Biden stuns allies with border wall bombshell

Social Media

Just now, stoner said:

sure it is. it is happening daily in both the usa and canada. saying otherwise is very ignorant. 

good luck with all that. 

People seeking asylum is a thing.

Illegal entry to seek asylum is not.

People fleeing oppression to a new life in America is definitely a thing.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

People seeking asylum is a thing.

Illegal entry to seek asylum is not.

where did i make any indication that seeking asylum is not a thing ? you are putting words into my mouth. predictable. 

illegally entering any country for any reason is....illegal. 

for example. when you walk across an international border at a place that is not controlled by immigration officers. then after being in that country you then claim asylum. that is illegal. 

thanks you can show yourself out now. 

Edited by stoner
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, stoner said:

where did i make any indication that seeking asylum is not a thing ? you are putting words into my mouth. predictable. 

illegally entering any country for any reason is....illegal. 

Unless to seek asylum where that nation is a signatory to the international convention on refugees.

A wall makes sense in highly populated areas or close proximity to those areas. As is the case with Starr County.

It made absolutely no sense in remote wilderness areas like Big Bend. 

As a Democrat, I can say the party is not only broken, but ruled by overly woke snowflakes. Biden is right on this one. Always oppose the extremists. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I don't think it's cruel by definition to have decent borders but it is complicated. 

Yeah it's a bit like rocket surgery! How Thailand manages with no wall is the stuff Legends are made of. ????

Edited by Venom

17 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Yeah ... I mean ... what a crock !!!

Imagine actually obeying the law and not simply firing, white-anting, doxing, and endlessly insulting an entire persons professional life, the laws of the land, every institution of the People for the People, b y the People, but instead obeying the boundaries of legal precedent and US law and doing what that tells you you must do. How lame is that!!!???

What an appalling thing that President Biden did that!!

The entire world phenomena of mass migration due to war, famine, civil and religious conflict, economic mayhem and collapse in 3rd world economies is nothing to do with one leader, one President or another, That argument is the most puerile, monumentally ignorant, and non-sensical notion. 

To any critical thinking adult informed person it the culmination, the intersecting creeping result of the hegemony and avarice of 1st world nations spanning many millennia.

Sooooo, who was it that promised "not another foot of wall" during the election campaign?

Perhaps he should have been more careful before telling lies.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

A wall makes sense in highly populated areas or close proximity to those areas. As is the case with Starr County.

It made absolutely no sense in remote wilderness areas like Big Bend. 

As a Democrat, I can say the party is not only broken, but ruled by overly woke snowflakes. Biden is right on this one. Always oppose the extremists. 

Errrr, the illegals have legs and have walked a long way to get to the border. I'm sure they can walk a bit further to get to "remote wilderness areas" as well.

At the moment they don't have to as the Federal border agents are even cutting the razor wire to let them through ( as seen on Al Jazeera ).

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, thaipo7 said:

Everyone is missing the point here.  This is the real reason for the change or direction for Biden.  Read and learn.

Biden says that he is going to build the 20 miles of the wall because the money was appropriated for this and can not be spent for anything else.  Biden has already been to ALL the courts to have this money to be used for what he wants.  The Courts says the money has to be spent on a wall.   

But this is not the main reason for Biden announcing this.  The real reason for his statement is because as President we are supposed to have a secure border.  This is low hanging fruit for his Impeachment.  We don't even have to investigate his violations of the Immigration laws.  There are two provisions for this.  The Constitution and his Oath of Office.  (He lied here too.)  He has violated these two provisions.  He has to comply with Statutory Law if he agrees with it or not.  You don't need subpoenas,  you don't need depositions, you don't need an inquiry, his is violating the Law and this is Impeachment number 1.  

Since enough people have gotten threw to him that the Republican Committee looking at his Impeachable offenses has this low hanging fruit to pick, all of a sudden, the wall needs to be built.  Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas had a hard time saying "wall" when he spoke.  There are other low hanging fruit for Impeachment and the Republicans need to get their act together and do their job.

Up until now it has all be intentional by Biden, not to fund the wall, intentionally got rid of  the Remain in Mexico policy, and intentionally released illegals into the country.  All has been intentional.

Now he is trying to fool the American people that he has had a change of thought.  Don't be fooled like the others.

Didn't he put harris in charge of the border? Why do we hear nothing from her on this subject?

41 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Didn't he put harris in charge of the border? Why do we hear nothing from her on this subject?

What ,.. you expecting a politician to admit a total failure of her job and responsibilities?  She use to put people in jail for doing the same as her ... smoking Ganga.

