Sweden gangs: PM summons army chief after surge in killings

Social Media

11 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I understand people complaining about immigrants is not just racism.

if you complain about their race, yeah, that's racism.

What's the difference between the Know Nothings, who complained about the Irish, and the current whiners about Muslim immigrants?

• Sad 1

Oh my.  All of those blond-haired Scandinavian youth have been smitten by the Norse Gods, Loki in particular, and now run riot in Swedish society tearing apart the fabric of civil society.  Oh dear!  Oh heavens.  Who would have guessed?  ????

20 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Anders Breivik - killed 8 with a bomb then travelled to a Summer camp island and murdered 69 or something like that people - self-confessed far right terrorist mass murderer.

Nationality NORWEGIAN.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-41678010

https://cco.ndu.edu/PRISM/PRISM-Volume-6-no-2/Article/839011/right-wing-extremism-and-terrorism-in-europe-current-developments-and-issues-fo/

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/04/03/world/white-extremist-terrorism-christchurch.html

The age old and paranoid racist trope of 'replacement' by hoards of e.g 'barbarians, animals, dogs, rats etc people other than my cultural group is well known. The Nazis talked the same way before they killed 11 million people who they deemed were different and trying through secret cabals to control them and the world.

Ahh ... Neo-Nazi much?

More than 11 million. They murdered more people that were not Jews, for a total of 17 million. People forget or don't know that the Nazis targeted other opposition groups than Jews. However, some posters should be careful of trying to make an equivalence between those that are opposed to mass immigration and the Nazis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocaust_victims

According to the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum (USHMM), the Holocaust was "the systematic, bureaucratic, state-sponsored persecution and murder of six million Jewish men, women and children by the Nazi regime and its collaborators". In addition, 11 million members of other groups were murdered during the "era of the Holocaust".

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, proton said:

The Irish are not causing the social problems and crime in Sweden today, Muslim immigrants are, why not stick to the point instead of deflecting from it with irrelevant history having nothing to do with the topic?

Sweden and many European countries are just collateral damage. In a hindsight they should have closed their borders. Barring France with their colonies, most of the recent Muslim immigration to Europe is a result of wars, coups, regime changes and other interference by the US and their vassal state UK in north Africa, Middle East and Afghanistan. Merkel foolishly opened her welcoming arms, the Euro politicians should have loaded these refugees on cruise ships and dump them in Florida - they created the problems, let them have them and pay for them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, connda said:

Dirty $(*#))$ Irish.  Arrggggh.

Oh, wait a minute.  That's right, half my family was Scot/Irish and the family hailed from County Down until Irish economic forced the family to the US where they were looked on as lower than dirt.  The grandparents assimilated and carved out a good life in the US.  The key word being - "Assimilated."

The Muslims will eventually assimilate, it's just a matter of time.

Like the Hindus in other countries.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Stop baiting. Italians and the US are not in the topic.

You really don't want to know about the abuse earlier immigrants endured. If you did learn your history, you wouldn't be so quick to judge current immigrants.

But, if you want to learn something about crime, took a look at crime statistics based on income levels. You would discover that the determining factor isn't race, or immigration status, it's income.

The landed gentry from all countries generally don't engage in violent crimes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, connda said:

Assimilation doesn't usually begin with the migrants burning down the country.  Just saying...

Actually, it does.

Most immigrants are peaceful.

Racists focus on the minority who commit crimes, and brand all of them as criminals.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You really don't want to know about the abuse earlier immigrants endured. If you did learn your history, you wouldn't be so quick to judge current immigrants.

But, if you want to learn something about crime, took a look at crime statistics based on income levels. You would discover that the determining factor isn't race, or immigration status, it's income.

I'm well aware of the abuse earlier immigrants endured, given my ethnicity, but I don't claim to know everything, unlike certain posters on here.

Millions of poor people never commit crimes, and the worst criminals are actually white collar level that commit fraud and exploitation of the vulnerable on a world wide scale with impunity. How many die because of warmongers in high places?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, John Drake said:

Essentially, the Immigration Act of 1924 did so, drastically curtailing all immigration into the US. during the intervening 60 years. During this time, the US achieved a cohesive culture and became the wealthiest country on the planet, a situation that has since reversed into an open border, mountainous debt, and global entanglements in far off wars, each of which was lost one after the other.

It's good to see a sensible post on here. It's like a breath of clean fresh air on a Bkk street.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm well aware of the abuse earlier immigrants endured, given my ethnicity, but I don't claim to know everything, unlike certain posters on here.

Millions of poor people never commit crimes, and the worst criminals are actually white collar level that commit fraud and exploitation of the vulnerable on a world wide scale with impunity. How many die because of warmongers in high places?

Childhood family income, adolescent violent criminality and substance misuse: quasi-experimental total population study

Why do inequality and deprivation produce high crime and low trust?

30 seconds on the Google proves you wrong.

And no, there aren't that many white collar criminals, for obvious reasons.

My guess is this is happening because of racism in Sweden.

Swedish people are racist towards anyone who isn't Caucasian and blonde and their discrimination has prevented immigrants children from integrating into society, so they organise into little gangs to protect themselves.

"...immigrants and their children in Sweden are not regarded as full members of society like the rest of the population but as individuals expected to contribute economically and culturally to society. They are often politically and socially marginalised, resulting in discrimination in many aspects of society"

• Haha 1