ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

I don't like to see the Israeli flag in Gaza though I understand an adrenaline pumped brave IDF soldier doing that.

Israeli needs to occupy Gaza like they need a hole in the head.

Castrate Hamas and cooperate with international / Palestinian Authority forces so that they (not Israel) establishes a new government there and then get the hell out!

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Is that anything to do with the thread......?   :ermm:

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

No it's not.

The more books cited the better.

From both sides.

I have already added "The Strange Death of Europe" to my reading list.

The only reason to bother posting in forums such as this one is to learn, to test ones own beliefs and if the facts require it, change ones opinions.

Only the small minded think they are here to "win".

Here's an interesting link:

https://www.vox.com/23924319/israel-palestine-apartheid-meaning-history-debate

Read it, question what is being said and if you cannot refute it - change your opinion.

Most of what you do on these topics got nothing to do with 'learning', though.

And by your own definition, you are small minded.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Is that anything to do with the thread......?   :ermm:

Antisemites are always pushing the now DEBUNKED Ashkenazi - Khazar conversion origin theory. Even if it was true, which it is not. it doesn't make any difference. The antisemities just love to use it for their vile white colonialism theories about how Israel should have never existed, and should be abolished now. It's not antisemitic to study the topic academically, but the way Israel demonizers exploit that debunked theory certainly is. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

To be honest Brian, at 185 pages in, I've yet to read a single post of yours that added any value to the discussion on the Israel - Hamas war. It is nothing but complaints from you. No one cares about your whinging. The moderators will moderate. How about you try and contribute something worthwhile for a change?

The current death toll of Palestinian kids is 2,913 - what do you think about that?

You can talk, you already told us your trolling....☹️

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Another meaningless post.

Why do you bother?

Why don't you just ignore anything that doesn't interest you?

My guess is, that 185 pages in, you have learned nothing.

Do us all a favour and keep your pessimistic snide nonsense to yourself.

You do not speak for all of us.

You do not seem to seem to have learned anything much either.

Pretty much the same all along the topic.

A whole lot of vitriol, faux emo, deflections and so on.

Relatively little on topic.

Almost nothing on offer as per events other than repeating the same few messages on loop.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Plenty of attention taken, we can all read your posts that's why I know you're a Hamas apologist and a troll constantly deflecting the topic. No more food for you.................

Same from me Brian no more scraps from me. but he wont take the hint he is not wanted on this thread.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Recommendations of books to read.

Easily the top reason I spend any time at all on these boards.

I especially enjoy reading books at odds with my personal views and the best place to find them is, I've found, here.

I have absolutely zero interest at all in scoring points against anonymous keyboard warriors.

How utterly meaningless.

I am looking for strong arguments against which to test my beliefs.

I'd rather be right than "win" and if that means a bit of self reflection and changing of opinions and views - I am all for it.

As far as I'm concerned, if I am wrong, the sooner I become aware of my error, the better.

I'll give you that point scoring is maybe only comes third place for you.

Right after flaming and deflecting.

You are offered arguments against your position on plenty of posts.

You do not address them, but deflect, twist and move goal posts.

You do, however, seem to have a very good opinion of yourself.

Sadly (or not) it is not share by many (or even most) participants.

6 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

Associated Press is another liberal lefty news source, but irrespectively of that without the horrific evil slayings of the Palestinian terrorists on innocent Israelis none of this would be happening. Israel must do whatever is necessary to ensure that crimes of that nature never ever happens again. 

Would you like to enlighten us on which Press Agency you do trust to give News on the evil slayings by Hamas terrorists and hopefully they will share some news on the Israeli campaign against said terrorists.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, JBChiangRai said:

Transam, your posts can usually be summarised as “noise”.  They rarely carry any information. 

see what I mean?

I am not allowed to use 4-letter words on here........🥴

As for, "Oh, no"....You must be blind or thick...........😬

• Like 1

Just now, Morch said:

Be that as it may, I think it's quite obvious who are the trolls on this topic, and (generally) which 'side' they 'support'.

In a sense, your comments regarding posters echo a popular sentiment on current events  comments - that Israel should be better than that etc.

But i do agree with most of what you posted.

As for the 'revenge' angle - I would be surprised if it wasn't present on troops level. Many are sure to know people who were murdered on 7/10, friends of friends and so on. So for many it's personal, which makes it more emotional and maybe harder to control. On policy making level, though - I don't think it's quite that. If one considers this an issue, then a good thing that most Gazan civilians evacuated - that way such sentiments are more likely to be taken out on Hamas men - and with that, zero issues.

I agree with most of what you said, especially the troops.

Regarding “the trolls”, I don’t think you can leap to the conclusion about which side they support, as for the accelerated argument's, that is perhaps a case of action and reaction driven by anger on both sides and the desire to win, which is usually impossible here.