60 day e-visa from UK

Yes, it is a passport type photo although this can be taken on your own phone as long as it complies with the requirements e.g. clear background, no shadows etc etc.

You may also find some of the questions a bit baffling and not relevant when applying for a SETV. you still have to upload a doc for these questions though so I have prepared a one page doc saying "Not required for tourist visa" and upload this.

This has always been accepted. Normally processed and visa issued within 5-7 days, sometimes sooner.

1 hour ago, Chris1950 said:

Has anyone got a 60 e-visa from the UK recently?  I cant find any information about the "photo taken wihin 6 months".  Is this passport sized or what? No prizes for guessing the response I got from the London Embassy.

Chris

Refer Section 3.2 Upload your photograph in the Evisa Application form. It is JPEG 3 MB max.

Yes, I use a selfie against a plain pale green background as that's the colour of my lounge wall. The last two applications it popped up with something along the lines of "Your photo may be rejected as there is more than one person" after I uploaded it!!!!!! I just ignored it and it has never been an issue.

As stated, some questions are totally irrelevant but you have to upload something or else you can not proceed to the next stage.

2 hours ago, Toby1947 said:

Watch video on YouTube, Robert Sultan how to apply for a Thailand Tourist Visa After 2022. American guy leads you through the application process by the hand. Brilliant 

AND, take a look here

• Like 1

On 9/28/2023 at 5:11 PM, Chris1950 said:

Is this passport sized or what? No prizes for guessing the response I got from the London Embassy.

My son took a photo of me with my phone. I cropped it to around passport size, no problem. You just have to watch the background and shadows.

I fail to understand why people try and contact the local embassy. Applications are made to the MFA in Bangkok, local embassies will only deal with issues regarding existing applications.

22 hours ago, Chivas said:

...and definately in hindsight the set up online is quicker and easier @VBF

Once you've done it once (and know the way they want it presented) its definately better

I agree ????  No more posting the passport off to the embassy, getting pre-paid envelopes for its return and having to pay by postal order or cash!!! (There was no option to pay by cheque or card) Therefore it's cheaper too.

As i've said before, I had no real problems when I did my first one in Jan 2023.

The "challenges" were:

1 - Working out exactly what to send for each question.

2 - Realising that although some questions didn't actually apply for a TV, one still HAS to upload SOMETHING to allow one to progress through the application.

The first challenge, (hopefully) I shall address next time by reference to my last application (I keep everything in a Zip file)

For the benefit of those who haven't noticed, I resolved the second challenge by creating a PDF file containing the sentence "Is this required for a Tourist Visa?" and uploading that where appropriate.

I might add that it's probably a lot harder doing it on a phone or tablet - I use a desktop PC.

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1