ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

39 minutes ago, bobbin said:

Hamas committed war crimes when they attacked October 7, killing women and children.

Israel is currently committing war crimes in their collective punishment of Gazan civilians, killing  women and children. Hamas is hiding underground.

Israel's response isn't actually a war crime and its a legal response to being at war .

Israel is fighting   a war with Hamas in Gaza and some buildings are getting damaged in the process of the war .

It is legal and it isn't a war crime 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

I would say I am in 100% agreement with you.

I think the US has finally had enough.

Netanyahu and the extreme right in Israel are done for - time for the reasonable centre to take charge. 

There will always be extremists on both sides, but once a two state solution is in place, I believe the terrorists own populations will bring them to heal.

Peace between Israel and Palestine would be a devastating blow to global jihadists - something we can all agree is a win for all humanity.

There is nothing much to support your opinion that a two-state solution will cause respective populations to bring terrorists to heel.

If anything, many analysts and commentators acknowledge the difficulty of maintaining an agreement due to the efforts of extreme elements to disrupt it, and to cause shifts in public opinion.

Stating things as fact does not make them so.

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

To claim it was unpreventable is to claim that it is now unsolvable.

Pointless nihilism.

You claimed it was preventable. You have not supported that with anything semi-factual or rational.

• Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Israel's response isn't actually a war crime and its a legal response to being at war .

Israel is fighting   a war with Hamas in Gaza and some buildings are getting damaged in the process of the war .

It is legal and it isn't a war crime 

You don't know that.

Even the ICC and the UN still need to complete gathering evidence and witnesses and investigate and analyse all the evidence for crimes committed by both sides before it can be sent to the ICC for prosecution.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, freeworld said:

You don't know that.

Even the ICC and the UN still need to complete gathering evidence and witnesses and investigate and analyse all the evidence for crimes committed by both sides before it can be sent to the ICC for prosecution.

Total waste of time, nothing will come of it like nothing came of the attrocities committed by Russians in Ukraine

2 minutes ago, freeworld said:

You don't know that.

Not exactly.

What you say holds with regard to most of Israel's actions. While certainly much being unpalatable, it may not cross the bar so as to be labeled illegal.

Hamas's well documented infractions are very clear.

So while diplomatic language may require that bit about yet to be proven etc., it's not quite the same.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, freeworld said:

You don't know that.

Even the ICC and the UN still need to complete for crimes committed by both sides before it can be sent to the ICC for prosecution.

Will the ICC and UN also be 'gathering evidence and witnesses and investigate and analyse all the evidence' regarding the atrocity done by the Hamas terrorists?  Of course not - why - because Hamas is not a member of UN or ICC - they are a terrorist organisation. 

One question to all the pro-Palestine supporters - when did you first hear about 'Palestine'.  For me it was when Palestine Terrorists did the 'Munich Massacre' at the 1972 Olympics. Munich massacre - Wikipedia

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 1

Just now, proton said:

Total waste of time, nothing will come of it like nothing came of the attrocities committed by Russians in Ukraine

That war is not over, there are already arrest warrants out on some participants in that war and it has restricted their travel to limited nations.

More to come.

1 minute ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Will the ICC and UN also be 'gathering evidence and witnesses and investigate and analyse all the evidence' regarding the atrocity done by the Hamas terrorists?  Of course not - why - because Hamas is not a member of UN or ICC - they are a terrorist organisation. 

One question to all the pro-Palestine supporters - when did you first hear about 'Palestine'.  For me it was when Palestine Terrorists did the 'Munich Massacre' at the 1972 Olympics. Munich massacre - Wikipedia

Of course they will, and even the legal system in Israel has jurisdiction over the perpetrator crimes committed on their territory.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, freeworld said:

You don't know that.

I do know that .

Israel takes legal advice before participating in war and they stick to the rules

3 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

I first heard about Palestinians after airplane hijacking 

1 minute ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

What makes you think that they do not gather such evidence? I would be surprised if they haven't.

