ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

20 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

All of the above is doable, if the effort is confined to Gaza.

Creating an independent neutral Gaza should be the goal.

You probably misunderstood my post or the context. I wasn't referring solely to the Gaza Strip, but to a comprehensive solution between the two sides. This is not anywhere near doable, considering how things stand.

I have no doubt that the people of Gaza will be even more antagonistic toward Israel when this is done and over with. Even if they'll lay some of the blame of the Hamas.

Lebanon post 2006 was the same. Relatively brief period of anger vs. Hezbollah for inviting the Israeli attack, then back to the usual - 'Israel bad'.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I don’t think it could be worse than Hamas.

That's because you're not familiar with the other, smaller outfit, Islamic Jihad.

A resurgence of some IS clone, unlikely as that is, might also put things in perspective.

37 minutes ago, metisdead said:

Posts with content from unapproved sources contravening our Community Standards have been removed:

• Social media content is acceptable in most forums. However in factual areas such as but not limited to news, current affairs and health topics, social media cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or a government agency, and must include a link to the original source. In some circumstances a moderator may relax this rule and this will be determined on a case by case basis. If this rule is relaxed a moderator will post a public notice explaining the limit and scope of the relaxation.

So credible media sources reporting on social media content being removed by the original poster after they've been questioned on the validity of their claims is acceptable then.

Bel Trew, war correspondent who broke the news on Twitter, also took back her claim and gave the following clarification:  

“I just wanted to clarify that I did not tweet 40 babies had been beheaded. I tweeted that foreign media had been told women and children had been decapitated but we had not been shown bodies - which was my response to reports which had gone viral about the 40 babies. I realised the way my tweet was written was too short to explain the full context, so deleted it. My headline of my story references that toddlers were killed.”

https://www.samaa.tv/208732481-fact-check-40-israeli-babies-beheaded-by-hamas-fighters

Edited by MrMojoRisin
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Agreed, the vast majority in Gaza seem to support Hamas.  War is Hell.

Strange, the Scottish first minister has just said, "the overwhelming majority of those in Gaza have nothing to do with Hamas".

So, who do we believe? 

2 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

The British SAS will be on standby for any rescue missions in Gaza and are likely in the early planning stages already.

Sure it will. Because there's nothing like jumping into unfamiliar territory when a friendly army and a terrorist organization are trading blows.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Strange, the Scottish first minister has just said, "the overwhelming majority of those in Gaza have nothing to do with Hamas".

So, who do we believe? 

Hamas usually commands 35%-50% of the votes (on polls, no elections for years now). Support fluctuates following fighting rounds, post-fighting-winters, whether money comes in etc. It's potential candidate usually beats (again, in the polls) with more significant support. If you'd conduct this poll right now, it could go even higher in terms of popular support - a week from now, less.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

The British SAS will be on standby for any rescue missions in Gaza and are likely in the early planning stages already.

Well said BarraMarra, just what was needed on this topic, a bit of comedy, I can hear John McEnroe for some strange reason. ????

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Another alternative is Egyptian control, but that would cause more problems, same as Israeli control.

Egypt made it clear it has no interest or intention to do that. And as with any outside control, it would be resented by the Palestinians.

• Like 1

Fog of war:

Everyone should remember that in war, particularly in the immediate aftermath of event, reports can be wrong. 

We know that Hamas killed a lot of people on October 6/7, but the reported specifics may be wrong. We know that civilians in Gaza are being killed in bombings, but the exact numbers sre probably not available.

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Fog of war:

Everyone should remember that in war, particularly in the immediate aftermath of event, reports can be wrong. 

We know that Hamas killed a lot of people on October 6/7, but the reported specifics may be wrong. We know that civilians in Gaza are being killed in bombings, but the exact numbers sre probably not available.

Hamas casualty figures are routinely inflated.

2 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Israel does not:

·  execute 260 young people at a music party

·  go from house to house killing entire families

·  rape and brutalise young women

·  abduct young and old alike

·  kill young women, strip them naked and parade them on pick up trucks

·  execute babies by slitting their throats

·  fire thousands of rockets indiscriminately at a civilian population

·  celebrate the death of their enemies with parties in the streets

There is no equivalence here, and to suggest there is, is either naive or something far more sinister; I hope it is just naivety on your part.

It isnt. 

As far as I am concerned, Hamas is a terrorist organization that must be elimated by all means. Support, in any fashion whatsoever, means that one supports the terrorist organization whose avowed end is the murder of all jews.

Thats fine with me. That allows me to guage, in some small part, the level of Jew hatred out there. Its funny that Hamas supporters dont have the cojones to just broadcast their hatred of Jews, even from the anonymity of Mommy's basement. Way to show courage. Like guys with AKs who shoot down harmless civilians and call themselves freedom fighters.

So this thread has been instructive to all of us Im sure. The jew haters hide behind their selective interpretation of facts and history, intead of just bravely saying, Yeah, I hate the jews. Id respect them more if they said that.

Me, I proudly voice my opinion. Hamas killed US citizens, therefore they should be wiped off the map. Send in US troops if necessary. Iran assisted them, the Mullahs and their military should be next. Its war and collateral damage happens. Its for the better good. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

3 hours ago, jvs said:

just have a look at this and if that is not enough for you i can link more videos.If i where you mr mojo i would feel ashamed of myself and hide some where.Disgusting !!!!

Sky News Australia, this video

Australian government, Labour, left-wing

Sky News UK, UK Government, Conservative, right-wing

Sky News refuses to run the 40 babies beheading story  

"We have not seen the evidence of that...we have asked the IDF 3 times to confirm it...they have not yet...” SKY News explains why it is not covering the "beheaded babies" claim.

Murdoch media, says it all.

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Queers for Palestine can kiss my grits.  Imagine what the Hamas terrorists would do with that lot. Everyone knows they love queers.

If memory serves, this bunch were parading whilst Hamas were getting their jollies throwing homosexuals off high buildings. Naive, stupid or both?

ALERT

OSINT sources are reporting new attacks on northern Israel involving gliders and/or drones from Lebanon, widespread alerts. Long range missiles also reported from Gaza.  (exact details can be fuzzy)

A good source is https://twitter.com/sentdefender

Recent tweets.

- Explosions are being heard in Northern Israel

- Initial Reports that Gliders carrying Terrorist have crossed the Border with Lebanon into Northern Israel.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jittery nerves?

IDF Homefront Command has announced that the “Aircraft Penetration Alerts” over Northern Israel were caused by an Error and that there were No Drones or Paragliders in the Sky over the Country.

2 minutes ago, rabas said:

Jittery nerves?

IDF Homefront Command has announced that the “Aircraft Penetration Alerts” over Northern Israel were caused by an Error and that there were No Drones or Paragliders in the Sky over the Country.

Demonstrates how easily things can escalate due to mistakes.

• Like 2