Indian Tourist Reports Loss of Valuables in a Bolt Car

webfact

17 hours ago, ignore it said:

Yep.

Whenever I pop out for a beer down walking street I always take a minimum of $2000. with me

They have a habit of not  trusting their hotel room as a place to leave valuables. Personally I am a bit of a pedant, and have taken the cash to pay the Bolt, out of the wallet before it arrives and placed it handy, so that the wallet can be back in the secure pocket.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Had they been in a taxi, it would have been back with them by now, left with police for photo op

So you're saying that a 'regular' taxi driver would have (100% sure) very quickly returned his belongings. 

And are you saying that BOLT drivers don't return property left in their vehicles? 

Really? I challenge all of that completely.

There's honest and dishonest people in every aspect of life, every country, and including those we engage with in any form of business transaction.

Fact of life.

To suggest that BOLT drivers are all thieves who don't return property cannot be substantiated and is  very unfair. But perhaps the poster has proof, please share.

Edited by scorecard

On 10/7/2023 at 8:11 AM, webfact said:

The group had hailed the Bolt service via its app from Soi Bua Khao to Walking Street in South Pattaya.

Pure laziness!  

I've lost count of how many Indian tourists have reported losses.  The insurance companies must be getting really p....ed-off.

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

So you're saying that a 'regular' taxi driver would have (100% sure) very quickly returned his belongings. 

And are you saying that BOLT drivers don't return property left in their vehicles? 

There's honest and dishonest people in every aspect of life, every country, and including those we engage with in any form of business transaction.

Fact of life.

To suggest that BOLT drivers are all thieves who don't return property cannot be substantiated and is  very unfair. But perhaps the poster has proof, please share.

I read it as more of a sardonic comment..... not as literal as you seem to have read it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/8/2023 at 1:27 PM, scorecard said:

Fact of life.

Irony & sarcasm escapes you it seems

How times have we seen phot ops of taxi driver returning thousand of $ left and jewellery ??

Never seen one from a Bolt doing the same ,have you?

4 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

How times have we seen phot ops of taxi driver returning thousand of $ left and jewellery ??

Although Bolt does have a facility in the App to attempt to recover items left behind.... I rarely record a taxi driver's details. 

An alternative hypothesis is, the girls he was with acted together to steal the money from him. On balance of probability far more likely, as Thai women usually reject Indian men on the basis of their dark skin.

The most cash I have ever carried with me in a night zone is 2000 baht. Enough to buy a bar fine and some lady drinks. Anyone having 75,000 baht on their person is asking to get robbed.

2 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

I don't see that as a valid argument.

You don't know and I don't know if that's happened and whether nobody wanted photos to be taken.

I've used BOLT many times. Every time the driver has checked as I'm alighting that I've taken all my belongings.