ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Here's a law for you to read .

If a hospital is used for military purposes , then it non longer has protection from attack by the enemy and the attackers just need to give their enemy notice of their intention to bomb the hospital to make the attack legal 

Article 19 of the 1949 4th Geneva Convention applies.

The protection to which civilian hospitals are entitled shall not cease unless they are used to commit, outside their humanitarian duties, acts harmful to the enemy. Protection may, however, cease only after due warning has been given, naming, in all appropriate cases, a reasonable time limit and after such warning has remained unheeded.

is Israel a signatory to that? It’s been strengthened with the following on bombing

To be legal, aerial operations must comply with the principles of humanitarian law: military necessity, distinction, and proportionality:[1] An attack or action must be intended to help in the military defeat of the enemy; it must be an attack on a military objective, and the harm caused to civilians or civilian propertymust be proportional and not excessive in relation to the concrete and direct military advantage anticipated.

3 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

The only other option Owl is to let the terrorists get their own way, appeasement will never work, the aggressor knows we did nothing last time so they'll do it again and again.

I'm just looking at the possible outcome. If IDF ground forces go in; Hezbollah will get involved. Or so they say. Then all hell will break loose.

Hmm...de facto, looks like the ground offensive is on. Sort of. They are not calling it quite that. No full mobilization of troops to the Gaza Strip. But ground forces in significant (not super large) numbers are still there (unlike the previous two days). In interviews, they refrained from committing, but talked about 'modular raids' conducted according to intel and operational needs. Maybe a preliminary move, maybe applying pressure on Hamas to push hostage negotiations. Maybe by avoiding calling it an 'invasion', 'ground move', 'offensive' or whatever they leave enough wiggle room for Hezbollah and Iran not to interfere without losing too much face. 

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Check your post history. You can't remember? WW111

This is a bit off topic, but I do wish there was an option to attach something like a ringtone to posts.

I keep getting this stuck in my head when you comment.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, owl sees all said:

I'm just looking at the possible outcome. If IDF ground forces go in; Hezbollah will get involved. Or so they say. Then all hell will break loose.

My post still stands, don't appease the terrorists and who is not involved with the Palestinians terrorists, is Russia funding this melee, many think that the Iranians are using the Palestinians to fight a proxy war. The world is a complete mess and it will only get worse until something is done and doing nothing is not an option! 

10 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

is Israel a signatory to that? It’s been strengthened with the following on bombing

To be legal, aerial operations must comply with the principles of humanitarian law: military necessity, distinction, and proportionality:[1] An attack or action must be intended to help in the military defeat of the enemy; it must be an attack on a military objective, and the harm caused to civilians or civilian propertymust be proportional and not excessive in relation to the concrete and direct military advantage anticipated.

Are you familiar with International law and war crimes and things of that nature ?

Have you studied that subject at university ?

Do you know what you are talking about ?

5 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Are you familiar with International law and war crimes and things of that nature ?

Have you studied that subject at university ?

Do you know what you are talking about ?

Yes I am probably as familiar as you are.  I do have some background in law.

You need to study International Humanitarian Law, it supersedes the Geneva Convention in many areas.

6 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

Bob its about the war with Israel and Hamas nothing to do with land grabs, or war crimes that's all been done.

That how these trolls derail a thread, they know if they had to stay on topic with being honest they would have nothing and it's all to easy to be pulled in to their deceptive little games.

9 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Yes I am probably as familiar as you are.  I do have some background in law.

You need to study International Humanitarian Law, it supersedes the Geneva Convention in many areas.

Israel is actually convinced that the Geneva Convention is only applicable for the Canton of Geneva....

9 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

That how these trolls derail a thread, they know if they had to stay on topic with being honest they would have nothing and it's all to easy to be pulled in to their deceptive little games.

There not here to debate the topic Bob just stop feeding them.