Hamas is not a member, but Palestine is. When Palestine joined up, there was an issue with that, and the Palestinians had to clarify that it covers Hamas actions as well. The PA was quite distressed about it at the time, because de-facto they are the recognized Palestinian government. In effect, there is no way to enforce ICC issues when it comes to Hamas, though.

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

I do know that .

Israel takes legal advice before participating in war and they stick to the rules

Well that will come when all the evidence is analysed by the legal entities of the ICC and UN of what Israel thinks could justify their actions.

7 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

The UN have become a pointless organisation; they gather all their evidence (from Gaza) directly from Hamas, accepting whatever Hamas tells them as factual.

I don't know if it's an issue of accepting Hamas claims as factual, so much as Hamas controlling access (and messing with) to evidence and witnesses.

10 minutes ago, Morch said:

Not exactly.

What you say holds with regard to most of Israel's actions. While certainly much being unpalatable, it may not cross the bar so as to be labeled illegal.

Hamas's well documented infractions are very clear.

So while diplomatic language may require that bit about yet to be proven etc., it's not quite the same.

PR damage of Israeli government + IDF is at domestic level a disaster.

The settlers in the North had to leave their towns and move to the center of the country as temporary solution.

The same can be said in the south nearing Gaza that the IDF security and legacy failed.

It's almost impossible for the Israeli government to guarantee after this multi front war that everything is going to be OK and safe as before.

Even the public opinion is like-never-before. Many Israeli's have lost faith in the Israeli government and the IDF. The social cocktail in Israel of the hard core ultra right and ultra orthodox (the Coalition) didn't stick with the new ultra leftie TikTok generation (The Opposition).

Edited by Thorgal
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I do know that .

Well, there's this saying about battle plans not surviving first contact with the enemy. Maybe not so different with legal advice. With the scope of military actions involved, it's almost a certainty some would cross the line. Then you have mistakes, which may count as well. Lastly, while the IDF and the Israeli government rely on legal advice, it does not follow that legal issues cannot be contended - it's not a foolproof thing. But way more organized and legit than some imagine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, freeworld said:

Of course they will, and even the legal system in Israel has jurisdiction over the perpetrator crimes committed on their territory.

I believe that most people here agree that some of what Israel is doing will at some point be deemed war crimes, the idea that the UN or the ICC is going to do anything of any significance to help end the conflict is ridiculous. 

It seems to me that all the UN wants to do is get Israel to stop pummeling hamas. Some would argue that this is purely for humanitarian reasons, while others will argue it is to allow hamas to regroup and resupply, but at the end of the day, it will only prolong the conflict. 

The only thing, IMO, that will end the conflict if for Israel to continue pummeling hamas until they surrender or until they are eradicated. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Morch said:

What makes you think that they do not gather such evidence? I would be surprised if they haven't.

Hamas is not a member, but Palestine is. When Palestine joined up, there was an issue with that, and the Palestinians had to clarify that it covers Hamas actions as well. The PA was quite distressed about it at the time, because de-facto they are the recognized Palestinian government. In effect, there is no way to enforce ICC issues when it comes to Hamas, though.

Exactly - Hamas has never been tried and found guilty by ICC - but their crimes are very clear. They have fired thousands of unguided rockets into Israel every year for a long time now.  Find the guilty verdict and I will stand corrected. 

Just now, TroubleandGrumpy said:

If Israel are stopped from destroying Hamas, then this will happen again and again. Either Hamas destroys Israel, or Israel destroys Hamas. Anyone who thinks a settlement can be reached is stupid - Hamas will 'play along' with that, while they rebuild their arms and tunnels. That is what they have done every time Israel backs off - hopefully this time they dont back off and they finish it.  

They follow the lying, devious terror example of their prophet. Start a war, beg for a cease fire when losing then spend the time to build up forces for another surprise attack showing no mercy. Hamas need rooting out like a nest of rats, killing a few will not be enough.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, freeworld said:

So, the ICC issued an arrest warrant for Putin over six months ago. How has this helped the Ukrainians? Can they not find him? 

• Like 1