2024 Biden/Harris 2024 ... he craps out or get booted ... Pres. Harris ????

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stoner said:

seeking asylum requires one to cross at a controlled border point. not every single asylum seeker does this. evident by video proof now showing huge groups are in fact not crossing at controlled border points.

any asylum seeker who does not cross at a controlled border point is crossing illegally. regardless of any international convention.

this is common knowledge according to customs and immigration laws of the usa. 

facts.

It also requires having valid travel documents, often denied to people who are being oppressed by their government.

So that would make their traveling across a border to seek asylum illegal too.

Except it doesn’t.

22 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It also requires having valid travel documents, often denied to people who are being oppressed by their government.

That entire discussion is moot when it comes to economic migrants, simply seeking a higher standard of living.

Edit:  Of course, I'd make allowances if they're likely to vote for my guy...

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, impulse said:

That entire discussion is moot when it comes to economic migrants, simply seeking a higher standard of living.

we should be helping people where they are and come from. building up those countries.

many western countries are struggling already and do not need nor can they handle further mass influxes of people on the system. 

governments are pathetic with their spending and could divert huge amounts of money to solve this....but they don't. 

• Like 1

There are legal ways to enter the USA as asylum seekers & economic migrants.  

To bypass those & enter illegally, you are now a criminal, and deserve jail and or deportation, with a ban on entering legally in the future, if you can't respect the laws of the country.  IMHO

Common sense and simple for most people to understand.

• Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

There are legal ways to enter the USA as asylum seekers & economic migrants.  

To bypass those & enter illegally, you are now a criminal, and deserve jail and or deportation, with a ban on entering legally in the future, if you can't respect the laws of the country.  IMHO

Common sense and simple for most people to understand.

No argument on any of that from me.

I doubt any on here that are posting in LOS turned up in a leaky rubber boat devoid of papers expecting to be given a hearty welcome on arrival, with free accommodation on offer.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Edit:  Of course, I'd make allowances if they're likely to vote for my guy...

You people who want to be free and work for a better life. 

Sounds like the American Dream to me.

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You people who want to be free and work for a better life. 

Sounds like the American Dream to me.

There's a program for that, with an application process and a waiting list.  The folks on that list must be beside themselves pissed off.

21 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It all depends on the reason for entry.

Entering to seek asylum is not illegal,

And that’s exactly what the Mexican cartels tell the illegals to claim as they encounter US authorities.  

• Like 1

I don't understand the point that he is "forced"  to use the money on a wall. Can't he just not use the money on anything?

How could lawmakers have prevented him using the money on nothing at all? Is the POTUS so weak and powerless that the republicans can force him to use money set aside for something if it goes against his policy? 

12 hours ago, Purdey said:

I don't understand the point that he is "forced"  to use the money on a wall. Can't he just not use the money on anything?

How could lawmakers have prevented him using the money on nothing at all? Is the POTUS so weak and powerless that the republicans can force him to use money set aside for something if it goes against his policy? 

Have you not been reading the news? There is a law that says money appropriated for a project can not be diverted without the approval of congress, and congress has refused to divert the money.

The POTUS doesn't control the money as that would make him a dictator, and the founding fathers didn't want that to happen. Which is why they set up 3 independent branches of government.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

money appropriated for a project can not be diverted

I understood that money cannot be diverted but you did not read my question. What if he didn’t use the money? Just sat on his hands. That’s not diverting it.

3 hours ago, Purdey said:

I understood that money cannot be diverted but you did not read my question. What if he didn’t use the money? Just sat on his hands. That’s not diverting it.

I did misunderstand your post, Apologies.

I assume the money had to be used by a certain date, or I'm sure he would have just let it lay like you say.

OR

He really has to do something on the border and he thinks he can blame building the wall on the GOP in congress.

Whichever is true, Trump is never going to let this opportunity to give it large to Biden pass.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I assume the money had to be used by a certain date, or I'm sure he would have just let it lay like you say.

This is what I wanted to understand. So it isn't a "use it or lose it" situation? POTUS can actually be forced to use the funds as intended it seems.

Thanks for trying to clarify. 

9 hours ago, Purdey said:

This is what I wanted to understand. So it isn't a "use it or lose it" situation? POTUS can actually be forced to use the funds as intended it seems.

Thanks for trying to clarify. 

As I understand it, POTUS has no control over money, so he has to go to congress to get any spending authorised.

I don't know if it is a use it or lose it situation. You'd need to ask a US financial expert on that. All I know is that he tried to get congress to use the money for something else and they refused.