ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

1 hour ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Are you saying the the Israeli government should be judged by the same standards as a terrorist outfit such as Hamas?

No, as a recognized nation and the oppressor, they should be held to a much higher standard. 

Edited by mikebike
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Just watched a video of Hamas massacring about ten unarmed Israeli citizens in a bomb shelter 

That's a war crime right there 

No mention of that on the BBC.

I am not for a moment suggesting it did not happen.

But remember that the reporting of some of the more savage manifestation of Palestinian terrorism, specifically Hamas and Hezbollah actions is often "selectively" presented by certain media.

The BBC's correspondent

in the area wasn't known as "Abu Bowen" for nothing!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2baht said:

Check the numbers, Israel wins the killing civilians atrocities by miles! Netinyahoo will be in his war mongering element!

I expect that man will be relishing the opportunity to send the military into Gaza to destroy as much as possible.

I heard him on tv saying they are going to target every corner of Gaza and the people should leave now, which I assume is code for "if you don't leave you'll likely get killed".

Where he thinks they should go to was unsaid.

If he does lay waste to Gaza, it doesn't bode well for the hostages held there.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Israeli cabinet has resolved this morning to destroy  Hamas and the Islamic jihad operational capabilities, and not to stop until this target was achieved, stop water, electricity, and stop allowing the entrance of goods and services to Gaza..

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, stevenl said:

How is it possible that the highly praised Israeli intelligence agencies missed this? How can Hamas have build up such an arsenal in the completely controlled Gaza strip?

The weapons come in through tunnels from the Sinai, which is not under Israeli control, and Hamas would have been well aware of Israeli stooges/ spies and probably killed them.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, ezzra said:

The Israeli cabinet has resolved this morning to destroy  Hamas and the Islamic jihad operational capabilities, and not to stop until this target was achieved, stop water, electricity, and stop allowing the entrance of goods and services to Gaza..

If they do that and thousands of Gazan's die of thirst, how does that impact the Israeli story of being the eternal victim deserving special exemption from international laws?

If they do go too far, the carefully constructed alliance with Arab states will likely be a dead duck, and that's just for starters. When the pictures of dead Gaza children start being circulated on social media how long before western governments can no longer justify excusing Israeli flouting of international laws?

Israel has more to lose than Gaza people in this situation.

18 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

How many Muslims are you talking about?

Are all of them cheering? Is it half of them?

Is it a tiny minority? People who make statements such as yours create the environment that l leads to what we are seeing happen today.

I suspect a great many. Many are not fans of the west and especially not of Israel.

15 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

No mention of that on the BBC.

I am not for a moment suggesting it did not happen.

But remember that the reporting of some of the more savage manifestation of Palestinian terrorism, specifically Hamas and Hezbollah actions is often "selectively" presented.

The BBC's correspondent

in the area wasn't known as "Abu Bowen" for nothing!

This is what was reported from inside a Israeli bomb shelter where they were hiding 

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

When will Hamas be held accountable for their violations  of international law ?

They cannot really complain if Israel responds to war crimes committed by the Palestinians , if no ones going to hold them to accountable for their actions  .

Palestinians  murdered Israeli citizens , Woman and Children included , they cannot complain  about any response to their war crimes 

and Israelis have murdered Palestinian people, women and children included, so they cannot complain about any response to their war crimes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

One more victim identified .

The lower photo is of her in the back on a truck after being murdered and her copse being desecrated and spat upon whist they were shouting "Allah Ahkbar" .

She was attending a musical peace festival when she got taken 

r/AskMiddleEast - Hopefully you guys remember that there are real people behind the casualty numbers and that there are a lot of families and people being hurt.

If you want to get into a contest about who kills more than the other side, I know that the Israelis win the death total easily.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

If Islam was really a 'religion of peace' as they claim it is, then there would have been more peace and security...

Or maybe if Judaism really was a religion of peace, there would have been more peace and security.

In fact, blaming the nature of both religions for the conflict is just reflexive nonsense.

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I remember dead Gaza children from the last time Israel attacked them from the air, so your last sentence back at you.

Do the ADF deliberately target and kill children as a matter of policy? To a degree Israel has bought this current round of fighting on themselves with the expansion of settlements and 'settler' violence. Personally I do not understand the Hamas attack as for sure it will lead to massive civilian casualties in Gaza. Maybe Hamas are seeking to disrupt the Abraham Accords and prisoners / hostages as a tool to leverage release of Israeli held prisoners and concession  - not likely to succeed. Personally I doubt Hezbollah with engage in open warfare with Israel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That's what happens when a bunch of western countries decides to use the UN to take someone else's land without consent.

Having defeated the Arab countries, Israel didn't return to the area given to them, but continued to illegally occupy Palestinian land and build illegal settlements on it, while suppressing the legal occupants.

Israel gave back the Sinai to Egypt , and Jordon, who previously ruled the West Bank , said they didn't want the West Bank back , so the West Bank was vacant land because the Jordanians didn't want it back again 

• Thanks 1