ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No doubt but any Israeli leader demagogue or not would be expected to make very similar strong statements in the wake of such an invasion by Hamas. 

It’s the behaviour PRIOR to Hamas’s murderous rampage that is the problem. The more bloodshed and death, the greater the odds conservatives win elections. Netanyahu has built a career on this fact (as did Sharon).

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

It’s the behaviour PRIOR to Hamas’s murderous rampage that is the problem. The more bloodshed and death, the greater the odds conservatives win elections. Netanyahu has built a career on this fact (as did Sharon).

His problem now is explaining how Israel was caught by surprise this time. How did Israeli intelligence miss this?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You need to provide links to the claims 

LOL. Hamas fighters are attacking on multiple fronts, at least 25. I've been watching it on Al Jazeera. Some Israeli military installations are under attack. Tanks are captured and destroyed. Soldiers taken hostage.

I've been saying for ages that Israel has sown the wind, and now it is reaping the whirlwind. IMO the only thing not known was when the assault would take place.

For too long the Israelis have been attacking Palestinians with impunity, and the present situation has been just a matter of time.

Of course the Americans and the EU are coming out in support of Israel, and overlooking that THEY have been excusing Israel's appalling treatment of Palestinians, so IMO blood is on their hands too.

Seems that Hamas was able to avoid Israeli spies, as it has apparently been a stunning surprise to Israel.

Those guys will fight to the death, as they have nothing to lose. Israel has left them with no other option but revenge attack.

The response has been the usual attacks on civilian population in Gaza that has been under siege for many years, with cowardly air attacks on civilian infrastructure.

One wonders if the West Bank Palestinians will also rebel and take revenge against settlers.

Inevitably, this assault will fail, and the Gazans will pay a terrible price for it. Perhaps netanyahu is happy that now he will have an excuse to invade Gaza and take revenge while the western world washes it's hands and looks the other way. The interesting question is what the Arab nations say or do in response. Hopefully the Saudis will stop their move to normalise relations with Israel, but that may depend on how far Israel goes in revenge.

Just watched Israeli tank crews been taken hostage, and tanks burning. Those soldiers should be afraid that Palestinians will do to them what Israelis have been doing to Palestinians for decades.

Hamas has taken many Israelis hostage and is reportedly holding them in tunnels. They are demanding that all Palestinian prisoners in Israel should be released.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, JemJem said:

By the way, the reactions to this attack must have shown most Israelis that the Arab regimes overall are not to be trusted. I meant, for example, the reactions of the Saudis and Qataris.  A result of this attack might be to have put an end to the normalisation process between Israel and some Arab countries.

If this causes Arab nations to rethink the "normalisation" of relations with Israel, that would be the only good thing to come out of this situation, IMO.

I guess a lot will depend on what Israel does in Gaza after the attacks are ended. If they go all out destruction, even if western countries look the other way, Arab nations may find that their citizens don't want to be friends with Israel.

Biden just seen on Al Jazeera saying that the US has Israel's back and that "the world is watching".

Biden should be aware that the world will also be watching if Israel goes too far in revenge for this, as I suspect they will. They have been carrying out illegal collective punishment for decades, which has been ignored by the US and EU.

IMO the US government and the EU will be turning a blind eye to any Israeli atrocities. Perhaps the rest of the world will not.

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. Hamas fighters are attacking on multiple fronts, at least 25. I've been watching it on Al Jazeera. Some Israeli military installations are under attack. Tanks are captured and destroyed. Soldiers taken hostage.

I've been saying for ages that Israel has sown the wind, and now it is reaping the whirlwind. IMO the only thing not known was when the assault would take place.

For too long the Israelis have been attacking Palestinians with impunity, and the present situation has been just a matter of time.

Of course the Americans and the EU are coming out in support of Israel, and overlooking that THEY have been excusing Israel's appalling treatment of Palestinians, so IMO blood is on their hands too.

Seems that Hamas was able to avoid Israeli spies, as it has apparently been a stunning surprise to Israel.

Those guys will fight to the death, as they have nothing to lose. Israel has left them with no other option but revenge attack.

The response has been the usual attacks on civilian population in Gaza that has been under siege for many years, with cowardly air attacks on civilian infrastructure.

One wonders if the West Bank Palestinians will also rebel and take revenge against settlers.

Inevitably, this assault will fail, and the Gazans will pay a terrible price for it. Perhaps netanyahu is happy that now he will have an excuse to invade Gaza and take revenge while the western world washes it's hands and looks the other way. The interesting question is what the Arab nations say or do in response. Hopefully the Saudis will stop their move to normalise relations with Israel, but that may depend on how far Israel goes in revenge.

Just watched Israeli tank crews been taken hostage, and tanks burning. Those soldiers should be afraid that Palestinians will do to them what Israelis have been doing to Palestinians for decades.

Hamas has taken many Israelis hostage and is reportedly holding them in tunnels. They are demanding that all Palestinian prisoners in Israel should be released.

Hamas will lose the initiative in a day or two, and the IDF will take a tremendous toll on Hamas fighters.

My opinion is that sporadic attacks by Hamas on Israel are primarily for emotional reasons - relieving frustration, trying to do *something* against Israel, etc. But once they have let off some steam, and Israel reacts, then the emotional situation changes.

Shampoo, rinse, repeat, every 5 years.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Actually, it is called suicide.  FAFO.

Goodbye Gaza.  If you are going to kick a tiger in the ass, you had better have a REAL good plan for dealing with its teeth.

Perhaps they decided that going out with a bang is better than dying the death of a thousand cuts under the Israeli seige.

Neil Young said it best

"It's better to burn out than it is to rust"

• Like 1

As someone who reads the Israeli news, the latest is that over 300 killed among the 1 or more Israeli generals and many more seriously wounded, while hundreds of terrorists have been killed, Hamas has over run several army posts with tanks in them as well as few small towns, people of all ages, young and old, were kidnapped by the Hamas,

the minister of energy said he will cot all electricity supply to Gaza and the house of the Hamas leader was bombed from the air...

Edited by ezzra

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Hamas will lose the initiative in a day or two, and the IDF will take a tremendous toll on Hamas fighters.

My opinion is that sporadic attacks by Hamas on Israel are primarily for emotional reasons - relieving frustration, trying to do *something* against Israel, etc. But once they have let off some steam, and Israel reacts, then the emotional situation changes.

Shampoo, rinse, repeat, every 5 years.

They have no chance of winning. Israel may release Palestinian prisoners in exchange for the hostages, and the situation will continue till the next confrontation. The Gazan's have no where else to go, and even Israel can't go too far in revenge, I hope.

I wonder if the UN back in 1947 knew what they were giving to the world, if they would still take Palestinian/ Jordanian land to give to the zionists?

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Morch said:

Didn't say it would stop the IDF. Most probably this would happen after the fighting is done with and inquiries into this mess are finished.

For now, the coalition will survive, and is even offered some aid (or at least, respite) from the opposition. I don't see a scenario in which Netanyahu voluntarily resign, or that his current political partners betray him over this, though. If poles are to be believed, the current coalition does not command an electoral majority. The last elections were won on a very narrow margin. Sliding right is one thing, having the extreme right win is another.

I never said or implied that you did. Just expanded on what you wrote.

20 years ago, this current government would have been considered extreme right. The Israeli political center of gravity has shifted far to the right.

Edited by placeholder

11 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Launching 7,000 rockets targeted at heavily populated civilian areas is also a tad one-sided.

Wait for the retaliation, Israel will kill Palestinian women and children ln numbers! 

• Thumbs Up 2