Retirement Visa Annual Renewal @CW

Hi

Next month I will be doing my first annual renewal of my retirement Visa at Changwatana. 

My question is in relation to the 90 day report (due 3 months thereafter).  Will I be able to do it online as previously or is this deemed a new Visa and so have to report in person the first time.

The 90-days starts ticking from the date I applied for the renewal or from the date of the visa extension?

Thanks for the assistance. 

Edited by Finlaco

27 minutes ago, Finlaco said:

Hi

Next month I will be doing my first annual renewal of my retirement Visa at Changwatana. 

My question is in relation to the 90 day report (due 3 months thereafter).  Will I be able to do it online as previously or is this deemed a new Visa and so have to report in person the first time.

The 90-days starts ticking from the date I applied for the renewal or from the date of the visa extension?

Thanks for the assistance. 

The 90 day report is nothing to do with your Extension, or so my IO says.

It is to be done for every 90 days since you last arrived in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Finlaco said:

Not sure what you mean by renewal or visa extension

In any event...

90 count starts from day of application for extension in the case of your FIRST extension.

For subsequent annual extensions the TM47 has nothing to do with it..

• Like 1

@DrJack54   the retirement Visa needs to be renewed every 12 months, similar to a marriage visa.  

@Aforek   I got my first retirement Visa last year and the irst 90-day report had to be done in person.  

@KannikaP where you able to do the first 90 day report after the extension on line?  Not sure?

Edited by Finlaco

3 minutes ago, Finlaco said:

@DrJack54   the retirement Visa needs to be renewed every 12 months, similar to a marriage visa.

@Aforek   I got my first retirement Visa last and the irst 90!-day report had to be done in person.  

@KannikaP where you able to do the first 90 day report after the extension on line?

@Finlaco you are a bit confused ????
NO visa in country gets "renewed" and there is no such thing as a 12 month retirement VISA inside thailand
You're talking about a yearly "extension of stay" <- READ the stamp you have in your passport

As Dr Jack54 correctly stated ONCE you start the 90 day reporting cycle (by doing that first report in person) you can then use the online system AND getting a new year extension isn't going to affect that ability at all 

You do all your 90 day reporting online at this website 
90 Day Online Link

• Like 2

@Tod Daniels  Thanks.  Yearly extension of stay based on ........ Retirement or my good looks?  Strange how I have to provide nearly all the same docs for a Retirement Visa again if it's nothing to do with me being retired.  semantics

So I can continue to do the 90day reports on line.   That's good.

Edited by Finlaco
  • Confused 3

@nana kid  I 'think' IO will staple a reminder to your passport with the required date to report by.  This would be from the date of the visit to Immigration (be attending you are deemed to have notified your residence.   This date remains unless you travel out of Thailand and then the 90 days starts from your return (assuming you got a Re+entry permit).

But this will be my first renewal so others with actual experience will reply unless they are confused about annual extension/renewal based on ...

Edited by Finlaco

I have a question for all you legal eagles. When I first came to LOS I went to CW for my first 'retirement' extension. Since then I have used my local office, which is the single most disorganised operation under the sun and takes hours, plus they change the system every couple of months so no one knows wirer to go and wait. It's pathetic. Anyway, I would like to go back to CW, if that is possible. Does anyone know if you have to use the office in the province you live in?

20 minutes ago, retarius said:

Anyway, I would like to go back to CW, if that is possible. Does anyone know if you have to use the office in the province you live in?

You would need to do TM30 (change of address) .

It's inconvenient  obtaining your extension.

Which immigration office do you deal with?

2 hours ago, Digitalbanana said:

Surely if you are doing an extension of stay based on retirement it is everything to do with you being retired don't you think?

We all use terms such as "extension based on retirement" 

In fact you can still work and have non O and subsequent extensions based on retirement.

One example is oil gas guys.

The important thing is they are not working in Thailand.

The main criteria is actually being over 50+

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/28/2023 at 6:54 PM, Finlaco said:

@Aforek   I got my first retirement Visa last year and the irst 90-day report had to be done in person.  

@KannikaP where you able to do the first 90 day report after the extension on line?  Not sure?

Yes, you are right, but my answer still stays right, first time you have to go to the I.O your self, but again for a new passport you have to go by yourself the first time