Can you get a re-entry permit at Bangkok airports but doing domestic departures?

Hello all, 

flying out to Koh Samui, then doing a flight to Singapore.

I believe i won't be able to get the reentry permit at Koh Samui airport (and don't really fancy getting it at Koh samui immigration). So i was wondering if i can just get it at either of the two Bangkok airports, but travelling domestic ?

I ask this, because when i go to Suvaranbhumi travelling domestic takes you a different sort of terminal / area (if you know what i mean). ie, you don't go up through the normal security / immigration area, and the waiting terminal for your flight is different. 

1 minute ago, 2long said:

Apparently there's an immigration office or two in Bangkok, as well as surrounding provinces. Can't you just go to one of them on any day before you fly?

You could give it a try, but as the BKK Imm Office is not the local Imm Office where you have your 'official address for Immigration purposes', chances are they will refuse to provide you with a Re-Entry Permit. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, 2long said:

Apparently there's an immigration office or two in Bangkok, as well as surrounding provinces. Can't you just go to one of them on any day before you fly?

Sorry for being an idiot, but where's the nearest Bangkok immigration office to Sukhumvit ?

Will i need to make an appointment, or do i just turn up ? 

6 minutes ago, JoeyMac said:

Sorry for being an idiot, but where's the nearest Bangkok immigration office to Sukhumvit ?

Will i need to make an appointment, or do i just turn up ? 

Chaengwattana Road, Bangkok Government Complex. Unfortunately, that is a trek from Sukhumvit

7 minutes ago, JoeyMac said:

Do you need to make an appointment or just turn up ?

Just turn up, but not at weekends.

I go to Nonthaburi, where I officially live. 

Others commented that you might need to be in the city/province where you're registered.

You need a colour photo of yourself

Have a copy of

- your passport main page

- your last entry

- your visa

- your 'granted to stay in the country until date' (if not the same as the visa)

- your TM 30

- any pets' birth certificates, plus a recent photo of you with that pet outside your house without either of you wearing sunglasses... sorry, but they tend to try to find a new thing that I 'forgot to copy' each and every time.

• Confused 1

58 minutes ago, JoeyMac said:

i was wondering if i can just get it at either of the two Bangkok airports, but travelling domestic ?

No.

Seems that you are in Bangkok.

Obtain your reentry permit at CW any time prior to day of departure.

You need TM8 and a photo and few photocopies from pp.

Data page etc

Yes appointments are available at CW. 

However think there is currently issue with the new appointment site.

Walk in an option. 

Edited by DrJack54

5 minutes ago, Olmate said:

How come Samui  departure dont have? 

I don't know whether Samui has an Immigration Re-Entry Permit desk at its airport.

But all major international Thai airports (e.g. Suvarnabhumi, Don Mueang, Chiang-Mai, Phuket, ...) have a 24-hour manned Re-Entry Permit desk for international departures < all of them situated behind security check and just before/after the Immigration booths where you are stamped out >.