Defiant Trump turns up at $250m New York fraud trial to blast 'scam'

Social Media

7 hours ago, neeray said:

The clown brags that "he loves the uneducated". It seems that the "uneducated" constitute the majority of his supporters. I've seen some of his supporters interviewed. It's painfully obvious. 

For what it's worth, I've seen Jesse Waters interviewing Dem supporters and some of them are also painfully stupid. It's really a decline in mental acuity across the nation. 50 years ago a wise man told me the people who really run America want to eliminate the middle class, resulting in a ruling class and a servant class. You start with education - civics was a required class when I went to high school. Now I'm not sure if it's even offered as an elective. When shows like "Beavis & Butthead" or "Jackass" are glorified and stupidity looked up to, the results are what you have running around today.

• Confused 2

Just now, HappyExpat57 said:

For what it's worth, I've seen Jesse Waters interviewing Dem supporters and some of them are also painfully stupid. It's really a decline in mental acuity across the nation. 50 years ago a wise man told me the people who really run America want to eliminate the middle class, resulting in a ruling class and a servant class. You start with education - civics was a required class when I went to high school. Now I'm not sure if it's even offered as an elective. When shows like "Beavis & Butthead" or "Jackass" are glorified and stupidity looked up to, the results are what you have running around today.

Congratulations for a mistake free, properly punctuated comment. Such writing is a rarity today, despite spell checkers making it all so easy, it seems many just ignore them. I can agree with most of your comment. I'm just not sure how the middle class could be eliminated -- that sounds like something that would take a gargantuan effort and 3 to 5 generations to pull it off. 

I left school some 59 years ago after grade 10. High school was mostly technical courses. But Mother and siblings encouraged me to speak and write intelligently. I've been asked more than once what university I attended. 555 

The TV shows that you mention, huh, what, never heard of them (actually I have but have never indulged).

It's a shame to witness North American civilization being dumbed down. Digital phones no doubt contribute to this too. They should make us smarter, but it seems the reverse is happening.

On 10/2/2023 at 10:05 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Go Mr Trump go, and expose the politics involved in bringing this case at this very point in time.

I hope he gets damages when the case against him personally is dismissed.

Trump is so worried that he dropped his lawsuit against Michael Cohen because Trump refused to give a deposition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

Trump's valuation of MaL for the tax office: "Between 2011 and 2021, you valued the Mar-a-Lago property between $18 million and just under $28 million."

Trump's valuateion of MaL to get a bank loan: "Mar-a-Lago was listed as worth $490 million in financial documents given to banks."

Trump's valuation of MaL in court: 1 billion

Trump says Mar-a-Lago is worth over $1 billion — so congressman demands tax reassessment (msn.com)

Now a congress man is getting involved too:

unfortunately, a member of Congress has no standing regarding county property appraisals.

Some states have limits on increases in property evaluations, so there is that.

• Like 1

This is not about this case, but the one in Georgia: Trump claims immunity.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/trump-asks-court-dismiss-federal-2020-election-subversion-case-filing-2023-10-05/

Basically they want to go all the way to the supreme court and delay the case until they have ruled.

Edited by rudi49jr
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

Didn’t Trump say he always hired the best people? Then how come he’s had so many dumb@ss lawyers over the last few years? I mean, it’s like he’s going out of his way to find the dumbest and dimmest lawyers out there. MAGA! 

Well, that would depend on your definition of "best."  A history teacher once told the class "the difference between JFK and LBJ was that JFK didn't understand the advantage of having stupid people around."

There is a certain former PM of LOS who, it seems, would not hire anyone smarter than himself.  I don't know how much is archived, but the guys he had negotiating with the then-government during the street occupation were a great example of this, they really did come off like The Three Stooges.  DT may not be as stupid as he seems, but he is certainly no great mind.

From a different perspective, bear in mind one of the businesses he ran before he officially entered politics was money laundering for Russian oligarchs.  These inflated valuations could turn out to be part of fluffing things up with those intentions, rather than the charges being aired at present.  If this can be proven it could move things up a notch or two.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1