silence them. You don't believe in freedom of speech?

And he is right, there is indeed a difference between homosexual people and this trans trend.

I'd think nothing of it if my child came out as gay, but if they wanted to remove body parts, I'd be calling a mental therapist to help us.

And if teachers were encouraging this, that would be crazy, right? 

And if I didn't agree with the doctor's prescription, I could lose my child. There have been cases like this.

There have been females who cut off their breasts even before they were old enough to drink. And they were on puberty blockers since a young age. Then, after the surgery they regret it and end up suicidal. I've read cases of this too.

It's just wrong.

Edited by FruitPudding
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

53 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Bathrooms, sports and children.

Yeah, I don't get the predilection you lot have with bathrooms.

I mean you live here right. Many transgender people using bathrooms of their preferred sex. Everyone seems fine. Society has not collapsed.

If not, we can build special bathrooms. I mean we did it when we had separate bathrooms for Black citizens. We built handicapped bathrooms, which are primarily for all sexes. Bathroom technology is just not all that challenging.

Women's sports? Is that really a big issue? Most sports governing bodies seem capable of coping with this insignificant challenge. I'm old enough to remember Dr. Renee Richards, the world didn't end then.

Children? Parents, and doctors can care for the children. Local school boards can deal with the education curriculum. Folks like you can stay away from our children.

You might want to ask women about that. If they mind sharing their bathrooms with men.  Or if parents mind their daughters using the same bathrooms as men, even though they are wearing woman-face.

Sports is another area with genuine consequences.  Scholarships, sponsorships, and championships are at stake. Letting men compete with women is another blow to women's rights and another shrinking of spaces that have been carved out for women.   Funny how there is never any problem the other way, wonder why. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, jaywalker said:

Here ya go. 

Trans people are not.

When the government gets involved, and FORCES the transition of a child upon parents, and takes away children from parents...THAT is destroying society.

Well, I was addressing Richard's comment. But I fail to see how, even given your example, how society will be destroyed. We had  two world wars and society wasn't destroyed. Hitler, Stalin and Mao exterminated millions and society wasn't destroyed.   They dropped a nuclear bomb, society wasn't destroyed.

We often hear this empty rhetoric from the right about how gays serving in the military or gay marriage will destroy society and now it's being applied to a  tiny minority transitioning.  

I have no comment on the video because it's Glenn Beck and not a serious commentator.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

We often hear this empty rhetoric from the right about how gays serving in the military or gay marriage will destroy society and now it's being applied to a  tiny minority transitioning.  

If you listen to the lefties, simply electing the bad orange man would mean the end of democracy (small d).   (That's pretty much a direct quote from old Joe, BTW).

Yet they won't allow the same literary license to the other side...  See how that works?

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

10 minutes ago, impulse said:

If you listen to the lefties, simply electing the bad orange man would mean the end of democracy (small d).   (That's pretty much a direct quote from old Joe, BTW).

Yet they won't allow the same literary license to the other side...  See how that works?

Well, being a bad world leader certainly has the potential to destroy society but transitioning doesn't. Let's not make this a political issue.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Baht Simpson said:

We had  two world wars and society wasn't destroyed. Hitler, Stalin and Mao exterminated millions and society wasn't destroyed. 

47 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

Well, being a bad world leader certainly has the potential to destroy society but transitioning doesn't. Let's not make this a political issue.

So, which is it?  You can't have it both ways.  Unless you suffer from TDS...  Common affliction on the Left.

Hard to keep politics out of it when factions on one side are trying to pass laws to take kids away from their parents if they don't fall in line.  Not to mention the ones insisting that the gub'ment should pay for gender affirming care, and the lifetime of medical follow-up that could end up costing $millions over a lifetime.

• Love It 1

36 minutes ago, impulse said:

So, which is it?  You can't have it both ways.  Unless you suffer from TDS...  Common affliction on the Left.

That argument  doesn't really work. You're conflating two examples. My first point was that far greater things have failed to destroy society.  The second example referenced a leader that now has the ability to start a nuclear holocaust, which certainly could.  So it's not having it both ways.

And  what's TDS? Are you being unnecessarily rude?

Edited by Baht Simpson

2 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

You might want to ask women about that. If they mind sharing their bathrooms with men.  Or if parents mind their daughters using the same bathrooms as men, even though they are wearing woman-face.

Sports is another area with genuine consequences.  Scholarships, sponsorships, and championships are at stake. Letting men compete with women is another blow to women's rights and another shrinking of spaces that have been carved out for women.   Funny how there is never any problem the other way, wonder why. 

As a gay man I found wonen don't care if gay men or trans use the ladies bathroom.  

They are quite happy to chat together at the mirror as they adjust their make up or do their hair. 

They have a problem with straight men using their bathroom. And the reason is not becasue they fear the straight man will attack them....its rather that most straight men, especially if they have had some drinks, are filthy and will pee all over the place and stink the bathroom out.

Edited by jak2002003
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Didn't they (republicans/conservatives) say this about Homosexuality?

Like since forever.

Might as well say that being different is a "mental health disorder".

No clue why people can't just allow others to be happy, and love who they want to love.

There's a substantive difference between homosexuality and 'transgenderism".

"Transgenderism" requires complete rejection of physical biological reality over a sustained period of time, which certainly qualifies as a mental health disorder.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Eleftheros said:

I didn't say they were the same, just that republicans/conservatives said Homosexuality was a mental disorder. The same thing they are saying about gender fluidity.

20 minutes ago, Eleftheros said:

which certainly qualifies as a mental health disorder.

Thank you Doctor for your expert opinion.

"Certainly". 

3 hours ago, Baht Simpson said:

We had  two world wars and society wasn't destroyed.

Tell that to the Jews (6 million dead), or Russia (20 million dead).

Pol Pot wanted to eliminate the family structure to create a Utopia where government knew better than the parents, and he ONLY had to kill 1/3rd of his population...It didn't work.

I'm sure the millions they all killed never thought, "Huh, well, I'm glad society hasn't broken down".

TO EACH his/her OWN after they become an adult, but leave the STATE out of parents' and their kids' lives (aside from abuse), and I would argue that allowing my little boy to get a tatoo, or smoke methamphetamines, or get his willy lopped off all fall under the title of abuse.

Edited by jaywalker
  • Love It 1

5 hours ago, impulse said:

electing a would be dictator could end our democracy.

2 hours ago, Eleftheros said:

"Transgenderism" requires complete rejection of physical biological reality over a sustained period of time, which certainly qualifies as a mental health disorder.

what's it to you? 

why do you care?

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

what's it to you? 

why do you care?

Because I care about reality, facts and truth.

The world is manifestly better when we accept reality rather than regress into a time when the whole world was apparently populated with witches, demons, spirits and gods who controlled everything.

• Thumbs Up 1