ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

1 minute ago, Mavideol said:

where did I said that Israel occupied Gaza, the article pointed out that Israel has been invading Gaza

She did

"“Israel cannot claim the right of self-defence against a threat that emanates from a territory it occupies, from a territory that is under belligerent occupation,” she said."

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Morch said:

No, she doesn't. If she thought she had a good point she'd push it through UN bodies to get a more 'official' condemnation.

because u don't like what she said it doesn't mean that her point it's incorrect, people have the right to their own opinion

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Morch said:

She did

"“Israel cannot claim the right of self-defence against a threat that emanates from a territory it occupies, from a territory that is under belligerent occupation,” she said."

so it wasn't me, correct?

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

Israel has committed war crime after war crime and should be taken  accountable for such actions, they can not claim self defense as self defense only works when another country/state attacks you, since Palestine is not a country and/nor state thus the international war laws were violated..

Israel has ‘no right’ to wage war: UN

She said Israel could not claim self-defence in the laws of war because that could only be prescribed when under threat from another state.

“Israel cannot claim the right of self-defence against a threat that emanates from a territory it occupies, from a territory that is under belligerent occupation,” she said.

https://au.yahoo.com/news/israel-no-wage-war-un-041700618.html

What? An opinion piece. She also opinions that "Israel has no right self defence" B.S.

3 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

I'm mostly confronted with the same phenomenon that my knowledge of Israel is often higher or better than average Israel sympathizers. This can be for political, historical, religious and more general facts about Israel.

I didn't see any antisemite (Judeophobic)  post in this topic.

Anti-Zionism is acceptable as it's a political and colonial ideology. It's not racist.

My posts might be labeled by others as incorrect, false, misleading, based on dodgy sources, off topic and so on because they have not the maturity (ability to adapt and to accept) for such debates.

The hasbara fellowship runs at overdrive and the content will no more be discussed. The messenger receives full discredit because he's better informed.

8 x "you" = non content based critics, only messenger attack

:coffee1:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

because u don't like what she said it doesn't mean that her point it's incorrect, people have the right to their own opinion

I don't like her or what she says - and I also think she does not have much of a point.

Having a right to an opinion doesn't mean all opinions are valid (see above, this point was just discussed).

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

What point might that be? Pretending Gaza is occupied so she can claim Israel is committing war crimes? 

it's unbelievable how some become so defensive with certain topics, let the lady have her piece of mind as I think she would let you have yours

so it wasn't me, correct?

You posted the link, without much comment, so one assumes you agree with it.

And regardless, the point remains - Israel does not actually occupy the Gaza Strip. 

This makes her 'point' just a but of lame sophistry.

Given her history, views and the post she currently hold - expecting her to be anything but biased is a laugh.

1 minute ago, Mavideol said:

it's unbelievable how some become so defensive with certain topics, let the lady have her piece of mind as I think she would let you have yours

Yes she's had her right, now we are expressing ours, her opinion not based on any legal basis, she is wrong, everyone including Israel has a right to self defense.

• Like 2

We are posters on an internet forum in Thailand. Our opinions don't matter much and do not get much exposure.

She's a UN official. What she says is considered by others, it gets traction and so on.

It's not the same.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Morch said:

You posted the link, without much comment, so one assumes you agree with it.

And regardless, the point remains - Israel does not actually occupy the Gaza Strip. 

This makes her 'point' just a but of lame sophistry.

Given her history, views and the post she currently hold - expecting her to be anything but biased is a laugh.

one should never assume anything unless has proof or it can turn into making an "ass of u & me"

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

Israel has committed war crime after war crime and should be taken  accountable for such actions, they can not claim self defense as self defense only works when another country/state attacks you, since Palestine is not a country and/nor state thus the international war laws were violated..

Israel has ‘no right’ to wage war: UN

She said Israel could not claim self-defence in the laws of war because that could only be prescribed when under threat from another state.

“Israel cannot claim the right of self-defence against a threat that emanates from a territory it occupies, from a territory that is under belligerent occupation,” she said.

https://au.yahoo.com/news/israel-no-wage-war-un-041700618.html

You’ve come waltzing onto this topic and immediately shown what a remarkable lack of knowledge you have about the issue.

For emphasis, you have copied and pasted a passage from the link, in bold font, saying that Israel cannot claim the right of self defence from a territory it occupies. You did not even know that Israel has not occupied Gaza since 2006, yet you post this nonsense …. I wonder why ?

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Another one who deflects the truth when he’s presented with it. Same as the poster he was trying to back. Troll

I do not deflect from truth.

Truth to date is yet to be determined, no longer is written by the victors.

I have no qualms debating these significant and consequential matters openly, whether my viewpoint is adverse or not to otherwise opinion, I do not stoop to absorbing rhetoric for any influence.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

Yes, people have a right to their own opinion, but not to their own facts. Your state your opinion, but present is as fact by linking to someone else's opinion. I would call you a liar, but you likely believe your idiocy.  I would call you deceitful, but you have deceived no one. 

Liar05.png.f875978449825f8bdac24c07b054538e.png

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

You’ve come waltzing onto this topic and immediately shown what a remarkable lack of knowledge you have about the issue.

For emphasis, you have copied and pasted a passage from the link, in bold font, saying that Israel cannot claim the right of self defence from a territory it occupies. You did not even know that Israel has not occupied Gaza since 2006, yet you post this nonsense …. I wonder why ?

and you have come waltzing onto this topic with the only purpose of negativity and arrogance, u know nothing about me and it's better that way just try to be more understanding in the near future, bye bye

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Paul Catton said:

I do not deflect from truth.

Truth to date is yet to be determined, no longer is written by the victors.

I have no qualms debating these significant and consequential matters openly, whether my viewpoint is adverse or not to otherwise opinion, I do not stoop to absorbing rhetoric for any influence.

You’re not getting this are you. The poster was claiming numerous times that babies were being killed by Israel every ten minutes. It was a lie. That is the truth and fact.

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I think that she might legally be wrong .

that's possible and I didn't claim she was right, just posted her opinion as many other have posted other reporters opinions, free speech

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

and you have come waltzing onto this topic with the only purpose of negativity and arrogance, u know nothing about me and it's better that way just try to be more understanding in the near future, bye bye

Well, I know enough about you to understand that you did not know that Israel does not occupy Gaza, otherwise you would not have pasted a statement from someone saying that Israel does not have the right of self defence from a territory it occupies. She is not stating an opinion, she is putting an incorrect statement forward as fact, and you believed it and are still trying to defend it. Nothing arrogant about pointing out something that is factually incorrect.

• Like 2