Crown Prince of Johor recounts Siam Paragon shooting

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The Crown Prince of Johor, Malaysia, was near the scene of Tuesday’s shooting at the Siam Paragon shopping mall in central Bangkok and has recounted, what he described as, his “worst experience”

Put a spin on that TAT...

Free poppadoms with your next Indian meal?

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

I am guessing they left immediately with a change of departure dates.   Just called his pilots and said start her up .  I wonder if his guards were packing?

Sad to see this type of shooting spree foing worldwide.  

Rip.  

5 hours ago, newnative said:

Everybody wants their 15 minutes.   

OK. I was in my Oxfordshire home when I read about the incident on this forum. I immediately took cover under the sofa and rang 999 on my mobile requesing a SWAT team to protect me. Can't be too careful these days. My friend at the RTP HQ Bangkok tells me my hero certificate is in the mail.????

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

OK. I was in my Oxfordshire home when I read about the incident on this forum. I immediately took cover under the sofa and rang 999 on my mobile requesing a SWAT team to protect me. Can't be too careful these days. My friend at the RTP HQ Bangkok tells me my hero certificate is in the mail.????

Quite.   I, myself, was, perhaps, not as near to the incident as the Crown Prince of Johor, being in Pattaya at the time, but I was certainly much closer than anyone in, say, Chiang Mai, and it was truly just as frightening to me as it was to the Crown Prince in his hotel, wherever it might have been.  And also, like the Crown Prince, it was the 'worst thing' that has ever happened to me.   Although, not being born a Crown Prince of Johor could possibly be worse, now that I think of it.  Or, not.  Advantages and disadvantages to carefully weigh, with royalty.   But, I digress.

Like you, I would have immediately taken cover under the sofa but my diet has not been as successful as one might have wanted, so squeezing under the sofa was a non-starter.   Fortunately, my security team sprang into action and they were able to quickly surround me.  Then, the team was able to get me to the safety of a nearby Dunkin Donuts, where I sheltered in place--saying to hell with the diet!--while my crack team set up a protection zone.   Kudos on your medal, by the way.  Well done, indeed!  I expect we'll both be drinking and dining for free for the next month or so on our harrowing tales.

• Haha 1