Beer

KannikaP

1 hour ago, dingdongrb said:

That was all back in the 80s

i love it when codgers talk about something that happened forty++ years ago like it has anything to do with today.

"back in the day Coca Cola cntained cocaine -- i wont touch the stuff because I am anti drugs"

"Beer Singh contains formaldehyde"

Blah blah good for you mate.

22 hours ago, transam said:

No, just the cheapest, but I find it refreshing, though I can drink near anything, plus my local booze agent likes me, she charges me 250 bht for  6 bottles ...........????

To my taste Archers is the one that tastes the most like beer...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, transam said:

Perhaps the 620ml is what the bottle can actually hold, all beer in bottles has a free space gap in the neck.

Have you noticed that the different Thai brands have a different ml capacity, Archar is the biggest at 630ml..????

Just opened my first, it's 5pm somewhere, and it's quite good. Bht 50 for 630 ml @ 4.5% is OK by me. Cheers.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, n00dle said:

i love it when codgers talk about something that happened forty++ years ago like it has anything to do with today.

"back in the day Coca Cola cntained cocaine -- i wont touch the stuff because I am anti drugs"

"Beer Singh contains formaldehyde"

Blah blah good for you mate.

And The Beatles' music is the devil incarnate.

5 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

Let's just say that I've heard stories about some of the things that have occurred at that particular facility. Nothing was ever proven, nor did I desire to seek out the truth. It could be just employees (my friends) ranting about their employer. 

I guess I threw that tidbit out there and probably should have not.

However the one thing that I do know for a fact is that facility allowed the employees to drink on the job. Yes, they had taps (kegs) of beer setup for consumption at the employee's breakroom (canteen/cafeteria). Employees were allowed to partake but not to overindulge. That was all back in the 80s and was put to a stop when an employee neglected the benefit and there was a serious auto accident.

As far as US beers, I've had many, and yes, they were all good in my younger days when beer was beer and I wasn't going for taste/flavor. But from about the late 80s & early 90s my preference was a good microbrew. (Too many to name.)

Budweiser is just a typical 'blahhh beer' to me much like others such as:

PBR (Pabst Blue Ribbon)

Miller

Coors

Busch

Schlitz

Michelob

The best thing about Budweiser (Anheuser Busch) is the Clydesdales...and they have always (until recently) had some great TV commercials.

Great reply. Thanks, dingdongrb.

Very interesting comments.

Re the Budweiser factory policy on sipping suds on site: I hope it doesn't reflect too badly on me to say this, but I kind of liked reading that and thinking a bit nostalgically about it, although it sounds wildly crazy these days to have such a policy. I'm old enough to remember those days and gotta admit I miss the different, more-relaxed vibe then. (Example: did 5 months in traction in UK hospital in 1981. Was permitted to booze my heart out, smoking was fine, non-stop and wards & corridors always had a blue haze of baccy smoke floating around the ceiling areas! How that was once perfectly acceptable, it is impossible to imagine now. Oh, for the bad old days!)

Yes, microbrews are the way to go if you want to enjoy the better things in life more. ????

PS: If I ever encounter a 'Clydesdale' in TH, I'll try it out. 

• Like 1