Cost of your new tank of cooking gas

Fred Ziffel

Hello

We are all too familiar with the green tanks of cooking gas on the back of motorcycles for deliver here in Thailand. 

Yesterday here in Nonthaburi I paid 475 baht for a new tank. 

I hope to understand if I am being faranged or is that the going rate generally in Thailand.

I do understand price of fuel else where in the world has gone up. 

What was the cost of your last tank of cooking gas? Thanks

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Fred Ziffel said:

Hello

We are all too familiar with the green tanks of cooking gas on the back of motorcycles for deliver here in Thailand. 

I hope to understand if I am being faranged or is that the going rate generally in Thailand.

What size of tank ? I hope you are talking about LPG gas. I am as well interested in the lowest price. Needed for my Wok Cooking Station.

1 minute ago, transam said:

That is not what customers are charged...

My last bottle (about 3 months ago) cost B450. The shop is about 500m away. Always delivered and fitted within a few minutes of calling 7am-7pm.
I suspect the 'extra charge' is for fitting the new bottle as opposed to just dumping on the doorstep and exchange the old bottle.

I'd be willing to pay a little more if asked, those bottles are heavy to move in and out of my kitchen unit! 

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Fred Ziffel said:

Hello

Mines about 500 in Sakon Nakhon.  

16 minutes ago, NE1 said:

We have ours sat in these......Makes it a lot easier.

Screenshot 2023-09-30 at 08.04.50.png

Yes, my neighbour has his gas bottle on one. Unfortunately, I have a Thai style kitchen set-up so there's a 2'' lip to overcome to get it in the gas bottle unit. Great idea though! 

21 hours ago, transam said:

I go pick mine up, I have 2 shops, they charge the same.

I don't keep gas in the house, you get a leak, a spark, caboom...........:whistling:

Nor me. fitting and delivery are all free where I am. This is the extra thick hose and note positioned to be able to turn it off from behind in an emergency. ( that junk has been moved)IMG_20230930_102430.thumb.jpg.6a04996175751a00764de8c39527df2c.jpg

I bought my tube of gas 5 days , cost 475 B I think . Why do I think ....well 'er indoors does the chat and hands over 1000B note , Then the change goes in a bin under the car radio. What a rigmorole though.

On arriving with the empty tube in the boot , boot open , photo taken of empyt tube. Back up to a wall old one out new one in , glad I only have to go 1/2 mile for it. But it does last about 4 months.

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Nor me. fitting and delivery are all free where I am. This is the extra thick hose and note positioned to be able to turn it off from behind in an emergency. ( that junk has been moved)IMG_20230930_102430.thumb.jpg.6a04996175751a00764de8c39527df2c.jpg

Just turn it off after cooking with the big tap thingy on the top!

????

• Haha 1