ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

1 minute ago, simple1 said:

Do the ADF deliberately target and kill children as a matter of policy? To a degree Israel has bought this current round of fighting on themselves with the expansion of settlements and 'settler' violence. Personally I do not understand the Hamas attack as for sure it will lead to massive civilian casualties in Gaza. Maybe Hamas are seeking to disrupt the Abraham Accords and prisoners / hostages as a tool to leverage release of Israeli held prisoners and concession  - not likely to succeed. Personally I doubt Hezbollah with engage in open warfare with Israel.

IMO it is the actions of men with absolutely nothing to lose by doing so, which is on Israeli illegal occupation and suppression of the legal occupants for decades.

Perhaps they think it's better to die taking some Israelis with them than to live like sheeple.

I certainly don't think they thought they had any hope of "winning", against the Israeli military. At most they may get some prisoners released in a prisoner swap.

As for the expected casualties among the Gaza population, if one understands their mentality, one understands why they have disregarded the likely consequences.

Also, if one wants a ready supply of young men for the struggle, Israel is their best recruiting tool in fomenting hatred for that nation.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Time for forgiveness is over. We must  take Gaza and  keep it. Eradicate the bloodthirsty factions.  And  transform the  place  as Haussmann did for Paris.  Being able to shoot  the canon at mad dogs crowds  helps.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Do the ADF deliberately target and kill children as a matter of policy? To a degree Israel has bought this current round of fighting on themselves with the expansion of settlements and 'settler' violence. Personally I do not understand the Hamas attack as for sure it will lead to massive civilian casualties in Gaza. Maybe Hamas are seeking to disrupt the Abraham Accords and prisoners / hostages as a tool to leverage release of Israeli held prisoners and concession  - not likely to succeed. Personally I doubt Hezbollah with engage in open warfare with Israel.

Well, for one thing, it should at least delay the warming of relations between Israel and various Arab nations

"10 Ways to Resolve All Conflicts and End War

De-escalate the concept of enemy. ...

Treat the other side with respect. ...

Recognize that there is the perception of injustice on both sides. ...

Be prepared to forgive and ask for forgiveness. ...

Refrain from belligerence."

Well, try that with HAMAS

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

1. Are the Israeli's going to have to get over the fact that they will never own all the land "from the river to the sea"?

2. ...death by a thousand cuts. Unless Israel changes course, the pinpricks will continue for millennia after millennia.

That might be true, but again, a one  sided comment. The very same applies to the Palestinians. They will not have their own version of "river to the sea", and apart from yesterday, it's the Palestinians that pay more dearly for the situation.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jingthing said:

They'd be wrong. 

Don't know.

From their perspective, first their land was taken, the international community does nothing, Israel is suppressing them, the international community does nothing, and now their Arab friends are also suppressing them and leaving them alone.

5 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

How many expansionist settlements have the Palestinians illegally created in the last 8 decades?

This topic is about the Gaza Strip, and Hamas. Israel withdrew from there years ago, dismantling all settlements. 

Could we focus, please?

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

bloodthirsty factions

Maybe Mr N's right wing cronies should be included with this statement. Always takes 2 to tango.

We've  been under  attack for 75 years, and invariably  there  have  been crowds of little men with funny moustaches  trying to blame it on us. 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

"10 Ways to Resolve All Conflicts and End War

De-escalate the concept of enemy. ...

Treat the other side with respect. ...

Recognize that there is the perception of injustice on both sides. ...

Be prepared to forgive and ask for forgiveness. ...

Refrain from belligerence."

Well, try that with HAMAS

Hamas is a consequence of Israeli occupation and suppression of the legal occupants.

Perhaps some on here would prefer Palestinians to be sheeple .

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You know very well that its unacceptable to equate Jews to Nazis , you know very well that its offensive and abusive (and against the law in some Countries as well )

Given the provocation of the statement being responded to:

"Time for forgiveness is over. We must  take Gaza and  keep it. Eradicate the bloodthirsty factions.  And  transform the  place  as Haussmann did for Paris.  Being able to shoot  the canon at mad dogs crowds  helps."

I think his comment is understandable. Or maybe you have no problem with Ben Zioner's statement?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

We've  been under  attack for 75 years, and invariably  there  have  been crowds of little men with funny moustaches  trying to blame it on us. 

Some of us know why you've been under attack for 75 years and think your lot is getting pay back for that.

• Sad 1

Natenyahu has joined the extremists and now there is virtually no hope for peace in that region. Most Jews around the world disagree with their genocidal policies, and the settlements. I find alot of Israeli policy  atrocious and very racist. Israel cannot expect the violence to stop, until they develop a reasonable and humane approach. And are willing to compromise. 

Thailand sends its regards. No surprise there. Have they even been sympathetic to the oppressed? 

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

For an IMO less biased news source go to Al Jazeera.

You mean that news channel state owned by the fabled democracy that is Qatar? Which, by the way, is a main sponsor of the Gaza Strip? Less biased, how?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

If the aggression actually happens, as it does, they can either whine about it or go kill Israelis. Which would you prefer?

I would prefer you not to butcher my posts in order to make daft points.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Given the provocation of the statement being responded to:

"Time for forgiveness is over. We must  take Gaza and  keep it. Eradicate the bloodthirsty factions.  And  transform the  place  as Haussmann did for Paris.  Being able to shoot  the canon at mad dogs crowds  helps."

I think his comment is understandable. Or maybe you have no problem with Ben Zioner's statement?

Its quite acceptable to disagree with him if you want and you can liken him to anyone in history, anyone apart from Adolf Hitler .

Gengis Khan , Pol Pot, Julius Ceaser  , Putin, Kim Jong Ill , Saddam Hussein 

Try to think of someone else, other than Adolf Hitler for a comparison 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Some of us know why you've been under attack for 75 years and think your lot is getting pay back for that.

My lot knows quite well that the only driver for that sort of comment can be  found  in the  history  of Europe of the 1930s.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

Perhaps they decided that going out with a bang is better than dying the death of a thousand cuts under the Israeli seige.

Neil Young said it best

"It's better to burn out than it is to rust"

Perhaps you're just making up stuff. Just the week prior to this there were the usual (indirect) negotiations securing extra work permits and other concessions for Gazans. Also, I don't think that they asked the people of Gaza as to their views regarding this 'issue'.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Morch said:

The Gaza Strip has not been occupied for many years. Yesterday's attack might change that.

That's true. It hasn't been occupied, but it has been under siege and bombed fairly frequently.

Not something one wants to do if one wants to live peacefully.

BTW, the Israelis only left because it was militarily impossible to remain. They didn't leave out of any sense of fairness.

The Israelis may very well re occupy it, but they will face the same problems that made them leave before, unless they behave in a way that forces western countries to stop turning a blind eye to the illegal occupation and suppression of the Palestinians.

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

You don't seem to have a problem with one-side comments coming from the other direction.

That's not true. I address such comments as well.

Some posters I don't bother responding to, or are on my ignore list.