Dutch father and son die in truck crash in Nakhon Ratchasima

webfact

image.jpeg

A Dutch father and son tragically lost their lives after their pickup truck crashed into a concrete barrier, leading to a loud explosion and the front wheel detaching. This incident happened Sunday, around 10.30am on the Friendship Highway, in Nakhon Ratchasima.

The police officer, Auychai Phromwong, from the Central Forest Police Station in Pak Chong district, was quick to respond to the incident.

Upon arrival at the scene, the authorities found a white MG Extender pickup truck, registration number ขจ967 Udon Thani, lodged into the concrete barrier in the middle of the Friendship Highway between kilometres 41-42.

The front right side of the vehicle was severely damaged and the right front wheel had come off. Initial investigation revealed that the driver and the front passenger, both foreigners, were pronounced dead at the scene, reported KhaoSod.

by Nattapong Westwood

Picture courtesy of Thairath

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-10-02

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 1
  • Sad 8

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Upon arrival at the scene, the authorities found a white MG Extender pickup truck, registration number ขจ967 Udon Thani, lodged into the concrete barrier in the middle of the Friendship Highway between kilometres 41-42.

I guess something mechanical could have caused this accident, but my suspicions lay elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I guess something mechanical could have caused this accident, but my suspicions lay elsewhere.

From the linked article,  "According to Officer Auychai, eyewitnesses speculated that the driver had fallen asleep at the wheel, causing the vehicle to veer off course and crash into the roadside concrete barrier."  

12 minutes ago, rwill said:

From the linked article,  "According to Officer Auychai, eyewitnesses speculated that the driver had fallen asleep at the wheel, causing the vehicle to veer off course and crash into the roadside concrete barrier."  

I did read the linked article, I was being tactful.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

1 hour ago, rwill said:

that's murder. happens every day in LoS, but farang should act better.

#

• Confused 6
  • Sad 4

6 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

A Dutch father and son tragically lost their lives after their pickup truck crashed into a concrete barrier, leading to a loud explosion and the front wheel detaching. This incident happened Sunday, around 10.30am on the Friendship Highway, in Nakhon Ratchasima.

The police officer, Auychai Phromwong, from the Central Forest Police Station in Pak Chong district, was quick to respond to the incident.

The front right side of the vehicle was severely damaged and the right front wheel had come off. Initial investigation revealed that the driver and the front passenger, both foreigners, were pronounced dead at the scene, reported KhaoSod.

by Nattapong Westwood

Picture courtesy of Thairath

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-10-02

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

The right front wheel is where it should be more or less, its just in little pieces

Edited by Grumpy one
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, rwill said:

If that's true then they were probably both asleep !

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, gerritkaew said:

it sad to read a fellow countryman lost his life in here..

I see to much farang ( friends ) dye in here..

Everday when i'm driving here, car or motorcycle i'm i danger...

R.I.P. guys..

Yeah, if you have a habit sleeping while driving or aiming for concrete barriers

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, roietfortress said:

that's murder. happens every day in LoS, but farang should act better.

#

AFAIR murder is a preplanned attack on another persons life.

How did you manage to come up with that preposterous idea?

6 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I did read the linked article, I was being tactful.

Don’t be too quick to judge. People who drive cars get strokes or seizures or whatever sometimes. Even happened to a young Belgian professional cyclist a few weeks ago. He was lucky the accident he caused by blacking out was not fatal, and that people started CPR on him right away.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, gerritkaew said:

it sad to read a fellow countryman lost his life in here..

I see to much farang ( friends ) dye in here..

Everday when i'm driving here, car or motorcycle i'm i danger...

R.I.P. guys..

Too much hair dye

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, gerritkaew said:

ohh okay,, you where actual there and see the accident occur.  eye witness. 

When did I say that? I quoted your saying that you were in danger every time you are in traffic.

23 hours ago, billd766 said:

AFAIR murder is a preplanned attack on another persons life.

How did you manage to come up with that preposterous idea?

they don't have degrees of murder in your country or you only talk to buffalo and Louie now?

the grandpas in here need to get some coffee. 

#

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, roietfortress said:

they don't have degrees of murder in your country or you only talk to buffalo and Louie now?

the grandpas in here need to get some coffee. 

#

Whilst you puff on your craving.............????

On 10/2/2023 at 1:14 PM, rudi49jr said:

Don’t be too quick to judge. People who drive cars get strokes or seizures or whatever sometimes. Even happened to a young Belgian professional cyclist a few weeks ago. He was lucky the accident he caused by blacking out was not fatal, and that people started CPR on him right away.

I have had 2 blackouts this year and I stopped driving any vehicle after the second blackout in July.

Both blackouts were at home and I had no warning and no memory of either one happening.